The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Moderator: Ryvvi

Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Postby Mousy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:07 am

I don't know about you guys, but I dream (and remember my dreams.) A lot. Like every night a lot. Some of my friends have taken to referring to them as crack dreams because they are often extremely weird.

I feel like dreams can really tell us a lot! For example, I almost always have a pms dream the night before the dreaded time begins. Which is really useful because I don't keep track of that junk. XD Another time a dream was really useful to me was when I was in college. Sometimes I experience sleep paralysis. It's like my mind is wide awake, but my body isn't. Usually, when this happens, I flip out. I'm absolutely terrified because I'm fully aware, but I can't even open my mouth to scream. I'll float in and out of dreamland and nightmares generally accompany these occasions. Anyway, one night I had a dream that I was in my dorm bed asleep, but I was also at the foot of my bed looking down at me. I woke up in my dream and saw myself. The me at the foot of my bed started speaking. She said "You are about to have sleep paralysis. It's okay and you're going to be fine. You don't have to panic." She vanished and sure enough I did experience it. However, I didn't panic that time because I had been warned. ^_^

I really enjoy looking up or discussing the possible meaning behind different dreams. Some dreams are really easy to figure out like the one mentioned above and some are much more complicated. I figure we could use a place for dream meanings and dream discussions. ^_^

**Disclaimer** I do not claim to be able to interpret your dreams. What I usually do is look at how I feel during the dream, what's going on in life, and the symbolism behind main themes in the dream.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:08 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Re: Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Postby Mousy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:08 am

I'll start us off with my dream from last night (it's a tame one this time)~
The Dream-
I was outside and it was night. I looked into the sky and saw 3 moons. They were all full, but one had a red ring inside of it, one I knew was our moon, and one was one of Jupiter's moons. Jupiter's moon was faded, but I could still see it. I remember being SO excited that I could see that moon because it was Jupiter's and not ours. Our moon didn't really make me feel any which way. It was normal. The moon with the red ring freaked me out. I felt like it was a really bad sign, but when I tried to tell others about it, they just sort of shrugged it off. It wasn't as big of a deal to them as it was to me.

The Interpretation-
Moons represent SO MANY THINGS AHMG. ahem. There are so many that I'm not even going to list them. I'm going to take a stab at what this might represent in my life. Let's start with the red ringed moon~ No one but me thought that this was a big deal. I often worry about things that turn out to be no big deal or things that no one else seems to be bothered by. I feel like this was just a dreamland manifestation of that. The faded Jupiter moon~ I've had an extremely difficult year, but on this side of January, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Things are looking up. I still have a long way to go, but I can see my destination. Or maybe it represents something fading away from me, but I'm not so sure about that one given how excited I was in the dream.

Postby sheaheart » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:45 am

I normally have sleep paralysis, and I usually panic or just try to sleep again. LOL
About the meaning of dreams tho, my friend said that some dreams don't really have a deep meaning. Some dreams just means that it is something you really want the most or the thing you fear might happen. c:

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:08 am

Letter Number Game

Collection Quest: here

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:20 am

Man Mousy that is some intense dreams you have! I had two dreams in which my ex friend from irl was either trying to kill me herself or she left me to zombies. The first one I will put first and the second after.

[+] SPOILER
I was walking through a High School on my way to compete in a sporting event with these girls I knew irl. It was a pretty ritzy place they had multiple tennis courts, pools and their own private beach for Surfing Competitions to boot. I was confused as all hell because none of us ever competed in sports before and I particularly suck at them! As we walked towards the arena it became more like a house and objects started moving. Nobody noticed it but me but a table would lift up on it's own. Lights would flicker and it just had that dark scary haunted house feel to it. We walk through another door outside and a cop car started coming towards us. Apparently we weren't competing but there to steal the school mascot so we didn't want to be caught. We were back towards the front of the school and there was no way out except over a fence. So I helped the girls over the fence but when I thought they would help me up since I helped them. However they bolted and left me for the cop. The cop gets out and she is some crazy Zombie lady(not ZB had it before I came to Windlyn) who starts to come at me. I'm freaking out because I just got ditched by those I thought were friends and now I'm going to be killed. All of a sudden I hear, "Nobody hurts my friend!" I have no idea who said it but I look around for a bit. I spot Turtle Sensei charging out of nowhere with another person and they attack the zombie. Once the zombie was down Turtle took me and we ran off to safety!

I have no idea what it even means other then my ex irl crew is still bothering me though it's been months since I split from them. XD

[+] SPOILER
I had one in which I was at home and talking with my family. I get a letter in the mail from my ex best friend saying she wants to talk four months after I ended our friendship. I ignore the letter as I'm reading it and she shows up to my house. She demands she needs to talk to me and I say fine but outside. We go outside and it's now a lake area(I live in the Suburbs) and she starts telling me things that I can't remember. As we are walking she tries to push me off a dock and I dodge her so she goes in. She growls angrily at me and then she turns into a mermaid. She tries to come at me again spouting that the human race is doomed. I say nice try we are blocking you guys in. So I run into the house and my sister and brother in law go you want to see the built wall. I look outside my sisters window and it's a bunch of suitcases piled up and people who were trapped. The Mermaids got to the people and the whole seen looked like Barbie dolls and Ken dolls falling over. I mean actual dolls and stuff. I woke up after that and just facepalmed myself.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:08 pm

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Zombie Bunny » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:26 pm

OKKKAAY
I have so many weird dreams its not even funny
This one girl with pink hair and floaty robot legs follows me around in my dreams. She's funny, always emphasizes that she is NOT a robot. Her voice is kind of like it's a bunch of different people's spliced together to make sentences.
I drew a picture of her at one point here vv
[+] SPOILER

I have lots of dreams very close to this one.
[+] SPOILER
So there's this building, it's like a mansion or something. There are chickens everywhere for some reason. The girl with pink hair and these weird robot legs was sitting on the ground in front of the door knocking on it and saying something about the lady's chickens being lonely. The chickens all decide to follow her in a straight line and she walks to a giant fishbowl. The chickens all proceed to jump into said fishbowl and turn into weasels of some kind. The girl goes back to the mansion and knocks on the door again. A man in a suit opens the door, his face is like, scribbled on and he speaks in a very low tone gibberish. The girl sits on the ground and screams until he shuts the door then runs back to the fishbowl, all of the weasels are gone and a giant golem sits in it and and island has appeared in the fishbowl. That's when I woke up.

Sanchi says this one sounded like an animal crossing fan fiction
[+] SPOILER
There's a little town of people who never leave their homes. There's a well in the center of the town. The only one who ever leaves is the mayor/sheriff lady who goes to knock on the door every night three times. If the person behind the door knocks back three times, she moves along. Up into the last house they all do, then the person behind that door does nothing. The lady knocks again but she still gets no answer, she uses her skeleton key to open the house up and walks inside, looking for a dead body because the only time people don't knock back is if they have died. She doesn't find a body, locks the door back up and goes back to her own house. The next morning, the lady hears dripping coming from her front window. she goes to see what it is, and looks out the window, a trail of water from the well leads to all of the house's front windows. Except for the house that didn't knock back to her. That house didn't have a front window. That's where I woke up.

This one's just weird
[+] SPOILER
There's a lake with flower petals covering it, and a bunch of people like to play on it, they can stand above the water on the petals. There's a bed floating in the direct center of the lake, with some kids with blue skin sitting on it and looking around at the people. They always sit there because a house used to be where this lake was, and they miss the house. Some little boy decides to go talk to them because he was curious. When he looks at them, they all just stare, then he tries to talk to them and he starts to sink through the petals. He looks away from them just as he goes through the surface of the petals, and he can't get back up through the petals. No one else on the lake seems to notice or care except for the blue kids on the bed. They just stare. a few minutes after this happens, a dresser floats up from the bottom of the lake, and the kid who drowned climbs up and sits on the bed with them, his skin is blue too now and he looks around at the people on the lake like the other blue kids. One little girl notices and screams, then runs off of the lake. she finds a skyscraper like building, which is changing it's shape to look like animals, plants and things. That's when I woke up

These are just a few interesting ones I've had.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:08 pm

Image Image Image

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:39 pm

What is with everyone and weird dreams lately!

Postby Bassy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:22 pm

One of my early dream that I can remember was I was in the setting of Jimmy Neutron when he went back in time to the dinosaurs. But in my dream, I was in a roller coaster that is really short and it was to hit into a diamond (like the dinosaur did in the episode) but the roller coaster was going to fast and when it when around the corner, I flew out with Carl Wheezer and we tried to hang on a cliff but we ended climbing like spiderman on Tyrone Bridge (an old train bridge over the Kentucky river where I live).

It was so weird.....

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Juneberry » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:17 am

Yesterday night I had a dream within a dream, but when I got out of the dream within, I had to make a call to my case manager. Yesterday, he called around 3PM to remind me I had an appointment he was taking me to! I began to wonder, "was that dream my mind trying to tell me 'dumbo you forgot something call him'? o.o;

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:08 pm

Postby galled » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:44 pm

Could be. Really cool that your subconscious can keep your on schedule. Sleep has the opposite effect on me! :)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Juneberry » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:25 am

Sleep for me is unscheduled naturally: I have no sleep schedule and I have no life otherwise anyway, so it doesn't help xD I woke up from a nightmare today though. My body was nice on the one hand in getting me up before noon but.... Why a nightmare ;-;

I don't remember much but I think there was a weird cardboard box creature. Or something about boxes....xD

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:08 pm

Postby I Shall Engrave » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:38 am

I had a dream involving Bryan Cranston, a wheelbarrow, and a lot of hot sauce. I am very ashamed.

I decided to start recording my dreams at one point but then I realized I'd die of embarrassment if anyone discovered my dream journal. There are some dreams that I'm taking to the grave.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:08 pm

Postby murmurlade » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:12 am

ISE..... I relate to you.. so hard....
This meme is me. I dream alot about escalators.
Usually it has something to do with gravity, too. On one occasion, I was in a mall/theme park sort of place, riding the escalator. It was really long and steep. Suddenly the escalator starts changing and it turns from like a 45° to 90°, but the reason why we haven't fallen off is because the steps changed too and it was like an open escalator thing, except we had very little space to step on and a bit of wind was enough to push you out. We kept going higher and higher, picking up speed until suddenly I got launched through a tube into another part of the theme park. Creepy escalator attraction, I guess.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:08 am

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Mousy » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:56 pm

My husband and I both had dreams about his job with the same theme/same outcome on the same night . Here's hoping they come true!!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:19 pm

If they were good then I hope they come true too!

Postby npixelz » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:32 pm

Blue Jay wrote:Man Mousy that is some intense dreams you have! I had two dreams in which my ex friend from irl was either trying to kill me herself or she left me to zombies. The first one I will put first and the second after.

Blue Jay? Is that you? *reaches up one hand to blue face* is it really you? *hand falls limp. Dies*

[+] SPOILER
I was walking through a High School on my way to compete in a sporting event with these girls I knew irl. It was a pretty ritzy place they had multiple tennis courts, pools and their own private beach for Surfing Competitions to boot. I was confused as all hell because none of us ever competed in sports before and I particularly suck at them! As we walked towards the arena it became more like a house and objects started moving. Nobody noticed it but me but a table would lift up on it's own. Lights would flicker and it just had that dark scary haunted house feel to it. We walk through another door outside and a cop car started coming towards us. Apparently we weren't competing but there to steal the school mascot so we didn't want to be caught. We were back towards the front of the school and there was no way out except over a fence. So I helped the girls over the fence but when I thought they would help me up since I helped them. However they bolted and left me for the cop. The cop gets out and she is some crazy Zombie lady(not ZB had it before I came to Windlyn) who starts to come at me. I'm freaking out because I just got ditched by those I thought were friends and now I'm going to be killed. All of a sudden I hear, "Nobody hurts my friend!" I have no idea who said it but I look around for a bit. I spot Turtle Sensei charging out of nowhere with another person and they attack the zombie. Once the zombie was down Turtle took me and we ran off to safety!

I have no idea what it even means other then my ex irl crew is still bothering me though it's been months since I split from them. XD

[+] SPOILER
I had one in which I was at home and talking with my family. I get a letter in the mail from my ex best friend saying she wants to talk four months after I ended our friendship. I ignore the letter as I'm reading it and she shows up to my house. She demands she needs to talk to me and I say fine but outside. We go outside and it's now a lake area(I live in the Suburbs) and she starts telling me things that I can't remember. As we are walking she tries to push me off a dock and I dodge her so she goes in. She growls angrily at me and then she turns into a mermaid. She tries to corme at me again spouting that thTe human race is doomed. I say nice try we are blocking you guys in. So I run into the house and my sister and brother in law go you want to see the built wall. I look outside my sisters window and it's a bunch of suitcases piled up and people who were trapped. The Mermaids got to the people and the whole seen looked like Barbie dolls and Ken dolls falling over. I mean actual dolls and stuff. I woke up after that and just facepalmed myself.

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Next

Return to The Lounge