The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Postby npixelz » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Also. It is my personal belief that dreams are made up of fragments of memories, even memories that havent happened yet. And. Sometimes we have a very precise future-memory-dream, but it is forgotten. Until. That moment occurs. Then. We get a feeling. A sense of it happening before. And that is deja vu.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 8:17 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:25 pm

memories, what's on your mind, anticipations, possible resolutions .... I think they all mix into our dreams.

I just had a dream about aliens taking over bodies and realized it was from Dr.Who...

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 6:17 pm

Postby npixelz » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:54 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:memories, what's on your mind, anticipations, possible resolutions .... I think they all mix into our dreams.

I just had a dream about aliens taking over bodies and realized it was from Dr.Who...

Exactly.

Hooray for DW!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:30 pm

npix: Dr. Who themes have a tendency to frequent my dreams the week that I watch the episodes. Like the sandman theme this past week - makes you want to make sure there is no sleep hiding out in the corner of your eye...

Postby npixelz » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:npix: Dr. Who themes have a tendency to frequent my dreams the week that I watch the episodes. Like the sandman theme this past week - makes you want to make sure there is no sleep hiding out in the corner of your eye...

Sandman, sandman... doesnt ring a bell. Is newest?

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:37 pm

shhh....yes!

Mr.Sandman, build me a dream....

Postby npixelz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:35 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:shhh....yes!

Mr.Sandman, build me a dream....

Have now watched. Hey, there is something there, in your eye, in the corner...

Postby I Shall Engrave » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:03 pm

So I recently had this dream where I apparently got a snake (not entirely sure why because I don't like them) and it began to freak me out so I decided to kill it. I tried snapping it in half but that obviously didn't work so I stabbed it in the head a few times. I had to get rid of the snake before my family got home so I tried to push it down the garbage chute and then I had to clean up the mess.

Freud theorized that dreams are manifestations of your subconscious and that they can be repressed memories.

I'd really, really like to know what the hell that was about.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 5:17 pm

Postby galled » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Freud believed a snake is a phallic symbol. Then again, pretty much everything according to Freud (and Jung, well most of men in psychology) is related to sex so that one is easy. ;)

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby I Shall Engrave » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:26 pm

That would explain why many of my dreams involve snakes lol. Not why I'm pushing them down garbage chutes and cleaning up the crime scene though.

Postby galled » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:02 pm

The snakes could represent many or multiple things:

1. Litteral
2. Phallic
3. Men
4. Male associated characteristics

The garbage disposal is eliminating it. In that context perhaps it represents more more feminine aspects (by eliminating the male aspects). Are you keeping/hiding something from your family that you don't want them to find out? Of course, you don't need to say, but that may help you discover what, if anything, your dream represents. ;)

Then again, it might be you hate snakes and you don't want your family to know! LOL

Server Administrator

Postby I Shall Engrave » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:37 am

Everyone has skeletons in their closet, so to speak. And I'm pretty open about my general dislike of snakes.

The other animal I dream about often is a shark.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:22 pm

a large majority of my dreams are I am at work but bizarre stuff is happening and then I wake up and realize I still have to go to work. Ugh.

Postby Mousy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:17 pm

3 dreams for you guys!

Dream 1-
I was eating eggs and my tooth broke off all the way to the gums. I looked at the tooth and where it was and it was just rotten all the way through. ugh. (I ran and brushed my teeth as soon as I woke up in the middle of the night XD.)

Dream2-
I was walking along a forest area and I came out onto a beach. I saw one of my students from last year sitting with a bunch of other people and I instinctively knew that they were all dead. I asked her what happened/how she died and she told me that all she remembered was eating almonds and that they were very good. I asked if she was poisoned and she said no. It turns out that she was severely allergic (in the dream, not in real life.) She told me that she was surprised to see me there so soon-implying that I was dead- and I told her nonono.. i'm just visiting. That was an uncomfortable dream. T_T

Dream3-
I had a big dog in a pet store and they had these exposed treats at dog level in the store. so naturally, my dog ate some. There was an employee just standing there staring (you know that face when employees just hate their job?) and then she starts yelling for the whole store to hear " THIS GIRL IS STEALING!!!!" and I threw a fit denying that I was stealing and tried to reason with her how irresponsible it was that they would leave treats exposed like that knowing that dogs wouldn't be able to discern those treats from the treats they are allowed to have at home and she just wouldn't have it. So we had to go to this tiny office to speak with the manager and the manager called corporate for me to talk to and express my concerns to. So, I gladly spoke with corporate, but by the end of the conversation, I realized the phone had been upside down the whole time. It was one of those corded phones, so it was really obvious. The girl that had caused the whole trouble laughed at me and left the room triumphant and I was just stuck feeling embarrassed.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 7:17 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby galled » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Losing teeth commonly symbolizes change and/or fear of losing something.

Death, while scary, in dream terms usually means the end of something or more importantly the beginning of something new.

The third dream is frustration over something you didn't do. A dog can mean a dog, but can mean someone loyal in your life (characteristics attributed to a dog).

I'd say the first two are probably related to your impending motherhood!

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge