The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Act of Kindness

Moderator: Ryvvi

Act of Kindness

Postby Arc » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:20 am

I'm at work and a patient randomly came up to me to ask if I'd eaten lunch yet. I told him no and he asked if he could buy me lunch. At first I declined because I felt bad, but he insisted and gave me $20. His wife mentioned that they'd recently been blessed and have been trying to help others, and my heart is so full right now. To be honest, I've been struggling financially and haven't been packing lunches for a few days now. The fact that he did this still has me surprised and I'm so grateful. ;___;

So, I guess let's talk about acts of kindness. Anything you could share of someone doing something kind for you, or you for someone else?

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 7:19 am

Re: Act of Kindness

Postby Gingerale » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:52 am

I love that!
Random acts of kindness are such a blessing to the giver & the receiver.
I've been unexpectedly blessed by people before, who don't want anything in return. So I try to "pay it forward" and when I can, help others out in return.

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 4:19 am

Postby galled » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:12 am

Wow! Your story and the idea of this thread made my day, Arc!

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 5:19 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Arc » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:01 am

Gingerale wrote:I love that!
Random acts of kindness are such a blessing to the giver & the receiver.
I've been unexpectedly blessed by people before, who don't want anything in return. So I try to "pay it forward" and when I can, help others out in return.

That's very sweet of you. :3 You've helped me out a few times on here, too, and I really appreciate it a lot!

galled wrote:Wow! Your story and the idea of this thread made my day, Arc!

Yay, I'm glad. ^^

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:42 am

The gif in your signature is perfect for this thread ... it's like she's saying "I'm going to bless you". :cheer:

When I was going to college I really struggled financially. One week I only had enough money to put my clothes in the washer but not the dryer ( food & lodging was already prepaid) so I was walking to the laundry room praying I'd be able to get money for the dryer, (which meant I would've had to hang dry the clothes if I didn't), but no one was around to ask to borrow money from & as I walked I happened to find the exact amount for the dryer on the ground! That has always stood as a reminder to me that if we ask God provides for us when we need it.

Postby Arc » Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:28 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:The gif in your signature is perfect for this thread ... it's like she's saying "I'm going to bless you". :cheer:

When I was going to college I really struggled financially. One week I only had enough money to put my clothes in the washer but not the dryer ( food & lodging was already prepaid) so I was walking to the laundry room praying I'd be able to get money for the dryer, (which meant I would've had to hang dry the clothes if I didn't), but no one was around to ask to borrow money from & as I walked I happened to find the exact amount for the dryer on the ground! That has always stood as a reminder to me that if we ask God provides for us when we need it.

Aww, that's a cute way of looking at it. :3

And wow, that's so convenient! I can only imagine the sense of relief you felt when you found the money on the ground! ^^

Postby Gingerale » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:09 pm

When I'm serving a customer I try to think about how I would like to be treated & try to show that kindness to them.

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 4:19 am

Postby Arc » Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:53 am

That's a good mindset to have. :3

I think the world would be a better place if everyone had that type of mindset.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:16 pm

Courtesy is so important, but it is often forgotten....I think it can be contagious though!

Return to The Lounge