The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

Pet Peeves

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Pet Peeves

Postby DoubleShotExpresso » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:18 am

galled wrote:So is it your dad that won't let you sleep in or is it your mom and dad? A little communication can help you get what you want--perhaps telling that you want to sleep in on Sunday (or whatever day) the night before may work. I would ask "Is there anything you need me to do on X-day morning?" If not, tell them that you'd like to sleep in a little. If they argue for no specific reason, you could remind them that you get up early on the other days to let mom sleep in and see what they say.

Nah i let mom sleep in during the week so as long as i dont work morning shifts - i sleep in on weekeneds. but moms been on thick breakfast kick where she apparently cant cook alone and needs my help. therefore wakes me up. makes me moody that day.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 am

Postby npixelz » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:37 am

Why can't she cook alone?

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby DoubleShotExpresso » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:57 am

npixelz wrote:Why can't she cook alone?

I am not sure. If she is trying to build a bond with me again that's not the way to do it. Or maybe she doesn't want to do it alone. I think she's trying to mend our family. But I work 40 hours a week or close enough to it, usually one or two hours off. But my job expects a lot out of me so keeping up with it is difficult.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 am

Postby npixelz » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:50 am

I don't want to seem nosy, but is your family not on good terms with each other? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I just wanted to ask.

Postby galled » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:05 pm

Even in families that get along well, I've seen communications issues create problems that do not need to be problems. A good rule of thumb is the difficult discussions are really the only ones really worth having. (I should stick that in my "Words of Wisdom" thread! ;)

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm

DSE, is your Mom trying to teach you to cook? Or is she adhering to the opinion that "breakfast is the most important meal of the day", and trying to take care of you ? (Honestly I prefer lunch to breakfast food myself).

Then again, how old is she, maybe she is afraid of leaving the stove on or burning herself...

Pet Peeve: when food looks like it is going to taste really good and then when you taste it, it is disappointing and you can't get that taste out of your mouth. :strain:

Postby npixelz » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:14 pm

I don't eat lunch. But the only meal I eat with others is dinner, and sometimes I get to eat it in front of the computer.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:59 pm

When you go clothes shopping and nothing fits properly...honestly, who's body shape are they making clothes for! (Obviously not mine).

Postby npixelz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:53 am

I don't know much about fashion or clothes, I usually get my mom to pick out my clothes.

When you set your alarm to wake you up earlier, so you're more prepared to wake up earlier for the job you're starting soon, but you can't wake up because you're too tired.

Postby NerdyAliCat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:06 am

It annoys me when a box/package/food wrapper/anything has directions to open it a specific way and someone just goes, nah i'm opening it my way and not the much more convenient way

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:32 pm

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby npixelz » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:59 am

I open them in whatever way I find the easiest. What I don't like is when it has no means of opening it, or when the way of opening it is flawed. Like when there's a tab you pull, but the tab can easily be accidentally pulled off.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:52 pm

ugh, I hate that too...especially when you are hungry and can't tear the package open.

Postby npixelz » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:07 am

Yeah, it's like; I just want to eat! Let me open this!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:07 pm

I have a credit card I hardly use and it got hacked/shimmered or what ever you call it now! No, I do not live in Ohio and I have never been there!

Thankfully the credit card company caught it and asked me about the charges...but why are people like that? Why do people think it is ok to take advantage of others? I work hard for my money and they should do so legally too!

Postby npixelz » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:52 am

Yeah, some people just like to get by off of other people's achievements.

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge