The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Anyone had bad experiences with other avatar forum sites?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Anyone had bad experiences with other avatar forum sites?

Postby Dylan » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:05 pm

I’ve had multiple problems and experiences with a avatar forum site called Voltra, I’d rather not go into detail on why, but yeah, that’s basically the only website where I’ve seen the rudest people.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 11:25 pm

Re: Anyone had bad experiences with other avatar forum sites

Postby galled » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:54 am

It would be more beneficial to chat about good sites rather than bad ones, no?

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 9:25 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby silverberry » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:03 am

In any community, there's bound to be a handful of unpleasant people. And even with the kindest, most polite, friendliest portion of the community, you can still end up clashing with them for no other reason than just your personalities not vibing with each other well.

I'm sorry to hear about that experience Dx
It sure does make it hard to return to the site to find the better part of its community.

In my experience, if unpleasant people and behavior run rampant in an online space, it's usually due to weak (? - not the right word but very roughly in the same direction) moderation and/or something about the way the space is structured that makes it easy to do such unpleasantness (or even reward it). Or, at the most generous, simply makes the behavior easier to encounter or witness.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 12:25 pm

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby Dylan » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:39 am

galled wrote:It would be more beneficial to chat about good sites rather than bad ones, no?

I've had more bad experiences than good experiences on avatar forum sites unfortunately.

Postby galled » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:34 am

Focus on the positive things in life and appreciate them is the way to live.

Server Administrator

Postby galled » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:18 am

silverberry wrote:In any community, there's bound to be a handful of unpleasant people. And even with the kindest, most polite, friendliest portion of the community, you can still end up clashing with them for no other reason than just your personalities not vibing with each other well.

I'm sorry to hear about that experience Dx
It sure does make it hard to return to the site to find the better part of its community.

In my experience, if unpleasant people and behavior run rampant in an online space, it's usually due to weak (? - not the right word but very roughly in the same direction) moderation and/or something about the way the space is structured that makes it easy to do such unpleasantness (or even reward it). Or, at the most generous, simply makes the behavior easier to encounter or witness.

Agree on all points! Will add that bad behavior is like a cancer and attracts more of the like. Sure mods are tasked with keeping the tos enforced, but the community really makes the difference IMHO. Just like the police are tasked with law enforcement, but the communities differientiate good ones from sketchy ones. The bad ones are not bad just due to bad cops if that makes sense. You know/sense when you're in a good neighborhood. Windlyn has always felt safe and welcoming due to the community (and mods of course!). ;)

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:38 pm

for me, recolor.me

That site, last I was there, was nothing more than trolls.

Have to give it to them, though, I found this site through there. But that place was just toxic af.

Postby MissAutumn » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:07 am

I had some bad experiences when I was on a well known site as a teen. It was just people being rude for the sake of it. I found a nicer community from there, as people were complaining that you had to have actual conversations to earn the website's currency haha. I found Windlyn after the new community I found shut down a few years ago

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 4:25 am

Return to The Lounge