The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

RIP Akira Toriyama

Moderator: Ryvvi

RIP Akira Toriyama

Postby R4ptr0jo » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:18 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, on March 8th, we were given news that the creator of Dragon ball series, Akira Toriyama, died on March 1st. https://twitter.com/DB_official_en/status/1765935471971213816

Please pay respect here, for all the good he made for our childhood.

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 12:21 am

The Stairway To Heaven is never pure.

Re: RIP Akira Toriyama

Postby Osha » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:26 am

Condolences

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 7:21 pm

Postby R4ptr0jo » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:14 am

It's not much, but i made this using Walfas.
Godspeed, Toriyama

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 12:21 am

Postby Arc » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:22 pm

Last night, my friends and I went to an anime dance party that featured the local anime DJ and a band that plays English covers of anime songs. The crowd was so hyped when the band played a song from DBZ, and after the song ended the singer paused for a bit because someone pulled him to the side. They told him that news of Akira's death had just dropped and when the singer announced it to the crowd we were all in shock. Like, collectively gasping, groaning, and just in disbelief. In that moment I could feel the pain of everyone's crushed childhoods lol. The singer ended up dedicating the DBZ performance and the rest of the party to Akira. It was sad to find out about the news right after we just got done jamming to DBZ, but I guess there was comfort in all of us finding out together and the party continued with the band putting on a great show in his honor. I teared up a bit when I got home last night and I've felt so sad today.

RIP, Toriyama. :L_Wing: :R_Wing:

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 10:21 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:59 pm

That must have been a shock Arc, but seems like a very nice tribute & celebration for his legacy.

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 8:21 pm

Postby Arc » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:20 pm

Yeah, it was very shocking. Being at a party jamming and reminiscing on all the old anime and songs of our childhoods, only to find out that the man who basically introduced us all to anime at that point in our lives had passed away.... Just... bad timing. ;-; </3

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 10:21 pm

Postby silverberry » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:26 pm

Rest in peace to one of the kings of manga, shounen, JRPG, and quirky sci-fi tech designs ;_;

What a legacy to leave behind! Dragon Ball was one of the first shounens I got into. It defined the childhood of many people who weren't even very into anime, and inspired a lot of my old peers to start drawing. Dragon Quest got me into playing JRPGs, and though I never played Chrono Trigger, I've seen how influential that game is.

Without Toriyama we wouldn't have the Big Three of anime and manga, or the hadouken, or Breath of Fire, or the iconic Slime monster. Even when he's gone, he'll be fondly remembered through how his creations inspired others.

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 11:21 am

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Return to The Lounge