The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

tell us about the country you live in...

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: tell us about the country you live in...

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:02 pm

MissAutumn wrote:Oooh so many spooks.

Where I live, it's just turning autumn but the past week has been gloriously warm. But you can feel a slight chill in the air. I can't wait for the leaves to change colour, wear cosy clothes and enjoy some lovely coffee after a walk in the woods. I'm excited for my wedding in a few weeks. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Congratulations miss autumn :heart: :heart: :heart:

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:16 pm

Wedding count down! So exciting! Hope they open things up enough for you to celebrate, MissAutumn! Everything ready?

Hot today but it will start to do the fall thing mid-October...just not very many leaves change color!

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:16 am

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:44 pm

Where beaches are pretty ....but couldn't visit one

Postby MissAutumn » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:33 pm

With just over a week to go we had to cancel our wedding reception as the area I live in has gone into lockdown... Literally got the news as we were finalising every thing.

The marriage is still going ahead, guests from outside the area can attend the ceremony but not go to the reception afterwards. Because our venue was in another lockdown county even myself and my fiancé couldn't go anyway.

I'm surprised how many people are still coming from quite far to attend a 30 min ceremony. It's heart warming that so many care about it. We're planning a blessing ceremony next year and the hotel has let us move the reception to next year. Hopefully everything is better next year.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:16 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:48 pm

Oh No MissAutumn! Things are starting to open up here more and small intimate weddings are being allowed...I was hoping yours were going to be able to go through. Nice of the hotel to honor the reservation for next year.

I did not realize it was so soon, I was thinking nearer Halloween. At least not everything had to be cancelled. You must be very special if people are willing to travel to come to the ceremony!

Can you do like finger foods after the ceremony so you can visit with your guests & take pictures?

I've seen where people set up sanitation tables with hand sanitizer & masks, wipes for their guests. It can all be done in a helpful but fun way!

Postby galled » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:20 am

So sorry to hear the plans got knackered, but it is heartwarming for the love everyone is showing for you guys! <3

On the brite side, think of the stories you'll be able to tell your kids and grand kids!!

I'm sure everything will be perfect in the end--stay focused on the important bits! Love conquers all! :hug:

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MissAutumn » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:30 am

Lemon Cheesecake They did start easing restrictions, but now they're able to do more tests obviously the more positive results have gone up so the Welsh government is locking my county down tonight.

Unfortunately, we're not allowed to offer refreshments in the church. Has been like that since they re-opened a few months ago. We're still doing pictures at least.

galled I was surprised as we called everyone saying that we'd understand if the trip is a bit far for just a ceremony. All said they wanted to come. :heart:

On the bright side I can wear my wedding dress twice if we're allowed the wedding part 2 next year.

It's been a stressful couple of months. We had to find a new reception venue after the old one decided not to host functions anymore. We were on the final stages of having the day planned out the day before the announcement. None of us were expecting a regional lockdown considering North Wales has a lower infection rate compared to South Wales.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:24 pm

I'm all for wearing the wedding dress as much as possible!

And I agree...it's about the moment you both make a heartfelt commitment to each other...so enjoy that moment!

Someone just let me know they are inviting us to a face book wedding which will be interesting to see how that is done.

Are you still going to have a bouquet? I love any excuse for flowers! Make a list of what your want pictures of and put someone in charge of it and post some of what you feel comfortable with showing (like a pic of the dress & flowers :wink: ).

If we don't see you on before the big day then enjoy your day and celebrate every moment of it! All the best! :heart:

Postby MissAutumn » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:46 pm

It's a really nice dress. I'm happy I can wear it more. :3

We chose this year and month because around 10 years ago, we met at a university society night out in our first week there. Our first date was around 8 years ago. I feel old lol.

That sounds interesting. Guessing it's a livesteam of an unofficial wedding?

Of course! I'm even having flowers in my hair. :heart: I'm making up my own bouquet the day before. I'm hoping that I can still get hold of sunflowers.

Thanks, Lemon. :heart:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:56 pm

I'm so excited for you Miss(Mrs)Autumn! I will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts and prayers your way for a memorable and lovely day!

Postby Archangel » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:24 pm

I live in London, UK. I've lived in quite a few places in England over the years, but moved there in January this year! (What a stupid time to move though :strain: )

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:50 pm

In hindsight there are probably quite a few people thinking like that...who was to know that the world was going to shut down??

I watch BBC shows and am always amazed how much countryside there actually is in the UK. For an island that has existed for centuries you would think that most of it would be built up by now. I am also intrigued with the buried history that archaeologist have been discovering. One day I would like to go visit the UK. My Grandfather was born in England so I am not that far off, just a couple generations.

Postby Vaughn Creighton » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:48 am

full of blackout

Postby Polaris » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:50 pm

I'm so glad I made the call to reschedule my flight back to uni since Europe's going through its 2nd wave of the coronavirus! The city my uni is in is currently the UK's newest coronavirus hotspot and they've got some really, really strict social distancing guidelines up right now (no household mixing, socializing in public places are discouraged, etc) BUT the UK has yet to actually mandate mask wearing.

Meanwhile here at home, it's been raining all day today and will keep on raining til tomorrow evening thanks to Hurricane Delta (now Tropical Storm/Depression Delta?) making its last rounds on the East Coast and soaking up my whole state.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:16 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Is your uni in Wales, Polaris? Sounds like the restrictions my county has right now. If I wasn't doing an online degree I would have deferred entry this year.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge