The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

What are you allergic to?

Moderator: Ryvvi

What are you allergic to?

Postby Hocus Pocus » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:13 pm

I'm allergic to mosquitoes, caffeine, and a few medications. I have really a really strange and painful reaction to mosquito bites. They swell up and become sore to the touch. I've had mosquito bites swell up to the size of half a baseball. Oh and caffeine gives me heart palpitations.

So what are you allergic to? Got any stories of an allergic reaction?

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 1:27 pm

Re: What are you allergic to?

Postby Diana » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:43 pm

My goodness! Those are really swollen bites!

Caffine (like lots of it at once) gives me the runs.
I get an itchy throat and hives after eating pineapple, bell peppers, or grapefruit. Other than that, re compacted meat like pepperoni, hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage, salami, and meatballs make me throw up; but Im pretty sure thats just food sensitivities to preservatives and oils, not allergies.

I do get the seasonal allergies, and after it rains, a running nose, itchy eyes, and sore throat (sometimes ear pain too) but I think I'm just generally predisposed to getting colds after the pollin gets in my nose and I start sneezing and touching my face.

Site Admin

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 11:27 am

Postby Ryvvi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:20 am

im allergic to responsibilities
>.>
<.<
no but i am grateful that the worst i have to deal with is hayfever
i cant imagine having to be so careful with what i can and cant eat/touch

Local time: Fri May 03, 2024 5:27 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Hocus Pocus » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:24 am

Hayfever is still annoying though. Glad I don't have to deal with that.

And omg Diana. o.o That must be awful.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:59 am

Changing weather
I feel like horsecrap whenever the weather is rapidly changing, though mom's worse
Used to be allergic to bee stings, but I outgrew that
Always the potential one that i haven't discovered yet tho

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:08 pm

I always feel crappy when the barometer changes.

Just discovered I am allergic to finned fish...got itchy, felt like my throat was closing up and started throwing up ...although salmon etc always made my mouth itchy, I never reacted like that. I have so many food sensitivities that I have to watch what I eat.

Just saw a program on our guts microbiome and how the bacteria in our gut affects us - not just our health but also our stamina our emotions. Good bacteria fights against diabetes, cancer, obesity. So I am going to check into probiotic supplements and eating more foods with the good bacteria in them ( like yogurt,miso, sauerkraut, dark chocolate, soft cheeses, green peas, ginger beer...not sure I can handle Kefir, Kimchi,natto,umiboshi plums). Better to fix it now before I need a fecal transplant!!

Anyone use/eat probiotics ?

Postby Rose » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:24 am

i don't do well with mosquito or spider bites they tend to swell up a lot depending on how dirty the bug was. either than that i have the basic dust, and an rash when my body comes in to contact with hay. :cry:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Stick deodorant....
I FINALLY found a hypoallgergenic deodorant that isn't spray on... >.>

If I use stick deodorant, I get a rash on my underarms and it itches like crazy... It's so annoying. But I like this one stuff I found that's a gel....

Postby Hero » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:05 pm

I'm allergic to vague topics. Aaayyy lmao

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 2:27 pm

:grin_wink: Hi, the name is Hero!

Postby Hocus Pocus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:03 pm

I'm allergic to no new topics. ^.^

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:27 pm

ha,ha - now I get why Ryvii did a new topic thread! hee, hee

Hocus, I think we often put new topics in the same old threads, I know I keep meaning to do a new thread, I'm just laaaazzzzyyy.

Postby Hocus Pocus » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:04 pm

I know I saw it. Haha, tis awesome though that she did that.
We just need to people and things to say. I don't have anything to say most of the time so I've been reaching for topics. lol

Postby Mousy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:19 pm

I'm allergic to shellfish and really anything that goes on your body that is scented. Laundry detergent, lotions, body wash, hair products, etc. I also have reactions to scents that are too strong. Like when I was in school, I used to get asthma attacks if a teacher had a glade wall plug-in or if a kid used perfume or lotion in class and I absolutely CAN NOT go into craft stores around christmas time. Cinnamon is a killer. X_X
uhhhh I get really, really itchy and hives if tomatoes and cucumbers touch my skin, but I can eat them just fine.
I feel like there are a lot of other things that I'm allergic/have reactions to, but I just can't think of them right now. XD

Local time: Thu May 02, 2024 12:27 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:15 pm

I have trouble with scents too...and I love to eat cucumbers and tomato's but they don't love me back. So sad, people can think they are smelling nice and not realize they are almost killing someone else by causing an asthmatic attack. Worse yet they don't get the hint when you start coughing and choking to remove themselves. Guess that could fall under pet peeves

Postby Hocus Pocus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Mousy: Wow that sounds like a hard time Mousy. That's strange that your skin only reacts to tomatoes and cucumbers. I could eat tomatoes all day long. o.o Does it bother your lips?

@Lemon: I think people spray perfume directly on their bodies. I walk into mine ever since my boyfriend told me I was too fruity. I thought it smelled nice. >.>

Next

Return to The Lounge