The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

What are you allergic to?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: What are you allergic to?

Postby Gingerale » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:27 pm

I get seasonal hay fever.

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 3:59 pm

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:37 pm

That seem similar to pollen allergy :worry: but I hope these gets better

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 7:59 am

Postby galled » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:48 pm

I'm prettry much allegic to anything small enough to float around in the air! Thankfully no food allegies tho.

Server Administrator

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 4:59 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Cilencio Cerbera » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:19 pm

Ohhh like dust and stuff

Does wearing a mask helps?

Local time: Tue May 07, 2024 7:59 am

Postby galled » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:40 pm

Yep, plus pretty much everything that grows (I've been tested and see an allegist). I'm much better now (don't even need anti-histamines any more). Masks helped, but eyes suffered too (goggles worked), but it was so terrible to stay indoors as much as possible certain times of the year. It was debilitating!

Server Administrator

Postby Arc » Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:46 am

I don't have any allergies, as far as I'm aware. :'o

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 6:59 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:52 am

I think I am allergic to chili powder ... around my mouth seems to break out like hives when I eat food with chili seasonings ... but it tastes so good!

Postby JinMay » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:23 pm

I'm allergic to dairy unfortunately and the sun! I am being very serious by the way. I'm not saying I'm allergic to the sun as a 'I'm a vampire and like to stay indoors all day' kind or thing. I'm allergic in the sense that I break out in red rashes on my body that are super itchy to the point that I bleed. :(

My Discord
thebossrimi

Tell me who you are and we can be friends on there maybe? :heart:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:38 pm

Oh no JinMay! I know people can get rashes from the sun but I didn't know they could get rashes so bad!

I remember with certain medications the prescription says to avoid the sun because it can cause hives & skin sensitivity.
Do you have to wear long sleeves & hats when you are in the sun then? Can you last a short time ok, like 10-15 min?
Have you discovered what exactly causes it, like your sweat or melatonin or something? Does it become more severe during certain seasons when the sun is hotter?? I am intrigued.

Postby JinMay » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:04 am

I definitely have to wear hats and long sleeves when I'm outside. Sometimes I don't because it's too hot and it's not long before I start getting rashes and start itching. I've tried sunscreen but it doesn't help.

Hmm.. 10-15 minutes? I'm not sure. I went to the zoo once and honestly I don't know how much time passed before I started scratching at my skin. I'll have to keep a timer next time, but I don't think I could last that long, probably like 5 minutes before I start feeling uncomfortable.

I haven't discovered what causes it, no. I just know I have it because I started looking up symptoms online and web MD popped up and it said that I basically am allergic to the sun and that the bumps I get on my skin that itch are due to sun poisoning. Being in the shade can offer temporary relief. Long sleeves are essential. But if I look up what causes sun allergy, this is what comes up: "Causes of sun allergy include immune system reactions to sunlight, certain medications and chemicals that make the skin more sensitive to the sun. It isn't clear why some people have a sun allergy and others don't. Inherited traits may play a role."

It's usually the worst in the hottest times of the year. So like, June, July, August. But it's pretty annoying year round unless it's super cold, then it's not too too bad.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:33 pm

If it is in the hotter seasons then it sounds like the heat can be impacting it then.
I wonder if you went somewhere in the winter that was colder if the sun would still make you itch?

I don't know how you can fix it other then covering up like you do. That is so sad because you wouldn't be able to enjoy a day at the beach probably. Or does being in the salt water counter act it I wonder ... or make it worse? So curious now.

Postby galled » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:14 pm

I wonder if SPF100 might help?

Server Administrator

Postby JinMay » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:16 pm

@Lemon Cheesecake It depends. My body doesn't do good in cold weather either. Well, I only been to the mountains where there was snow and it was so bad. I had tiny icicles in my knees from how cold it was, and my body ached so bad. It was not fun.

I've been to the beach a few times but I don't get in the water, too scary. I just try to stay in a shady spot somewhere and watch everyone else have fun. It is really sad but I try to make the most of it, you know?

galled SPF100? I've never seen that before, but I'd be open to trying it out. o:

Postby galled » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:57 pm

It's cheap enough to try. There are many brands that offer it; Coppertone, Banana Boat, etc.. Lot's of generic brands too. Good luck and I hope it works!

Server Administrator

Postby JinMay » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:11 pm

If I remember, I'll check the pharmacy tomorrow when I pick up some pain killers. Maybe I can find one and buy it to try. Thank you for the recommendation!

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge