The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Food

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Food

Postby Mousy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:13 pm

just the normal, easy peasy chocolate. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips. I didn't put any extras in because it was my first time making it, but next time I want to add pretzels!

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 10:19 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:47 pm

never heard of pretzels in fudge...have had chocolate covered pretzels

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 9:19 am

Postby Mousy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:32 pm

mmmm chocolate covered pretzels!
I've seen some fudge with cherries in it, so i'm interested in that too. I may not make more for a while though. I gotta wait for this sugar rush to die down. XD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:45 pm

I love fudge! Maple walnut is one of my favorites but I love the praline fudge, tiger fudge, raspberry swirl fudge, caramel turtle fudge....so many different kinds.... I love the simple brown sugar fudge too. I need to get the family recipe and try it again. Haven't made it for a long time.we'd make it and put it in a pot in the snow to cool, yum!

Postby Ka Lai » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:25 pm

Yesterday I had the nicest iced cinnamon chocolate. I had never tried it before, so I wasn't sure if I should branch out from my ordinary iced chocolate. But the cinnamon really gave an added punch. owo

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 3:19 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:06 pm

mmm that does sound delicious

Postby Sheep » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Yesterday I worked, so that meant free food, because I work at a restaurant. The only thing better than normal food...is free food.
It was slow and boring the whole day, so I ate too much. A cup of ice cream, and a bar of chocolate, and THEN I had a beef sandwich and fries.
And on that note: Do not leave chocolate around me. I will eat it. No matter what. this talk of chocolate is making me crave it.

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:54 pm

I agree, do not leave a box of chocolates around me because I can not resist...I have to eat them all just to get rid of the temptation! Resistance is futile....

Postby Sheep » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Even if it's terrible chocolate (the stuff that like, comes in those cheap boxes you can buy people at Christmas and Valentine's Day with the weird fillings, y'know? ) and I know I'll hate it, I'll still try and eat it! I just...love chocolate...and mostly anything with chocolate...

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:53 pm

I use to be like that but some of that chocolate tastes so old that I am able to resist... meaning if I put it in my mouth and it tastes bad i will spit it out - don't need the extra calories for something that doesn't taste good. Give me a good box or bag - like peanut butter cups for instance, and I have a difficult time resisting....

Postby Mousy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:58 pm

I have this same problem! I KNOW i'm not going to like that cheapy V-day box of chocolates from walmart, but I eat it anyway. Unless it's coconut. I can resist all coconut. Worst texture ever. :evil:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:01 pm

I have to say I do the like the coconut, like almond joys or mounds and I like the coconut M&M's

Postby Mousy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:26 pm

It is just one of those things.. I guess I go into it expecting coconut to be smooth like everything else, but then it's crunchy and :evil:
I can't eat raw onion either for the same reason. I really like onion, but dat texture.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:32 pm

hmmm...smooth like the paste, now that would make mounds really tasty...maybe someone should have them market them without the shredded coconut pieces. Wonder what they'd call them?

Postby Vivi » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:07 pm

I'm usually open to all kinds of food. There's a local place that has the spiciest spicy chicken sandwich I've ever had.

Sure I am. What's your point?

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge