The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Valentine's Day

Moderator: Ryvvi

Valentine's Day

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:51 pm

What be your plans for Valentine's Day? Do you celebrate V-day, or is it just a meh/another day for you? You're also welcome to share you opinions about Valentine's Day even if your opinion is "I hate this lame mush day".

As for me my mommy always gets me candy. ^.^ I think my boyfriend might take me out for dinner since I told him I want to be romantic while eating Thai food. lol

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 12:09 am

Re: Valentine's Day

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:54 pm

Valentines Day is my parents anniversary and it will be a sad day for us this year again. It's the Third Valentines Day without my mom so chances are Dad and I will treat it like any other day of the year. *nods head*

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Maybe you should take your dad out for dinner Jay? Help make it a happy day for him?

And my husband and I don't celebrate it.

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 10:09 pm

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:01 pm

I could do that but chances are he wouldn't want to. XD

Postby Hocus Pocus » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:09 pm

Or you could just do something nice for him the week of so he's not suspicious or anything.

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:12 pm

Oh that's a good idea Hocus! Maybe make him his favorite dinner Jay?

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:28 pm

I will have to come up with something.

Postby love » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:36 pm

I just kinda ignore it = u =
I do love getting candies and homemade cards from my little cousins though ugh they are just too sweet Q U Q!!

Local time: Tue May 14, 2024 9:09 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:06 pm

Valentine's day is not a good day to go out for dinner as it is generally crowded and it seems costs of dinners are up. : (

I just try to make Valentine's a day to let people know how special they are to me.

Blue Jay, maybe take some time with your Dad to celebrate how special your Mom was to you both. Look at some pictures of her, tell some stories of things she did to make you laugh.That's what I do with the people I miss who are no longer here.

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:11 pm

I would do that Lemon but when I try normally he is a brick wall. I mean about my mom not to mention normal conversations.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:25 pm

So sad, I guess just try to ask questions and see if that will draw him out...tell me again about when you met Mom, what was your favorite thing about her...or just make comments yourself...I remember when Mom....My dad is very reserved too, you almost have to pry things out of him and when he does answer you he may just shrug and say he doesn't know so I know it is very tough. You can say I love you Dad and he will say I know but very rarely will he say I love you, but I know he cares.

Postby Turtle Sensei » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:53 pm

I am rather excited about all that discounted candy that'll be on sale after the big day!

Postby Mika » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:50 am

Valentines is just another day for me... Even when I was dating the guys hardly ever did anything, so I can't say I've ever truly celebrated Vday. The closest thing I ever had done was when one of my exes had a snow globe engraved, which was far too short sighted within the time we had been dating to do, and I got it like two weeks later... So really I just see Vday as another work day and relax at home day.

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby Hocus Pocus » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:26 am

Lemon: I live in a small town, things don't tend to run expensive around here at restaurants even on Holidays they usually have discounts.

Postby Zombie Bunny » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:15 pm

Valentines day? You mean the day before half priced candy? yeeeee

Image Image Image

Next

Return to The Lounge