The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

tell us about the country you live in...

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: tell us about the country you live in...

Postby Justin » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:25 am

What Sanchi is something wrong?

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 2:21 pm

Postby galled » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:25 pm

Sanchi? As in India?

Yeah, hot vs cold, it's probably a case of the grass being greener, but very high humidity sucks regardless of the temperature. :/

Server Administrator

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 3:21 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:40 am

It's wildly windy with rain today...guess that will help with keeping people inside and adhere to the social distancing rule...although maybe now is the time to try and purchase the elusive toilet paper. :wink:

Postby Polaris » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:19 pm

It's currently hurricane and wild-fire season here, though due to climate change they've been getting worse and worse each year. I don't live in these parts of the country, rather on the opposite coast of where the wildfires are happening.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 6:21 pm

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Gingerale » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:26 pm

Almost Autumn and the weather is starting to change.

Hurricanes season is scary and wildfires are made worse by people starting them in dry areas.

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:11 am

i live in a texting capital in the world..if thats even correct term :scream: :cool:

Postby Polaris » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:49 am

I'm excited for the autumn weather! I haven't been home for the autumn season in so long (usually left for uni at the end of august/beginning of september), ahhh how I've missed watching the leaves change all sorts of colors

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:13 pm

i hate blackouts and even short power interruption..but what can i do?

Postby galled » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:02 pm

I have a ups for my wifi and modem and an external usb battery for my phone. And a couple of harbor freight lanterns, but if cell and internet go down too I'm a goner... :(

Server Administrator

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:07 am

where covid doesn't matter if there is a half bodied woman flying on the roof with wings...where everybody goes out of their haouse to chase is like crazy.. true or not as long a ghost story everyone wants to join the talk.

Postby Polaris » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:45 pm

Ohh speaking of flying half-bodied flying vampire women, my friend's grandmother told us a story once of how she was nearly attacked by a manananggal* when she was pregnant with my friend's dad.

*In Philippine mythos & lore, the manananggal (pronounced: mah-nah-nahng-gahl) is a vampire-like creature that is able to detach its upper body (torso and up) from the lower body to fly off into the night and feed on the vulnerable -- its preference is typically geared towards pregnant women, young children, and infants. Typically, manananggal take the form of a woman (either an old crone or a beautiful lady) that transforms into the bloodsucking creature at night. These aren't popular around the entire country, but rather in the middle region (particularly in Capiz and Antique).

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:35 am

Everyone almost loves horror stories :heart: if not kpop :heart: :heart: :smile: :smile: :cheer:

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:47 am

Everyone almost loves horror stories :heart: if not kpop :heart: :heart: :smile: :smile: :cheer:
Polaris wrote:Ohh speaking of flying half-bodied flying vampire women, my friend's grandmother told us a story once of how she was nearly attacked by a manananggal* when she was pregnant with my friend's dad.

*In Philippine mythos & lore, the manananggal (pronounced: mah-nah-nahng-gahl) is a vampire-like creature that is able to detach its upper body (torso and up) from the lower body to fly off into the night and feed on the vulnerable -- its preference is typically geared towards pregnant women, young children, and infants. Typically, manananggal take the form of a woman (either an old crone or a beautiful lady) that transforms into the bloodsucking creature at night. These aren't popular around the entire country, but rather in the middle region (particularly in Capiz and Antique).

Let me tell you.. when i was very very young(my parents told me yhis story) i live in a remote area where travelling with any vehicle is difficult and even public transportation services are open only starting at 5am-5pm.my parents said they were visited by an old woman ( not really an acquaintance ..that woman rumored to be a witch) she visit at 2 am. And this woman lived very far away would almost take a day travel.. they were surprised how she was able to get at our house.. :scream:

Postby MissAutumn » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:17 am

Oooh so many spooks.

Where I live, it's just turning autumn but the past week has been gloriously warm. But you can feel a slight chill in the air. I can't wait for the leaves to change colour, wear cosy clothes and enjoy some lovely coffee after a walk in the woods. I'm excited for my wedding in a few weeks. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 10:21 pm

Postby Polaris » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:09 am

MissAutumn wrote:Oooh so many spooks.

Where I live, it's just turning autumn but the past week has been gloriously warm. But you can feel a slight chill in the air. I can't wait for the leaves to change colour, wear cosy clothes and enjoy some lovely coffee after a walk in the woods. I'm excited for my wedding in a few weeks. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Oooh congratulations on your upcoming wedding, Autumn!! I wish you and your spouse-to-be all the best and hope that y'all will have an amazing wedding! Are you planning for it to be an outdoor wedding, indoor wedding, or a mix of both?

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge