The place to relax and hold discussions about specific topics, and conversations, or to just have a nice little chat!

What holidays do you celebrate?

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: What holidays do you celebrate?

Postby Gorirakujira » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:07 pm

galled wrote:I understand it's pretty difficult to move to Canada.

There are several ways in (what I know of) -

School Visa - which lasts 2-4 years

Work visa - which lasts up to 4 years before renewal process takes place where it is questioned if the job is in lacking skill demand and if it can be fulfiled by a Canadian (anyone with permanent resident status).

Working holiday visa - this is like a work visa but only last 2 years before you must leave. This works like a lotto pool. Every country have x amount of people who can enter Canada each year. For example Canada can only accept 5,000 people from the UK each year on this visa. You enter your details and if accepted you are placed in the pool. Every month they will draw people out and given a visa. Every month they may draw out 1 person or 50 people etc depending on if the cap is reached or the demand is there for your work skills.

Common Law/family/married request - this is anyone currently living in Canada with resident status can sponsor a family member or spouse to enter the country.

Before any of these visas expire you are able to apply for permanent residency which is a further 6 months to 1 year process depending on if they require more information from you or interviews etc.

I entered via the working holiday visa. But soon as I settled in here I started the process of gaining permanent residency as i didnt want a time limit if 2 years...i want to stay or leave at my own leisure :cheer:

Overall it is a long process and a lot of proving who you are. Lots of forms.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:43 pm

Postby galled » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:51 pm

Sounds like you won the lottery. Wow! Congrats!

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:43 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Gorirakujira » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:53 pm

Life is about luck :cheer:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:29 am

Speaking of luck...Chinese New Year begins Feb 5 2019. This year is the year of the pig which means it should be pretty well lucky for everyone.
A sneak peak of what 2019 will be like :
[+] SPOILER
"Rat - A year full of happiness and prosperity!
Ox - A good year for Ox. A time with good opportunities to make money.
Tiger - Born in a strong and independent zodiac sign, as a general rule, you do what you please. This year through, you will need to learn how to come to terms with others.
Rabbit - An excellent year is waiting for you! A bit less wary than usual, you will easily get close to others and make new friends.
Dragon - For you, the impact of the Pig’s calmness will mean a year of reconsiderations.
Snake - This year you’ll have to be combative and persuasive
Horse - The year of the Pig 2019 is going to be more auspicious than the Dog Year 2018 !
Goat - A 2019 year under the mark of chance, when all your ambitions will be fulfilled .
Monkey - A year under the influence of chance !.
Rooster - This year you need to actually pay attention to the quality of your relationships with others, if you want to succeed.
Dog - This year count only on your own efforts in order to succeed.
Pig - The year 2019 is yours, right? Start by setting your priorities and then get to work: once you start moving, you will start seeing results."

https://www.thechinesezodiac.org/astrol ... earth-pig/

Postby Gorirakujira » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:29 pm

Me:

Horse - The year of the Pig 2019 is going to be more auspicious than the Dog Year 2018 !

Hmmmm!

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:36 pm

well then things can only look up and be better in 2019 !!

Previous

Return to The Lounge