The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Favorite things to do or food to eat when sick?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Favorite things to do or food to eat when sick?

Postby TheFellowsheep » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:14 am

Just curious what other's go tos are? I like making myself some miso insta ramen and watch shows between sleeping.

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 11:33 am

Re: Favorite things to do or food to eat when sick?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:34 am

When I am very sick I only want to sleep, and I drink broth...miso is soothing for the stomach.

Hope you are not sick at the moment, Lilly!

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 12:33 pm

Postby galled » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:23 am

Chicken soup (aka Jewish penicillin)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby TheFellowsheep » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:11 am

Mmm, chicken noodle soup is real good too. I have some spicy chicken I made last night, so if I don't feel up to a taco, maybe I'll do a chicken and rice soup today.

And I did get sick. One week working with kids and I caught a cold. Sigh, it's fine, haha. I'm almost over it, just gotta sleep most of today away too.

Postby galled » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:18 am

Glad you're feeling better. If you don't already, never touch your face without washing your hands first. Also keep your zinc levels up. It takes a bit of an adjustment, but it's how you to avoid catching bugs.

Should probably be taught to the kids at those ages as well. That and all toys and surfaces at the day care should be wiped down regularly. I do understand that kids need to be exposed to germs to build their immune systems, but it's unlikely that these steps will completely eliminate any exposure (i.e. sterile enivironment).

Server Administrator

Postby TheFellowsheep » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:31 am

Thanks for the tips! I've been pretty good at not touching my face, actually had to get some hand cream to keep at work, but didn't think of zinc. I'll have to look into getting a supplement for that. And yep, we've been having chats about washing hands = no sick = keep coming to school to learn and play. That's been one on one, so I'll see if we can work it into this week's curriculum during a circle time once I'm cleared. :)

I'm not sure if they wipe the toys down regularly, they certainly spray them with disinfectant everyday, but I am also gonna be the main one cleaning up at the end of the day so I'll work that in just in case.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:57 pm

Working with kids always increases germs but should build up your immune system pretty quickly!

good advice at not touching the face. A difficult one, but one reason masks were good because it made you think before touching your mouth or nose. :wink:

I think for kids they say have them say the alphabet when they are washing their hands so they can practice their alphabet song & also wash their hands for long enough.

NHK has a cute handwashing advertisement.

Postby kissakei » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:53 pm

Anything with soup is good, but eating is like out of the options when i'm sick. I'd rather be a potato

Postby MadEyeSon » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:57 pm

Beef soup with lotsa veges

Postby silverberry » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:04 am

Rice congee is a main stay for sick days, as well as beef bone broth noodles and creamy chicken soup.

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 3:33 am

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby TheFellowsheep » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:02 pm

ohh, haven't had a beef stew with veggies in ages. I should make some when we get one of our last cold spikes.

Return to The Lounge