The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

What inspired your username?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: What inspired your username?

Postby Kethryveris » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:16 pm

Kethryveris is the name of a character in a Mercedes Lackey book (well more than one book). And I always liked it, so I thought hey, why not.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:53 pm

"Scared I will run away, I'm losing hope today
I can't tell the shadows from the light"

Postby Tangerine » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:39 pm

I wrote a lot of angsty poetry as a teen, and posted it online. Both "warm dark sky" and "tangerine sky" came from some of that slop, and just became my handles. TangerineSky specifically came from a poem I wrote on an overcast day, when I was very depressed, but wearing cheerful orange tinted sunglasses.
When I joined Gaia I shortened it to Tangerine.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 11:53 am

Postby Dynamo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:03 pm

I wanted to be known as a fancy electrical generator.

Postby Yokuutsu » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Me being depressed.

Look up what it means in Japanese.

And....I feel lost XD

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 1:53 pm

Postby Cae » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:18 pm

I'll be honest here, I got Cae from mispelling cave, I used to use cave123man, I forgot the v one time, and ended up with cae123man, a bunch of people told me to keep the name, and I've been using variations ever since.

Always looking for something interesting.

Postby Lusty Argonian Maid » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Hocus Pocus wrote:For me I enjoy witches and of course the movie Hocus Pocus is one of my favorites. One of my favorite holidays is Halloween also. c:

So how did you come up with your username?

I'm a hardcore elder scrolls fan, and in every game, there is a series of erotic books known as "The Lusty Argonian Maid". The books crack me up, and since its one of the few things that spans every game, why not?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 7:53 pm

Postby Mousy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Reason #8 that Mousy was a fitting username for me-
I went out to eat at a restaurant tonight. Salsaritas. It's like a subway, but for burritos and tacos and whatnot. Anyway, I ordered a quesadilla, got some of what I wanted on it, and go to the end where they were supposed to toast it, and the guy starts wrapping it up like a burrito. and I said uhmm.. sir? it was a quesadilla... and he keeps wrapping it up and I ate a burrito for dinner. :(

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:45 am

When I joined the first site ever and stuff, I wasn't being very creative, really. I was like:
"I like monkeys, I'm a girl, and my favorite number is 18." Thus MonkeyGirl18 became my username for all sites, except a few where someone else took it before me so I just added either an 8 or 81 or even just a 1 if the other two backups were taken, lol... Which is weird because nobody really uses the same username as me. Lol.

Postby 98Greener » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:15 pm

Waaaay back when I was a little internet babby, my favorite color was green, (and it still is) and I had watched something called Flipnote Studio, where there was this user named 100%. I decided to make myself 98%, but with Green. The -er part just sounds better.

I would've been Blacksnake10 if I hadn't come up with that.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 12:53 pm

Postby optimus prime » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:18 pm

mine is inspired by my interest in transformers. nothing fancy, really.

Postby KittenCutie1 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:29 pm

It's p much always been my username for every site I go on. But I don't remember how I came up with it.

Postby moldywoman » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:36 pm

oh boy ok haha
well my bf came up with it first. He found a gif of old men showering, that's all it was, so it was called moldy men hence them being in the shower, so i became his woman therefore my name :>

I am the mold mother
my guy is MoldyMan

Postby Eruvandir » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:35 am

How I came up with my username was a really complicated process.
Not really XP

I had a character for a role play ... she was an elf ... named Lisa. Now, only recently did I realize that Lisa was a very ... un-elvish name. So I had to find a way to give her a name that sounded elvish and was still related to Lisa.

I researched and stuff, and eventually started searching for Elisabeth. It turns out that a possible elvish counterpart for Elisabeth was Eruvandir. And that became her name.

As I was registering for this site, I thought: "Using my usual username is too boring. Too repetitive." So I used Eruvandir instead XD

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 3:53 am

Sometimes, I find myself longing for the feeling of being protected.

Postby Ryvvi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:58 am

It sounds cool though!
im just imagining all these elves introducing themselves with really long complicated elvish names
then like, "and i, am Lisa."
/blank face

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 6:53 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Eruvandir » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:03 am

Ryvvi Haha, and the thing was, even the humans in the role play had more complicated names than Lisa's XD
Her name was originally Lisa Edgerackham, named after my character on an mmo ... and that was back when I was in high school ages ago X.x
I turned it into Erivandir Faeldorien when I noticed her failure of a name >.<

Local time: Fri May 10, 2024 3:53 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge