The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Hey everyone

Moderator: Ryvvi

Hey everyone

Postby Dylan » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:01 pm

I’m just posting here again this October because I just want to let everyone know that this account is still active, sorry if I haven’t replied to some replies in my last post. Just fun to go on here every once in a while, also I see that this website now has 1550 members so that’s pretty awesome!

P.S - I promise to reply to all the replies on this post.

-- Dylan :-D

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 6:44 pm

Re: Hey everyone

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:21 pm

Welcome back!
Hope positive things are happening in your life.
Did you get to see any of the solar eclipse on Saturday?
Decorating for Halloween at all?

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 4:44 pm

Postby Dylan » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:13 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Welcome back!
Hope positive things are happening in your life.
Did you get to see any of the solar eclipse on Saturday?
Decorating for Halloween at all?

Hey Lemmie, thank you for the kind words. I didn’t get to see the eclipse and didn’t even know one happened. My house is all decked out for Halloween this year :)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:55 am

Fun!
Npixelz is decorating as well.
We don't get treaters our way so no point in decorating outside.
Do you use light up or sound activated props at all for your Halloween decorations?

Postby Dylan » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:01 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Fun!
Npixelz is decorating as well.
We don't get treaters our way so no point in decorating outside.
Do you use light up or sound activated props at all for your Halloween decorations?

Not really, we do have a fake spider hanging from our tree outside though >:)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:26 pm

we get to decorate a bit at work so that is fun.

There are some places in the community that decorate haunted houses for people to go through. Do you go to any of those kind of events?

Postby Dylan » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:27 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:we get to decorate a bit at work so that is fun.

There are some places in the community that decorate haunted houses for people to go through. Do you go to any of those kind of events?

I don’t go to those kind of events, but I did go to a pumpkin patch one time, but that was in 2008.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:30 pm

I am actually not a haunted or scary house kind of person ... too creepy for me in the dark! I do appreciate the work that goes into putting it all together though! and I like the orange & purple lights for Halloween that people put out.

I have to say I am more the Christmas holiday decorating type of person or even winter decorating with snowflakes etc.

Do you like decorating at all?

I don't recall how old I was but one year we grew our own pumpkin patch. Didn't find the Great Pumpkin though. :wink:

Postby Dylan » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:20 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:I am actually not a haunted or scary house kind of person ... too creepy for me in the dark! I do appreciate the work that goes into putting it all together though! and I like the orange & purple lights for Halloween that people put out.

I have to say I am more the Christmas holiday decorating type of person or even winter decorating with snowflakes etc.

Do you like decorating at all?

I don't recall how old I was but one year we grew our own pumpkin patch. Didn't find the Great Pumpkin though. :wink:

I appreciate the work that goes into it too :)

I am more of a fan of Summer for some reason lol

I like decorating for Christmas and Halloween, but that's pretty much all though.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:32 pm

Every season has its pro's but autumn is probably one of my favorite season's. Where we live Autumn is more like summer should be anyway.

Do you have special traditions for Halloween or Christmas?

Postby Dylan » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:57 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Every season has its pro's but autumn is probably one of my favorite season's. Where we live Autumn is more like summer should be anyway.

Do you have special traditions for Halloween or Christmas?

We don't really have any special traditions for Halloween, but for Christmas, we have turkey on Christmas Day and we also usually put an angel or this Polish decoration on top of the tree. Yes, I do have some Polish ancestry :D

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:14 pm

Nice you keep with some family heritage traditions, Dylan. Does your family share the history of the decorations so that everyone remembers?

I have a mix of cultures going on in my family, so it is fun to find out different traditions & once in awhile honor them.

So much pumpkin & apple food products in the store now... makes me want to try them all!
Do you have a favorite?

Return to The Lounge