The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Food

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Food

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:44 pm

hmmm, I like crackers in soup but soup is hot. I wouldn't put crackers in cold soup and I wouldn't put it in milk (although I have never tried them in milk....)Both do get mushy but the tastes are different. I also like to dip bread in hot soup. I am not a cereal fan unless the cereal is crunchy in the milk. Once it gets mushy I want to throw it out. However, I do like the crackers mushy in soup - especially cream of tomato soup. So not sure Mousy. I guess the texture is very similar but the taste sure isn't. Don't know if that will help you with a debate though!

Local time: Thu May 30, 2024 6:00 am

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:10 am

Well it depends on how fast you eat your soup it can still be crunchy and you only put a little bit of cracker in soup. Where as with cereal with milk the whole cereal is submerged and it takes forever to get to the bottom so that it's mush by then.

Local time: Thu May 30, 2024 8:00 am

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:04 pm

if i have cereal and milk I only make a small bowl with very little milk so there isn't time for the cereal to get mushy. I don't like oatmeal. Only like some types of crackers in soup, not sure if all countries have the same kind of crackers - like does everyone have RitZ?

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Ritz crackers are so good even on their own. I like them or Saltines in my soups. XD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:43 pm

mmm yes! They are good on their own. Now they have different flavored RITZ but I am still partial to the originals. I like saltines in my chicken noodle soup.

Postby Ryvvi » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:51 pm

i dont like soup.. >.>
<.<
idk like i feel a food should be solid D<

Local time: Fri May 31, 2024 12:00 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:05 pm

I grew up on homemade soup, not a big fan on canned soup but I eat it. I have TMJ problems so soup is much easier to eat sometimes than say sandwiches.

Postby Ryvvi » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:31 pm

TMJ?

Local time: Fri May 31, 2024 12:00 am

Postby Mousy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:37 pm

I LOOOOOVE soup. I told my husband that it was completely different bc soup already has some mushy components to it. like noodles and most vegetables are generally softer in soup. So the texture of mushy crackers blends in with the soup. but cereal has no excuse in milk. >.>

Also, I had this dr growing up that was just dead set on the fact that my sister and I had TMJ and asthma. I don't think either one of us has TMJ. That was just her go to diagnosis. :roll: It got to the point where I didn't even want to go to the dr cuz I knew what she would say. "oh you have back pain? must be your tmj. Allergies? totes TMJ related. You have a cough? asthma." it was so frustrating.

Local time: Thu May 30, 2024 7:00 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:51 pm

temporal mandibular joint (re: jaw) - if I eat anything too chewy or hard foods then my muscles by my temple tighten and sometimes my jaw "pops" making it difficult to chew and sometimes I can't open my mouth very wide. As a result I try not to chew gum or raw coconut and have to be careful what I eat or how much I eat of certain types of food.

Mousy: I do think Drs sometimes diagnose TMJ and asthma problems too quickly. If you clench your teeth (like I do) it can cause problems with the muscles in your head and neck and problems with the neck can ultimately affect your back. TMJ is manageable by watching what you eat, how wide you open your mouth and trying not to clench. Sometimes it is because of the alignment of your teeth. There are steps to take that can be taken rather then automatically trying to medicate people. Drs can be very frustrating, and as I have to to realize they are just humans for the most part taking their best guess.

Postby Mousy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Lemon Cheesecake- That would make sense because my sister and I both had overbites. That would be a pretty easy diagnosis to make if she were just basing it on how our teeth were aligned. XD That dr was crazy though. I was really glad when I outgrew her and got someone else. It felt like she wouldn't take anything I had to say seriously and just wrote it all off as one of those 2 things. blegh. That being said though, I could NEVER be a doctor. Just thinking about that much pressure. :shock:

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:28 pm

My sister got TMJ when she had her Tonsils removed. They stretched her mouth so wide that she ended up getting it.

Postby Xiao-Xing » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:52 pm

On the subject of food, my friend and her family took me to Outback Steakhouse today. I had crab and steak. The best meal I've had in months.

Local time: Thu May 30, 2024 5:00 am

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:54 pm

I have never been there despite having one somewhat close to me. XD

Postby Mousy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Mmmmm Outback....
Did you get the bloomin' onion?

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge