The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Am I a nice person?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Am I a nice person?

Postby Dylan » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:23 pm

This sounds vague but I sometimes feel like I’m being a weirdo. Maybe it’s because how my brai perceived my behavior or maybe because of autism. I’m overly friendly if you couldn’t tell from my posts and I hope I can make a lot of friends on here. Fun Fact: Approximately 1% of the world has autism, so I consider myself quite a special human being.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 6:13 pm

Re: Am I a nice person?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:37 pm

There are a few members on Windlyn who are also on the autism spectrum.
I think someone started a thread to talk about it. You may be special but you are not alone! :grin:

Here it is: Wingsoflove hosts the thread "Autism Awareness"
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2382

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 4:13 pm

Postby galled » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:47 pm

You seem nice.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Dylan » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:37 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:There are a few members on Windlyn who are also on the autism spectrum.
I think someone started a thread to talk about it. You may be special but you are not alone! :grin:

Here it is: Wingsoflove hosts the thread "Autism Awareness"
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2382

I didn’t mean to offend by saying I was the only special one.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:26 am

I'm sorry ... that's not what I meant. Everyone has things about them that make them special or different & some people have more struggles then others but the average person has some issue to deal with... whether emotional, physical, learning... I'm just saying we are not alone, there are others with similar struggles who have over come issues that we can learn from or be inspired by or can give support.

Postby Dylan » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:52 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:I'm sorry ... that's not what I meant. Everyone has things about them that make them special or different & some people have more struggles then others but the average person has some issue to deal with... whether emotional, physical, learning... I'm just saying we are not alone, there are others with similar struggles who have over come issues that we can learn from or be inspired by or can give support.

Well, I suck at math, so that’s one thing I probably won’t overcome anytime soon.

Postby MissAutumn » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:52 am

Hi Dylan. I'm also autistic :) I had no idea that it was 1% of the world's population!

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 11:13 pm

Postby galled » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:02 pm

I don't know if this is new or something you've done before, but what comes to mind/concerns me Dylan is that you seem to seek validation from people on the internet. It's a hazardous undertaking. I've only "known" you for a very short time, but you seem nice enough to me and there are no "red flags" that you're not who you appear to be--and that's good enough for most people to continue to interact with. And given the fact that you're polite, respectful, and empathetic makes me glad to know you because I like people with these qualities because it makes my life better. I think you'll find Winners overwhelmingly have these same qualities.

Everyone feels like a weirdo from time to time. (Who defines what's not weird?) If I may be so bold, my advice is to rest assured that when you know you're doing the right things (you seem to have been raised well), you don't need validation from others (or the internet). Of course when something happens that doesn't feel right, it's always OK to ask questions if you don't understand. This is how we all learn!

Try to relax a bit and enjoy being among friendly people. :)

Server Administrator

Postby galled » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:10 pm

MissAutumn wrote:Hi Dylan. I'm also autistic :)

I never knew that MissAutumn --and it never made any difference! I just always liked you because you're neat (interesting), smart, funny, and kind. I love that you're in a different part of the world too that I wonder about. Knowing you makes my life better! :cheer:

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:09 pm

I didn't know that either MissAutumn ! Not that it makes any difference, as Galled said I've just enjoyed interacting with you & you inspire me to look into things, to do research on stuff.

But I have appreciated wingsoflove letting us know some of the struggles people on the autism spectrum face so hopefully I can help out if I am ever in a situation to do so. Sometimes I wonder if I am on the border of OCD.

Dylan, I've never been the best at math either! But I come from a family with dyslexic issues so that could partially be why? I've tried to learn but the higher math doesn't make sense enough in my brain that I remember it. I never took calculus. But I get by to do my taxes & to calculate stuff at work etc ... and thank God for a calculator!!

Postby Dylan » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:30 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:I didn't know that either MissAutumn ! Not that it makes any difference, as Galled said I've just enjoyed interacting with you & you inspire me to look into things, to do research on stuff.

But I have appreciated wingsoflove letting us know some of the struggles people on the autism spectrum face so hopefully I can help out if I am ever in a situation to do so. Sometimes I wonder if I am on the border of OCD.

Dylan, I've never been the best at math either! But I come from a family with dyslexic issues so that could partially be why? I've tried to learn but the higher math doesn't make sense enough in my brain that I remember it. I never took calculus. But I get by to do my taxes & to calculate stuff at work etc ... and thank God for a calculator!!

Yeah, I really hated school also. I think I have dyscalculia.

Postby silverberry » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:53 pm

Agreeing with galled here. It's nothing insidious - just a slight concern. Dylan's been friendly and kind from what I've seen so far, but external validation tends to be really unstable. Relying too much on it may lead to unchecked people-pleasing behaviors and lack of setting boundaries, which can and will bring hurt at some point D:

Math can be hard. Thank the gods calculators can also do some calculus now.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 7:13 am

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:04 pm

Lmao fork maths

Most important is you love the you that are now

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 7:13 am

Return to The Lounge