The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Postby Gingerale » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:06 pm

I was having a dream where I was at a huge convention and someone grabbed my hand and pressed it to their phone and was taking pictures of it - scanning I suppose?- so that they could steal my identity through the fingerprints. I suppose that could actually happen one day. I just remember that they were pressing their nails into my hand to keep me from pulling my hand away - which I recall it hurting- and as I was yelling for security they merged into the crowd and were gone.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 pm

Postby galled » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:23 pm

They don't even need you to touch their device to get your fingerprints today. I read a warning a few months back about giving the thumbs up or making a peace sign in photos and selfies. It turns out that some cameras in phones are so good that they can get a good enough scan of your fingerprints from them!

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:18 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby murmurlade » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:30 pm

that's terrifying.
never show your thumb ever again!

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:18 am

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby galled » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Yep, especially since there seems to be a push to use bio ID (like fingerprints) for critical things that require positive identification...

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:04 pm

too much "Sherlock holmes" and ""elementary", my dear"? (that was an attempt at a joke) Or the new mission impossible movies, where they have to scan the hand for access?

Postby galled » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:50 pm

I lot of phones use biometrics (finger prints) to unlock. DMV uses a fingerprint scanner. Banks are in process of adopting the tech too. Scary stuff--won't be long before cameras are so good they'll be able to take retina scans while taking portraits. Well, we have that tech now, but won't be long until your phone will be that good.

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:52 pm

That is scary - how will we be able to counteract that? Will colored contact lenses be able to distort the retina scans without compromising vision?

Postby galled » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:13 am

Wear sunglasses perhaps? The other tech is DNA scans, but that has issues as well...

Server Administrator

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:58 pm

I can generally remember my dreams but sounds etc I have a harder time remembering and I don't know if it was because the phone ringing woke me out of a deep sleep but I actually remembered the "sound/tone" of the people's voices I was talking to in the dream... the sound of the car engine running and the Bumping sounds that made me come out to look as it was being driven backwards up a set of stairs....and the hysterical crying of the person driving when I asked them what they were doing.

Postby Gingerale » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:11 pm

I had a dream last night, woke up from it, got up and did a few things to try and give my dreaming a break, went back to sleep and woke up this morning continuing the dream I had been dreaming hours ago - what's up with that!?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 pm

Postby Of the Stars » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:29 pm

That's cool! I wish I could continue my dreams.
I had a reoccurring dream when I was younger but it was a nightmare.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:18 pm

~*~* Watery Star's mule *~*~

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:10 am

Mousy : were you sleeping or did you manage to get on for the Novalia event? :wink:

Postby npixelz » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:47 pm

Here is a dream I've had many times.

I am flying. I don't know how, or why, I only know that it feels amazing. I do not fly like you would normally expect, rather, I fly in an upright position. I fly in circles, facing the inside of the circle, and using that method to go farther and farther. Often, in these dreams, I fly through trees, their branches brushing against me, and yet feeling soft. I barely even notice they're there. I fly low, I fly high, I fly everywhere. A lot of the times I have these dreams, I am near a house, or houses of different varieties. It feels wonderous, it feels magical, it feels like I can do anything. The dream seems so real, that even though I know that sort of thing is impossible, I believe it is real. Often times, when I dream, it's as if I'm watching the dream unfold like a movie. But these dreams, I actually go through them. They are not just some story I have the pleasure of viewing, they are an activity that I am actually doing. I don't know what these mean, or why I keep having them, but I don't want them to stop. I've also had other dreams which include this method of flying, but the flying isn't the main thing. Why do I dream of flying so much? Why am I flying in such a strange way? What does it mean? Does it mean anything? Or is it just something completely random? I don't know, all I know is that they feel so real, feel so amazing, and are among the only dreams I've had, that seem as though they are more than just dreams.

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby galled » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:36 am

Flying dreams mean you're happy! I think how your dream makes you feel tells the tale. ;)

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:46 am

True. My dream app, which interprets dreams, but I just use as a dream journal-and when I do have it interpret, it's just for fun-often says to pay attention to the emotions in the dream, and then they, in turn, help you figure out what the dream means. So I completely agree with what you are saying. Probably would have agreed even without the app telling me that.

Well, I'm off to sleep. Hopefully, I'll dream...
Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz
Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz
Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz
Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz
Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz
Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz
Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz
Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz
Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz
Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz
Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz