The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Pet Peeves

Moderator: Ryvvi

Pet Peeves

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:19 pm

So, this was on my mind.

My younger sis graduated high school and the one thing I hate so much is when people blow those stupid horns.

I don't care if your child is graduating, I want to hear when I leave the place, stop tooting your horn and make noise smacking your hands together, thankyouverymuch,

So, why not share your pet peeves?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 1:22 am

Re: Pet Peeves

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:10 pm

Some schools don't allow the "horns" at the ceremonies.

Congrats to your sister, Bassy! Did you get to eat cake!?!?!?!

-have to think on my pet peeves

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 11:22 pm

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:59 pm

We didn't have time for cake or even a good meal.

They had school, then we had to get pizza from Little Caesars and then leave for the graduation and then come back at 9pm and she got her graduation presents and then she left for a project grad lock-in at the school for until 5:30 in the morning.

Yeah, school and graduation on the same day. But I suppose they wanted to get them done with since it's June. My graduation and project grad was the day after the last day and mine was in May.

But I wish ours didn't allow them. The principal asked for them not to blow them yet until after they all got their diploma they do because they're buttholes who don't know how to listen.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:35 pm

well, maybe you can make her a cake in the next couple days

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Perhaps.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:05 pm

Pet Peeves: people who don't use their blinkers (turn signals) both cars and cyclists

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:50 pm

Same for me, except my dad's truck's right blinker doesn't work, lol.

So another pet peeve of mine....

People who walk insanely slow down the sidewalk and those who walk in groups that stand next to each other, filling up the sidewalk and then commence to walk slow causing other people to walk in the grass, even if it's muddy from just having rained.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:03 am

Slow walkers
People who assume that because they're in the turn lane, they don't need the signal
People who try to tell you how to do your job when it's not one they've ever done before

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Hero » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:37 am

People that stand behind me, just no, pisses the hell out of me. People that are too friendly. Slow drivers and walkers. People that do things just to fit into the "popular" group.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:22 am

:grin_wink: Hi, the name is Hero!

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:00 am

Adding autocorrect to the list

Postby galled » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:00 am

MonkeyGirl18 wrote:We didn't have time for cake or even a good meal.

They had school, then we had to get pizza from Little Caesars and then leave for the graduation and then come back at 9pm and she got her graduation presents and then she left for a project grad lock-in at the school for until 5:30 in the morning.

Yeah, school and graduation on the same day. But I suppose they wanted to get them done with since it's June. My graduation and project grad was the day after the last day and mine was in May.

But I wish ours didn't allow them. The principal asked for them not to blow them yet until after they all got their diploma they do because they're buttholes who don't know how to listen.

Read this. Justice?
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fam ... on-n369771

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby galled » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:02 am

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Pet Peeves: people who don't use their blinkers (turn signals) both cars and cyclists

Seems worse when the police don't signal.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:32 pm

galled wrote:
MonkeyGirl18 wrote:We didn't have time for cake or even a good meal.

Read this. Justice?
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fam ... on-n369771

I don't feel like they should have been charged, but I feel that they should've had asked them to not cheer so loudly or be kicked out. I mean, ours are told not to use them until after for the same reason, so people can hear their names. But at least ours didn't call out names until the noise quieted down. I'd just be like "If you can't be quiet, you're going to have to leave." Instead of charging them.

Then with that story. The principal said that the paper said anyone being loud and disruptive would be asked to quiet down or be asked to leave, to the mother saying that they would stop the ceremony and have them leave, to the principal up and charging them without asking as far as we know. The story is just all over the place and not the right way to take care of it.

Postby galled » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:47 pm

I don't know why people can't follow rules or laws in general. For example, it is illegal to text or talk on a phone without hands free devices, but I see at least two doing one or the other every time I drive anywhere. IMHO this is more than a matter of common courtesy because property and life can hang in the balance.

Server Administrator

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Exactly.

Next

Return to The Lounge