The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:04 pm

I am going to take a vacation - well at least a few days off ( a catch up vacation though but I still won't be at work).

So, I had a dream I was at a place where people were half dressed in wedding attire that wasn't completely sewn yet...like white pants that looked inside out and pinned vests, half sewn wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses and I was sitting with someone at a outside cafe table and we were wondering what was going on and I heard someon say to this lady that had pins in her mouth and was pinning a dress " the weddings tomorrow, do you think you'll be ready?" And she was nodding her head, yup, as she worked and I said to the person I was sitting with, I have no idea how she is going to get it all done by tomorrow!

So, I kind of know where most of the dream came from - it was a jumble of different things happening during the week but totally interesting how it came out because I don't think I have ever been to an actual place that looked like where it took place.

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 3:20 am

Postby npixelz » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:12 am

I ahad a dream with time travel, vampires, and Lord Of The wRings. I killed golem and the vampire, and won the day! hooray!

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 5:20 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:54 am

so, (short version) I had a dream where I was helping someone (no clue in real life who it was) with setting up for a birthday party they were having and when I went to get a plate of food from the kitchen there was a little white mouse on the counter checking out the platters. I yelled for the hostess in the other room and we tried to catch the mouse which fell into the sink and got wet. Anyway I woke up as she was taking a platter the mouse had been on out to the guests and I was saying "ah I don't know if you should be doing that..."

Postby npixelz » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:50 pm

In my dreAm. I played a wierd game. In which everyone was trying to help the other person win. Yet i won anyways.
Then. We were in a very large room. With long tables. And everyone had powers. One person was talking, (the new ruler) and he said that anyone that was too powerful had to be killed, such as darth sideous and some woman with a name likeVuler or something. Then he held a gun to my head as he was leaving. Releasing me only when he wasat the exits.

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 5:20 am

Postby Diana » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:00 pm

I read a book recently, (the dreamshifters trilogy, actually) which got me thinking: In your dreams, are you typically yourself or someone else?

Except for a few work and school dreams, I am almost always acting as someone else, living someone elses life, solving someone elses problems... All of my irl friends I have asked said they've never been someone else, or if they have they still feel or know its them, and they have weird hair or some other mixed up details. So now Im super curious!

Site Admin

Postby Zombie Bunny » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:09 am

My dreams are always in the third person, it's strange. Like, I always know what's going on before the actual people in the dream know. Every once in a while it'll feel like someone is talking to ME, though. It's usually that weird reoccuring robot lady character. I wrote one of mine down the other day, here:
[+] SPOILER
There were three people in the house, One of them was tall, had dark hair and a big, curly beard, One of them was about my height, long platinum blonde hair, twitchy, seemingly very intuitive, and the other one was my reoccurring character, the pink haired robot girl. Her job was to protect the other two people in the house, by making sure no one came inside. She ended up being over protective, and annoying the other two by alerting them whenever someone so much as walked by the house.
Eventually, they sent her out to go get something, when she came back, they were sitting at the table together. The one with platinum hair asked her if this is what she really wanted to do with her life. She responded that she “did not program herself”. The other one then asked what she did want to do. To which she responded in a rather soft, fondly thinking voice: “I want to kill you in an alleyway and own a pretty garden”. It seemed like it was directed at me. For some reason, I didn’t find this alarming in any way.
Fairly soon, they all decided to go to the beach. The platinum blonde decided to build a castle, which was quickly overtaken by the waves. A group of people told themr it was terrible and they decided to recreate a famous statue. I cannot remember which one. But it worked perfectly. Before they could take a picture, however, the waves started to break it down as well. They kept trying and trying to get a good picture, but for some reason her camera wouldn’t focus.

Image Image Image

Postby galled » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:23 am

Diana: Interesting. You acting as someone else as in with a new name (not just a life) or acting as some character (like in a movie or book)?

Zombie: So like watching a movie?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Zombie Bunny » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:23 am

It's a bit different than that actually! It's like spectator mode when you die in a video game.

Postby galled » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:21 pm

So third person mode where you float around and see yourself and the action. Interesting. Makes sense tho considering I dream in cinema mode- I'm sure you can understand/know why! But I dream mostly first person when I do dream.

Server Administrator

Postby Zombie Bunny » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Actually I don't think I've ever been in my own dream before! It's always different people who I've never met before. Sometimes there's someone I recognize though, I can rarely pinpoint who it's supposed to be though.

Postby Balcan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:56 am

Ii don't remember if I have discussed this here, but Freud believed dreams are manifestations of one's subconscious. Things hidden in the depths of your mind that come to light when you are asleep.

My latest one includes having Bengay slathered on my junk, but I like to believe that is not among the things I have in my mind.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:48 pm

I think dreams are a way of sorting out the information we have put into them throughout our wakening moments. I think that's why what shows/movies etc I watch also influence my dreams. For example, I have been watching spy shows lately and having espionage related dreams. Sometimes I am a participant in those dreams and sometimes it is like I am watching the events occur.

If I seriously look at what has influenced (visually, what I have been contemplating, stressing over, involved in doing etc) in my waking moments I can generally trace what occurs in my dreams back to something.

Postby Balcan » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:32 pm

The other theory is that dreams are our unfulfilled wishes and desires. However the mind tries to repress them so in dreams you do not directly see the object of your desire, but rather it is disguised or represented as another symbol.

The reason you don't remember most of your dreams is because it's your minds way of censorship to protect you from malicious urges and desires.

I bought some Bengay today.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 01, 2016 1:04 am

Haven't heard of that theory but can't say I agree with it. I have had some dreams of being present at such beautiful places or doing some amazing things before. In fact, quite often in my dreams I am able to accomplish, do things, go places that in real life I can't, haven't or may never. I have had some dreams where the colors are so vivid, unlike anything I have seen in real life.

Postby galled » Sun May 01, 2016 10:52 am

I've had "what if" dreams and dreams of anticipation (thing as if something in real life came true/became reality), so that part of that theory I agree with. But as for reasons for the symbolism, I think the reason is much simpler: The human brain has evolved to work best visually (why we can remember things better if there is a visual aid) and some things/concepts are more complex, so our brains store them in simplified forms (to save space/brain storage) and dreams use simplified symbols as the purpose of the dreams isn't the "things" themselves, but the relationships/contexts of these things in relation to you.

I've been thinking about AI and how computer programming would have to change to work more like the human brain. I believe we store facts/bit of information like a computer, but the relationships between the things is so complex because that's where we derive/project meaning from/to them--which are all based on our experiences and lessons we learn through transmission. It's all very interesting stuff!

Server Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge