The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Valentine's Day

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Valentine's Day

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:50 pm

Yes ZB, and if you wait a week the candy is 75 to 90% off! YEAH!!

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 4:55 pm

Postby Mousy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:18 pm

Discount Candyyyyyyyyyy~
My husband is always off at TMEA for Valentine's Day. Always. Why would you schedule a convention for teachers during a holiday. -__- He loves it though bc he doesn't have to deal with all of his girls giving him valentines or being awkward. He's a cutie, I could see why anyone would have a crush on him. :oops:
I'll probably just exchange valentine's with my students and try my hardest to keep them settled down. Thank goodness it happens to fall on a Saturday this year. Now, I'll just have to deal with the kids freaking out about Friday the 13th.. oooo000000oooooooo00oooh.

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 5:55 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:25 pm

Mousy, can't you go to the convention with your husband and stay in the hotel with him and go shopping while he is at his meetings?

Do you require your students give everyone in the class a Valentine?

Postby Mousy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:15 pm

I would SO go with him, but I can't take more than 2 days off in a row. Even if they are personal days. For that reason, I can't go to Disney World with his band in May because I would need 3 days in a row off. :evil: That's a whole other discussion though. xD
I absolutely make them give Valentines to every student. I know that the cards aren't as genuine when they have to go to everyone, but it also ensures that no one gets left out. I would hate for someone to feel isolated because no one thought to give them a card. :cry:

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 5:55 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:12 pm

That is so not right! You need to come out here and teach! I think we must treat our Teachers better, they get paid sick days and, although I don't know if it was paid leave, have been able to take a few days - or one took a week- off on regular school days.I suppose that also could depend on whether you have very good relief to cover for you.

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:30 pm

mmmm discount candy day
last year i changed stores, and my last day at my old store was the 15th
so everyone gave me valentines candy :D

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 10:55 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:40 pm

I really don't like the sweetheart candy (the hard one with words "be mine" and such on them). They are cute but not tasty.

Postby Silverfire » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:56 pm

I'm going to spend it online again and maybe send silly things to my partners ^-^

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 6:55 pm

Postby Banni » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:57 am

I've spent the past couple or few vdays drawing for people in event threads I make, on various sites (whichever one I'm into at the time)
This year I will probably end up working on the day for at least 6 hours,
but after that I ACTUALLY have someone to take on a date after words
idk how that happened
never happens
;v;

I might still do a before or after vday drawing sessions idk depends how busy I get with day job

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Prolly drop a comment on Revvy's fb about Masamune eating all the chocolate
Past that, another day

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lime » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:42 pm

As I told Diana today, verbatim:

I am the single most excited single person when Valentine's Day comes around! Haha.

Like Mika said, if I was dating someone around Valentine's Day, we never really did anything. I'll admit, I'm a total hopeless romantic and I love terribly cheesy things.. Way too much. The more you know! Hah. Once my boyfriend and I at the time went for a picnic.. But he bought us fast food and we sat at a park bench. It's silly, but it was the thought that counted. Haha. Other than that, they've never cared enough.

But hey, I'm usually single during Valentine's Day! But I LOVE the holiday! I think it's so absolutely adorable, with all the pink and red everywhere, and in school I adored it, because giving cards were one of my favourite things to do. <3 Call it the Canadian in me, but I like showing people how much I appreciate their existence. ;)

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 7:55 pm

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Blue Jay » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Lime you sound like me! I'm the same way I love to show people I care if I can. Though online I shine in real life I'm too shy to do anything. XD

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby Lime » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Blue Jay wrote:Lime you sound like me! I'm the same way I love to show people I care if I can. Though online I shine in real life I'm too shy to do anything. XD

In real life I'm pretty upbeat and outspoken too. I wanted to go to college for social work or public relations. I'm biding my time deciding which one is best suited for me. Although I'm 21, so I'm still plenty fine for deciding yet. But you have to be decently open for jobs like that, aha. But I used to be extremely shy! I hardly ever talked. Now I'm still decently quiet, but I'm really friendly and chat if somebody chats to me. :) Nothin' wrong with shy!

Local time: Wed May 15, 2024 7:55 pm

Postby Blue Jay » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Lime I'm always willing to chat with ya if you ever feel like chatting! XD

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:32 pm

Your voice is very lovely, Lime. It sounded welcoming, cheerful, clear, on the drawing feed you and Diana hosted. You should go into public relations.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge