The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

This is going to sound ridiculous but…

Moderator: Ryvvi

This is going to sound ridiculous but…

Postby Dylan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:11 pm

I hate my hair color and eye color, it’s so common. I have dark brown hair and dark blue eyes, it’s just ugly looking to me cause I have it and it’s just well…. So common.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 11:50 pm

Re: This is going to sound ridiculous but…

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:19 pm

Not common here but very attractive to have that combination, striking.

Sounds like you want a change though... so you can always color your hair or wear colored contacts or wear a wig, they make really good ones now especially for people having lost their hair from chemotherapy.

Sometimes a new stylish hair cut puts things in a different perspective. Or highlights in the hair.
I have blue eyes & happen to like blue eyes. My friends eyes go green or blue depending on what she wears. So sometimes what you wear can accentuate your eyes or hair color too.

Try a few things out, If you feel too common go on a vacation to a country that it is not common but ... warning ... you might feel out of place! I did that once, & felt kind of conspicuous. haha

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 9:50 pm

Postby Dylan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:30 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Not common here but very attractive to have that combination, striking.

Sounds like you want a change though... so you can always color your hair or wear colored contacts or wear a wig, they make really good ones now especially for people having lost their hair from chemotherapy.

Sometimes a new stylish hair cut puts things in a different perspective. Or highlights in the hair.
I have blue eyes & happen to like blue eyes. My friends eyes go green or blue depending on what she wears. So sometimes what you wear can accentuate your eyes or hair color too.

Try a few things out, If you feel too common go on a vacation to a country that it is not common but ... warning ... you might feel out of place! I did that once, & felt kind of conspicuous. haha

Thank you Lemon, I don’t plan on changing my hair or eye color but people say blue eyes are creepy and unattractive, but that’s according to Reddit, so I’m not really surprised.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:41 pm

Then don't read reddit! :wink:

I think people are sometimes "creeped out" by the sheer light blue gray "piercing' eyes ... the ones where you feel they look right through you.

I knew a guy that had eyes like that ... very light piercing eyes ... they were almost like the blue light used to attract bugs ... you couldn't look away, you just were drawn to them. Fortunately he had a nice personality. I think his genetic make up was Nordic.

Not that i am saying brown eyes aren't attractive but blue can have so many color variations. :cool:

Postby galled » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:53 pm

It's all a matter of perspective! I think blue eyes are striking--and the combo with dark hair is even more so. There is a reason why most movie stars had blue eyes for decades. Personally I think green eyes would be the only thing better. ;)

I'm with Lemon, anyone who shames another human being for how they were born isn't worth reading. You have better ways to spend your time!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Dylan » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:07 pm

galled wrote:It's all a matter of perspective! I think blue eyes are striking--and the combo with dark hair is even more so. There is a reason why most movie stars had blue eyes for decades. Personally I think green eyes would be the only thing better. ;)

I'm with Lemon, anyone who shames another human being for how they were born isn't worth reading. You have better ways to spend your time!

I think people don’t like them either because they are jealous of not having them or because they’re the 2nd most common eye color.

Postby galled » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:06 pm

Perhaps, but both are silly and not worth wasting more brain cycles on IMHO.

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:36 pm

That said, chocolate brown or a light hazel eyes are beautiful as well.

Postby Gingerale » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:42 pm

I think eyes are a persons most attractive feature.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 8:50 pm

Postby galled » Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:27 am

Gingerale wrote:I think eyes are a persons most attractive feature.

Agreed! Mesmorizing! Windows to the soul as they say. :wink:

Server Administrator

Postby silverberry » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:30 am

Blue eyes with dark hair sound like a very striking combination! But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the saying goes. People can and will have different preferences and opinions on aesthetics. The most important thing is to be comfortable with your own appearance and to have fun with it. (And ofc, to not take other's preferences as an objective standard you have to work to attain.)

It's normal to feel insecure about ourselves, even if it's irrational, or even if we logically know that people don't mind it or that they even like it. But insulting ourselves over it is both counterproductive and unhealthy. Have you tried using colored shades? It could help soften the "piercing" quality, plus the shape and color could add additional interest!

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 12:50 pm

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby Dylan » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:24 am

silverberry wrote:Blue eyes with dark hair sound like a very striking combination! But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as the saying goes. People can and will have different preferences and opinions on aesthetics. The most important thing is to be comfortable with your own appearance and to have fun with it. (And ofc, to not take other's preferences as an objective standard you have to work to attain.)

It's normal to feel insecure about ourselves, even if it's irrational, or even if we logically know that people don't mind it or that they even like it. But insulting ourselves over it is both counterproductive and unhealthy. Have you tried using colored shades? It could help soften the "piercing" quality, plus the shape and color could add additional interest!

I just have to learn to accept my eye color and hair color, wearing colored shades sounds weird to me.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:37 am

Well put, Silverberry!

It is the soul that matters, a persons personality that shines through eyes.

There are many things we can do to fix our appearance if we don't like it, and a person can always NOT look in the mirror if they don't want to be reminded about what they do not like. But a person really needs to learn to love themselves & not be swayed by the going fad.

Postby (-o-) » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:55 pm

Take Reddit's words with a grain of salt. Blue is a very pretty colour and it's light enough to see the iris' little details. What may be common around you can be exotic somewhere else. But whatever other people say, what's important is how you view yourself. :cool:

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby Gingerale » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:43 am

well put (-0-) , whatever people say it is important to view yourself in a positive way and to remember that people love you & your face!

Next

Return to The Lounge