The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Dreamland ( ̄。 ̄)~zzz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:21 pm

sometimes just all the stuff I hear, watch, read about or do gets jumbled together.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 6:03 am

Postby galled » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:35 pm

I think dreams fall into two categories--problem solving and memory categorization for long term storage--memory sorting/optimization. They absolutely reflect what happens/is perceved when you're awake. What I find most interesting is how things are twisted/represented in dreams. They can be quite silly sometimes and simply brilliant other times!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Mousy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:52 pm

Alright~ Nightmare time!

So, my husband and I were driving along a road when we turn a corner and find that a road has broken apart and there is a large hole in it. We were going too fast to stop, so we sailed right into the hole in the road. We landed in a body of water, but the shore was in sight and the car wasn't sinking just yet. We knew it would sink and it was just a matter of time, but there was hope that maybe it could reach the shore before it sank.

~this next part needs a bit of background. I hate automatic windows in cars because "what if we fall into a lake and the automatic windows give out and we get trapped in the vehicle?" so every time we go over a bridge we have that discussion and I have an action plan for if my car goes over the side. Also, it needs to be known that this is not a fear of mine. I am not afraid of falling into a lake, but I DO have to have a plan for every possible situation I can think of and that just so happens to be a situation I think of on the rare occasion that I travel over a body of water. ANYWAY back to the nightmare~

The waves were rolling the car around and this whole time I'm saying "up or down? Up or Down? (HUSBAND) UP OR DOWN???" and he's panicking and we've righted at this point and he goes "Down!" the car flips back over in a wave and he screams "NO UP!" it's too late though and I'd already pushed the button to roll down the windows and water is coming into the car......

And then my husband wakes me up because I'm breathing really fast and flailing and kicking everything in my sleep.

The main feeling that I left from that dream was just that indecision and uncertainty. I was holding out on rolling down the windows because I could see the shore and the waves were rolling us close to it. We could possibly make it out just fine, but we were being tossed around so much. I needed to wait for my husband to make the decision on what we needed to do. BUT I knew that if we went under, I would not have a chance to open our windows and make our escape. My choice was hard because If I rolled down the window that was giving up the hope that we could make it to the shore in the car and I knew that my husband couldn't swim so that was putting him in danger if he couldn't stay in the car, but If I DIDN'T roll the window down, I was cutting off any chance of survival for the both of us.

I'm a little sad that I couldn't finish the nightmare because I have no idea what actual decision would have been made. The window was just barely down, I could have put it back up... ugh.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 7:03 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:52 pm

if your husband can't swim in real life then it is time he at least learn how to tread water and make it to the edge :wink:

What a relief your baby wasn't in the car with you!

Honestly I think it has to do with a lot of the decisions you have had to make this year and also with things not coming to fulfillment as you were hoping/expecting.

Ok the "cracking the dream code" dream book says:
Road:
[+] SPOILER
"The road of life. A path you have chosen for yourself.The type of road and condition of the road will reflect how your journey is going right now.

Drive:
[+] SPOILER
Your motivation: what drives you. If you are the one driving then you are in control of your current situation

Drowning:
[+] SPOILER
Often means you are sinking into depression. Can also mean you are feeling overwhelmed or that you may be in over your head, or have gotten in too deep into a situation.

Hole:
[+] SPOILER
What do you feel is missing in your life?

Water:
[+] SPOILER
your emotions. The state of the water will reflect the state of your emotions.

rising water:
[+] SPOILER
you may be getting in over your head, getting in too deep.An increasingly tough
situation.

wave:
[+] SPOILER
large waves or tidal waves suggest that you are feeling emotionally overwhelmed. Ask yourself what it is that is threatening to "sweep you away" emotionally or sweep you away from your normal routine.

CAR:
[+] SPOILER
shows how you are travelling thorough life or through a particular situation. A speeding car is a good indication that you need to slow down and take it easy in waking life.A crashing car may indicate you are headed for a crash, a rude awakening. Out of control car means you have lost control of something in your life.

Sinking:
[+] SPOILER
means something may be going in the wrong direction for you.Do you have a sinking or bad feeling about something? Is something in life slipping away from you?

Window:
[+] SPOILER
your perception of things. Ability to see through a barrier. What is your current point of view?

Husband:
[+] SPOILER
ask yourself if your spouse was helpful or harmful or benign in the dream.If they are benign then your dream is telling you they are not able to help you in your current situation.

what kind of body of water was it?

Postby Mousy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:08 pm

I think those are pretty accurate and those questions really give me something to think about. There are a lot of loose ends and things still up in the air. So, this dream really looks like it represents the turmoil I feel occasionally about it.

It was an ocean in the dream.

The car wasn't going too fast or too slow, it was the path that was taken from beneath the car rather than the car operator or car itself being faulty. Which is really telling of my past year or so. Haha!

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 7:03 am

Postby Gingerale » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:11 pm

You know where to put your trust.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 5:03 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:26 pm

ok, it says:

Ocean:
[+] SPOILER
" life giving energy. Emotional depths. Spiritual depths. Creative depths. There are plenty of fish in the sea. There is vast opportunity for you."

Falling:"
[+] SPOILER
Fear of failure, of losing status or of losing control. Something in your life is going rapidly in the wrong direction: your finances? A relationship? Your career? Your self esteem? Time to redirect this immediately! Sometimes falling can point to falling into depression."

Danger:
[+] SPOILER
"If you feel in danger in your dream, then there is probably something in waking life you fear is going wrong, something that may not necessarily cause you physical harm but rather emotional harm. This dream is a wake up call to find a way to protect your emotional best interests."

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:57 pm

How to remember your dreams:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/maga ... pe=article

1. Drink 3 glasses of water before you go to bed.
2. Tell yourself three times : "I am going to remember my dream"
3. Keep a notepad and pen by your bed
4. When you wake up don't open your eyes, don't talk to anyone - just start thinking through your dream
[+] SPOILER
Stickgold also recommends repeating the phrase “I’m going to remember my dreams” three times before you drift off to sleep. And keep a notebook and pen by your bed. Both preparations establish recall as a priority. “When you lie in bed, all the things rush through from the day,” Stickgold says. “Evolutionarily, that is a period when your brain is trying to figure out what to work on when you’re asleep. All of that is going on when you’re asleep, and pre-sleep is like a to-do list. By putting ‘remembering your dreams’ on your to-do list, you might remember.”

On waking up, don’t open your eyes, don’t move, don’t say a thing — any sensory perception or movement tends to wipe out memories of a dream. “If you roll over and say to your spouse that you just had the coolest dream, you’re going to lose it,” Stickgold says. “Stay half-asleep and replay what you remember in your mind. As you replay it while awake, it gets stored differently, and now you’ve got it. A whole other chunk might even pop into your mind.” Lie there for a few minutes to sink back into the dream, to gather more and more detail. For two weeks, tell yourself to remember your dreams every night and morning.

Postby npixelz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:34 am

when I wake up, I don't stop my dream. the dream continues, and sometimes I cheat a little and alter or add on to my dream.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 8:03 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:49 pm

i forgot to do the steps to see if it would work

Postby Gingerale » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:55 pm

I hate when you dream you are trying to complete something but you never get it done - something always comes up to keep you from getting it finished or getting to where you need to be.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 5:03 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:15 pm

I hate work dreams - I think I have put a days work in only to wake up to find I have yet to go in!

Postby murmurlade » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:56 pm

I usually don't remember my dreams. Warning: GORE.

I had one recently where I was in a city full of nightlife. Tall buildings, sparkling lights, shopping malls. It was a really pretty place, and hardly any congestion despite all the people. I was with my dream-family (for some reason they weren't my IRL family) and I was looking down at the square from a tall, glass building.
Suddenly these shapeless, gigantic tall creatures appeared. They were huge and skinny and shadowy, with blank round white eyes and long black limbs. They started causing destruction-- killing people and flinging cars around.

For some reason, I laughed, because it felt so unreal. Then a car started hurtling towards the building I was at and missed me by a hair's breadth. It did, however, crush my dream family. I was covered in blood and something kind of just broke. "This is real" and "I'm going to die."
After some time, the creatures just dissipated and I ran all the way back home, wherever my dream home was. I didn't know where the entire dream took place in.

I began to be able to sense the general location of these 'creatures' and soon after I'd hear news of complete obliteration, of cities and towns. It was terrifying. One day I realized many, many creatures would congregate at one spot every once in awhile and despite me being traumatized, I wanted to investigate.
It turned out to be a half-abandoned multi-storey parking lot. It was all grey and white with some beat up cars and creepers/plants growing out of the cracks in the walls.

I went pretty high up and suddenly I just. Phased through a wall. And the creatures were there, but in a smaller, more humanoid shape. They were kind of.. waiting for me? It was weird, but I somehow became one of them. At the end of the dream, one of the shadows I like best closed my eyes and told me "I wouldn't forget them, and to come back soon."

That kind of freaked me out when I woke up, because I really did remember the dream very vividly.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 9:03 pm

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:02 pm

wow, you could make it in to a horror sci-fi movie! What were you watching before you went to bed?!?

Postby murmurlade » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:14 pm

Pfft, it was really fun yeah. The shadows were incredibly sweet to me during our short time together.
Hmm, I don't watch much TV, but I was reading a chinese martial arts novel if that counts?

I especially like one dream where I could turn human beings into swords. I'd just grab their hand, and then imagine the most awful bone-crunching, skin-tearing sound as they turn into a blade for me.

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 9:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge