The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Postby silverberry » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:25 am

I usually don't share my dreams here since they tend to take a dark turn.

A recent one was about masterminding an operation to poison a whole town, then convincing the group that helped me to commit suicide via the same poison. Except, in the end, I deliberately changed something about what I took so I don't die with the others. I "woke up", but in the past as another person. Knowing how the plot unfolds, because I was the one who executed it, I worked to sabotage the mastermind. I confronted the mastermind at the final feast, knocked out the others before they could ingest too much poison, and watched the mastermind die after messing up their final trick.

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 8:30 am

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Postby galled » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:51 pm

Yep, that's kinda dark. (Sounds like what some cult leader did several decades ago.)

I say kinda dark because in the end it's not about the heinous act, but that you did something about it! My dreams usually end with me waking up before the conclusion/resolution--very frustrating when the "stakes" are high. Thankfully most of my dreams are rather mundane (slice of life kinds of things), so they're easy to leave behind.

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 5:30 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:31 pm

Yeah, makes me think of the whole Jim Jones cult.

My weirdest dreams always include death in them. Mostly with relatives.

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 7:30 pm

Postby npixelz » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:29 am

galled wrote:My dreams usually end with me waking up before the conclusion/resolution--very frustrating when the "stakes" are high. Thankfully most of my dreams are rather mundane (slice of life kinds of things), so they're easy to leave behind.

Funny thing

Nowadays my dreams don't always finish

But in the past, if a dream didn't end, it would come back as a recurring dream, and then continue
So like, let's say I had a dream where I turned into a bird, and was trying to turn back, but the dream ended before I could turn back
What would then happen is months of years later I'd have the same dream, go through everything, but then it would keep going, and id end up finishing the dream
It was kinda like how a lot of tv shows have the "last time on (insert TV show title" and then the episode continues from where the previous one left off

A very fun trick I must say

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby galled » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:40 am

LOL, in movies and TV they are known as "cliffhangers." They were designed to get people to tune in again for the next show (the design that causes binge watching).

Having them in dreams? Like we need more reasons to sleep! LOL

Server Administrator

Postby TheFellowsheep » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:58 pm

Omg, I get so invested in some of my dreams that when I wake up to a cliffhanger, I sometimes force myself to go back to sleep to finish them... Sadly doesn't work as often as I wish it would. :cheer:

My most recent dream was one of those. Last night I was dreaming about being at this resort like place with these random nonexistent people who were... Ig my coworkers in the dream. I was close with this one guy, but then for some reason he got stuck in an ephemeral/spirit form! I think it had to do with the new show we were watching: The 6 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. Which funnily enough is a real book, and I'm pre sure it doesn't have a movie/TV adaptation. I read that book a yr or two ago, haha. But yeah, never did figure out how to get him back to normal.

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 4:30 pm

Postby npixelz » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:33 am

That's actually the problem with me now, I want to keep the dream going so I sleep longer than I should and by the time I wake up fully I can't remember enough to write down
That reminds me of a kinda dark dream I had; I don't remember exactly how, but some accident I caused killed my mother, and I was afraid I'd go to jail, plus I wanted her alive, so I put her heart inside like a large slab of meat, like a steak or something. I went on this huge quest holding the slab of meat to find out how to revive her. The heart was still beating, and if it stopped I'd hit it and it would start again. I remember climbing a cliff at one point
I don't remember if I managed to save her, but I hope I did!

Postby silverberry » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:56 am

Huh - I didn't make the connection with that event until it was pointed out.

Now that's a fun way to think about incomplete dream plots!

Another interesting dream where I played two roles, one chasing after the other:

The first was some sort of wanderer who had reached the edge of the world, and found that the further away I walked, the more the world expanded and slowly grew right under my feet. Paths stretched, the ocean bent and curved, rock splintered and shot into trees. I crossed a bridged that looked as if it stopped halfway across the ocean, and took a leap down only to be caught by a sudden stretch of road.

Then I was another person, part of the second team sent to search after the initial person. The edge of the world I explored before had turned into a popular natural water park. The hanging bridge, into a gigantic tree house. In the middle of the area was a huge tarpaulin with messages of support towards the developers of the park printed out, along with the developers' responses. A tiny touchscreen terminal stood by the borders of the park. It was some sort of communication device between the two teams. The first team had left their thoughts and findings on it.

We searched the park's borders. On one side was the ocean, on the other a rapid, rocky river. The final side was closed off by a cliff, upon which water cascaded down in deafening sheets. While trying to find a way to get past the borders, I had the thought: what if we were looking at the wrong direction? What if the way forward was to drown?

I sent a message to the terminal, but I woke up before I could test the theory.

Postby TheFellowsheep » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:26 am

Exactly @"npixelz" ! I oversleep then don't even get the glory of remembering well enough to write it down. :cheer: It's almost like, "why bother?" That is such a wild dream segment. Dayum.

@"silverberry" That kinda reminds me of virtual realities, and how some storytellers are like "once you get to the edge you just fill in what ya want". Wild.

My dream had a different version of the Ys games. (Fun fact, I've never played. Wanted to though.) It was more of a collaborative team effort game with other players, but also VR. I was also the older sister of a younger sister who I was fighting for (but also was for a small portion of the dream). When I was her, she was playing with some in-laws to be and couldn't keep up with the shorthand like ARG (all ready to go). There was another weird acronym but Idr lol.

Anyway, I had to go find her fiance as her older sister to lay down the law of the hand (get your family to be supportive, or I'll kill you kinda stuff). Finally find him at his daughter's place, and he admits he had seen her earlier at his brother's place (a hotel) where he slept on a mattress on the floor near the elevator. They barely spoke to each other apparently.

Oh, and then as the older sister I played Ys. I was this set of twins, the eye on the outer edges was always closed but the eye on the inner (facing other twin) was open and that's where their powers came from (some psychic to electricity and wind powers). And ... That's it. Woke up before I kicked full ass.

Postby npixelz » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:17 am

I had a dream where I was multiple people, a couple dreams actually
The more interesting one is this;

I was a boy sliding down a tilted tree into a dark forest below with his sister
Then suddenly I was myself in a lighter forest with a group of explorers. The ground was covered in green roots, it was all so lush and full of life. We reached a hole where multiple roots formed a spiral shape until they were cut off to form a circle
We jumped down and began sliding down
It turned out the tree I was sliding down as the boy was underneath the lush forest, there was a dark and misty forest UNDERNEATH the lush one the whole time!
We got ambushed by a bunch of girls in ponytails, where it turned out the boy's sister was now one of them, and I had to negotiate our release
Then I found a cabin, with an unremarkable exterior and back, when I stepped inside it turned out to be like a campground store
I wanted this phone that had a game on it but couldn't buy it or something? I don't quite remember, though I do remember I eventually got it
Then the back of the inside of the store opened up with sliding wooden doors, revealing a cobblestone town square with shops and houses, and it was snowing! So this cabin which had a back to it, and clearly did not lead tok and could not fit inside it, a whole town, was somehow linked to a wintery town!
I looked around the shops but eventually had to go to the bathroom and had to run into some random person's house to do it!
I don't remember much else tbh

So tldr; I was a boy with his sister in a dark forest, then I was myself with a group in a bright forest, I found a hole leading to the dark forest which turned out to be under the bright one the whole time, I was ambushed by girls including the previous boy's sister, I bought a game phone in a small cabin which somehow was linked to a whole town in the middle of winter when there were no signs of such a thing when viewing the cabin from outside

Postby TheFellowsheep » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:58 am

That vaguely reminds me of the Blair Witch Game. It had a similar segment near the end as your beginning (one type of forest up town, go down into a tree to reveal the fucked up forest below). And the end sounds like stumbling into Hogsmeade from the secret tunnel, hahaha. How wild.

Postby npixelz » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:10 am

Oh I see!
Yeah it kinda does! Or even Diagon Alley!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:08 pm

I shouldn't have watched gladiators before going to bed because I dreamt I had to accomplish obstacle courses to succeed.

Postby npixelz » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:43 am

Is that a bad thing?

Postby silverberry » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:08 pm

Those can be stressful to dream of!

---

Dreamed of having a date at the world's most expensive but also most customizable milk tea place, and only had to go through an armed hostage situation and live a weird dual life in something that wouldn't be out of place in a dark urban fantasy YA for it.

The place had something like a salad bar that contained representations of things we could add to our milk tea order. Everything, from type and amount of sweetener, milk, sinkers, and even extras like cream or fruit juice, was placed in a bowl with compartments. The color of the bowl corresponded to the tea base. There was also another bar that had fresh fruit bits and jam that could be added.

My order totaled to 500+ PHP (10+ USD). My date kept attempting to steal my drink - she did NOT like whatever in the world she ended up concocting, which was some frappe-like thing with strawberries, lemon, and pineapple.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge