The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Pet Peeves

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Pet Peeves

Postby npixelz » Thu May 10, 2018 6:52 pm

Me too, lol! ;)

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 1:23 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby NerdyAliCat » Thu May 10, 2018 10:33 pm

Haha, i see what you did there lol

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:23 pm

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby npixelz » Fri May 11, 2018 8:10 am

Lol, yeah! I was hoping you'd notice! ^^

Postby Diana » Fri May 11, 2018 7:22 pm

NerdyAliCat wrote:if they just end their sentence in 'lol' all the time it gets on my nerves

I'm so sorry
I do this all the time lol. It is like punctuation now. I do it so much it is hard to stop. :scream:

Site Admin

Local time: Wed May 08, 2024 11:23 pm

Postby npixelz » Fri May 11, 2018 7:24 pm

Haha! I usually don't lol, I either use 'haha' or 'XD'. But don't worry about it, tis fine.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 12, 2018 3:31 pm

I hate when I go to the store to get a specific item and they are all out! (Especially when I generally only buy the one product there!).

Postby npixelz » Sat May 12, 2018 3:40 pm

I don't usually shop, so that doesn't usually happen to me... But I do have a story sort of similar, in that it has to do with an item being out.
I usually walk to the library, at least, when it's not winter. And this past October I did just that. On my way home, I stopped at one of our three local dollar stores to buy some chocolate bars, and just look to see if there was anything I'd want. I found a few skeletal figures of different animals. All fake, of course. There was a spider, a rat, an owl, and one or two more I can't remember. The spider was quite large for a spider, but was the smallest one, so I decided to buy it. I REALLY wanted the owl, but I was afraid it would get broken in my bag with all the books jostling around. So I left it there, planning to get it when I next went to the library. Soon after, like maybe a few days, my dad was going out to the same store, and I asked him to look for the skeleton. But when he looked, it wasn't there. We tried several other times after that, any time someone was going to that store, but we never saw it again. I kept thinking; if only I had bought it when I first saw it.
And that is my story.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 pm

lesson for the dollar store: buy it when you see it because they may never have it again.

Pet Peeves: when people say they are going to be in by the end of the day and don't show up!

Postby galled » Wed May 16, 2018 11:16 pm

I generally hate when people don't do what they say they will. Why bother saying anything if you're not going to follow through?

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby npixelz » Thu May 17, 2018 7:57 am

Yeah, I wish I had known that then!

Yeah, me too. It's almost like they're breaking their word by not doing what they said they'd do.

Empty promise, empty tale,
Empty words that are stale,
Empty phrases, empty voice,
Empty feelings because of your choice,
This emptiness I feel inside,
Has helped to open my eyes wide,
You're an empty shell of meaninglessness,
With sweet nothings when you couldn't care less,
You're an empty body, an empty husk,
You say empty things from dawn to dusk,
Yeah, you're empty,
You're empty,
An empty hole,
Yeah, you're empty,
You're empty,
You could never be whole.

Postby galled » Fri May 18, 2018 11:03 pm

DMV! People have had driver's licenses for 100 years or more, and in California where I live there are literally millions of drivers (with licenses). Why hasn't DMV figure out how to efficiently process DL renewals yet? Why does it take so long even when you have an appointment?!

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Sat May 19, 2018 8:11 am

Don't know anything about driving but I know from Zootopia that the DMV takes a really long time.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat May 19, 2018 2:51 pm

a 15 min parking spot is supposed to be for a quick get in and get out...not parking for hours there! Do they really want to test me to call the tow truck!?!?!

Postby Polaris » Sat May 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Speaking of parking spots, people who park in handicap spots that DON'T HAVE A HANDICAP TAG

Just.... why?

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:23 am

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby npixelz » Sat May 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Yeah, that's a real jerk move, there.

Btw, I love your avie! And I'll pay you for that hat!

Ok, here's one of mine. The kitchen sink in my house has a faucet you can pull out, on a cord so you can move it around to better rinse a larger object, fill an object that's a bit farther away, or better rinse the sink. My mom often pulls it out, but when she puts it back in, she doesn't put it in completely, so if I go to push a button on the top of it to change between one stream of water and having it more like a shower, with multiple streams of water, I just push the whole thing down! It is extremely annoying!
Another kitchen related one is people leaving the knives blade up in the dry sink. That's dangerous!
One more kitchen related one is people leaving cupboard doors open! It's like thanks! I really wanted to hit my head on the corner of a cupboard! Thank you!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge