The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Postby Balcan » Sun May 01, 2016 11:24 am

Here's a very condensed version of Freud.

He has the concept of the id, the ego, and the superego which are not physical parts of the brain. The id is the urges, impulses, and desires. The ego is the more grounded reality, and the superego is the morality and conscience. In dreams, the superego battles the id in an attempt to mask those urges and desires so the result that is expressed is vague and in a form that is not offensive to the superego.

There are things of the human mind that artificial intelligence will never be able to grasp.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 4:07 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun May 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Now, AI's are a whole other exciting topic!

I don't know if you watched the Star Trek the next generation series but the android Data is always aspiring to be more human. However, he is unable to control the emotions once he does have an "emotion" chip activated.In one of the episodes a program that allows him to dream becomes activated.

I have never delved into the specifics of how we as humans are able to control our emotions and yet sometimes are overwhelmed by them to the point that emotions are debilitating.

There are actually quite a few science fiction movies that deal with AI's developing emotions - the Robin Williams movie Bicentennial man for instance. But again the androids strive to become human. Anyway, in the Bicentennial movie it deals with can the android be considered a sanctioned being and be allowed to make his own choices etc in life or is he just a robot and the property of someone? Can turning the android off be considered killing? The movie brings up a lot of questions to think about as scientist and programmers in real life strive to create android's that function alongside of humans.

Some of the documentaries have discussed the fact of whether we should allow androids/robots to look human or not. A decision that is relative to how we as humans will emotionally respond.

Postby npixelz » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:25 am

So I keep having dreams that keep changing the design of themselves. One minute it's like real life, the next and the graphics suggest we're in a video game, and then it's playing out inside a comic!
The only other things I remember about the dream is that we're running, we have suits that remind me a little of big hero 6 on, there's a girl with long hair, and that she's trying to tell me something. I never remember what she said though.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 6:07 pm

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:41 pm

maybe too many games and comics?

I had a dream I went to an award ceremony for someone I knew and their friend had a parrot that was sitting on their shoulder and suddenly flew from her onto my shoulder and was nuzzling its colorful bird head into my cheek and nibbling on my ear, where did that come from!?

Postby npixelz » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:10 am

I don't think so, but maybe.
Maybe you saw one recently or something.

Postby Polaris » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Does/Has anyone ever had a, for lack of a better word, "prophetic" dream? I have these kinds of dreams, except it's nothing like a dream where I foresee a prophecy of "the world's end" or anything major.

What happens is that I'll dream of something simple or mundane, like me reading a specific page of a book or doing a specific action, and lo and behold it comes true the next day, week, month, or whatever. It's kinda cool though because when I realize I'm doing the action I dreamed about I know what I do next and I can choose whether I follow it or do something different.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 7:07 pm

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Diana » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:49 pm

I used to have those happen all the time! I've had dreams where I go through a day of school, and then get up and go through pretty much the exact same day, it's crazy. I remember most all my dreams with a lot of detail, so I've also had dreams and then gone to talk to people and reference something that happened in the dream, only to find out it wasn't real. :o

Site Admin

Postby npixelz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:25 am

Yes! That happens a lot!

Postby Mousy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:41 am

I had this dream that I was swinging and just remembering how great it was to be a kid and swinging and it was so much fun! but then I realized that every time I was at the top of the arc of the swing, everyone else could see my underwear. I spent the rest of the dream extremely self-conscious trying to figure out how to still enjoy the swings, but not show my undies. :distress:

I'm sure there is some meaning there. I was having the most fun at the very top of the swing. That's where I felt the happiest and then it's connected with something humiliating like my underwear showing in public. ugh. and then for the rest of the dream, it's all I can think about.

It's like I was feeling good and on an emotional high, something happened at that emotional high and I'm having a hard time getting over it.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 5:07 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:13 am

I dream about work quite a bit so that when I do get up I feel like I have already put in my day of work. So the other day I was having a conversation with one of my customers and it was like deja vu - I had to ask myself if we had already had that discussion - which I am positive we did not- or if it was a situation I had dreamt about. But it was kind of unnerving.

Mousy, your life has had some uphevals and also some exhilarating moments (like your son being born)your dream makes perfect sense. (for future: always wear shorts under your skirt, so if you have the dream either tell yourself" its ok you have shorts on" or tie the skirt into shorts before you get on the swing :wink:

Postby Mousy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:41 am

I felt like it was about those ups and downs I've had for the past year and a half too. In real life, I feel my emotions creeping up towards the higher parts because I know it's almost over, but I also keep trying to stay guarded and grounded from those feelings so that i'm not disappointed.

I JUST had a work dream that felt so real that I realized about 15 min. ago that it didn't happen. and boy am I glad that was just a dream! Haha

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:53 am

last night I had a dream my old boss was picking me up in her car but for some reason she couldn't get the car pulled over to the side of the road and was almost causing traffic accidents to pull over, she got stuck in one spot and then almost ran me over another time as she kept circling around to get me. I forget how now but I managed to get in the car but remember thinking I wasn't so sure I wanted her to be driving me. I have to think on the interpretation of that one.

Postby Polaris » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Has anyone ever had the cliche "naked in public" dream? Because I used to think those only happened in movies, until I ended up having my own... I'd always be in a stange, yet familiar place (like, I'd "know" where I was but it still felt different) with people I knew (e.g. school & classmates). It was weird but at least I kinda know what to do now if I ever end up in a similar situation since I spent so much time in the dream trying to hide and formulate a plan to get clothes on or go home to get some clothes.

Local time: Mon May 13, 2024 7:07 pm

Postby Mousy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:59 pm

*raises hand* ooh ooh me meeee!!!!
I had one where it was flooding and I slipped and slid down a path and at the end of the path I stood up and held my computer in the air in triumph because I didn't get it wet and everyone started staring and laughing. I was like What??? I SAVED my computer! and then looked down and was naked. XD

I thought it was just a movies thing too until that dream. haha

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:31 pm

when you have a dream like that then: WAKE YOURSELF UP!!

seriously I will have to dig out my dream interpretation book and see what that means

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge