Arcade news, bug fixes, and general site updates.

January 2015

Moderator: Systems Admin

January 2015

Postby Diana » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Hey Winners!
Welcome to the future (or, really, the next year).
I hope you all had a fun, safe, and wonderful new years!

I'd like to remind everyone one last time that the Novalian themed items in the Lazarus will be removed at midnight, PST.

The items made for the item design contest will remain for sale for exactly one week (an item will be removed on the 7th, 8th, and 9th of January). The second place item will be released at tonight, 2400 hours PST; the first place item is already available for purchase in the Lazarus.

Since it's been a holiday, and there's been things to draw, I've only made minor updates today:
    While we're on the topic of shops, I've made it so new items show up first, instead of at the bottom of the page. This should hopefully make your shopping experiences a little easier.
    Nobody had brought it up yet, but the search bar in the footer was not working. I do not know for how long this was broken, but I have returned it to its functioning state.
    More email mess cleanup...

We also combined the Lounge and the General Discussion under The Lounge. The two forums were essentially the same thing, it was confusing to people, and The Lounge is a cuter name for it. If you are worried about where your threads have gone, they were moved when we combined them! You'll find them under "The Lounge" in the forums~

Last week we had a few moderators join the team, please treat them kindly. Get to know each of them here!

Site Admin

Local time: Mon May 06, 2024 7:41 pm

Re: January 2015

Postby Diana » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:23 am

Here's some large, friendly letters to let you know:

DONT ♥ PANIC

Today I was moving things around (that you probably don't notice much, but if you do it might be freaky).

Items:
    ♥ The pointed ears were moved to the Glasses layer, instead of hats. It made more sense and allows for you to wear them with hats.
    ♥ Skates were re-arranged so that they can go on top of pants. wow. layers.
    ♥ Boots were also re-arranged so they always layer on top of pants. Hopefully this works out better (leggings and etc will go behind them. They are, after all, high boots that are meant to be shown off!)

Shops:
Sorting is beautiful now. C:
It was getting obnoxious to search through the shops for new items. Earlier, I re-arranged the items so the newest is first, but it was still cluttered between the different categories of items.

♥ I made the buttons for sorting alphabetically or by price toggles, instead of two buttons. This helps reduce clutter. I think it looks much nicer, though it could probably use some more styling...

♥ There's a new sorting option! By category, or type of item! This should make finding the kinds of items you'd like to purchase much easier! If the dropdown doesn't work for you:
    Second, try resetting your cache;

Annd finally:
All the user designed items are in The Lazarus right now! Make sure you purchase these items while you can! These exclusives are only around for one week's time!

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:10 am

Hey everyone,

Giving you a quick heads-up that the user designed exclusives are going to be leaving the shops in the next few days! Starting with the Beary Happy New Ears on the 7th, then the Crownwing Achivement on the 8th, and finally the Obun on the 9th!

Stock up while you can!

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Mid-Weekend Update!

This week we hit 250 members! Woo! You all have a special item in your inventories, as thanks for helping us grow so much!

Thanks to Q-Tea, we were able to add an extra item this weekend. Her sleek ponytail is available from Shears and Scalpel, along with a pair of high pigtails.

Alexander Lazarus and Eve have been fighting hard to bring you some winter items, before it's too late! Check out what they've found so far in the Lazarus!

They found a surplus of fluffy winter boots, so they let Karen have the whole lot. Pick up some new stompers from the second hand shop!

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:20 am

Hey Winners!

We've had a busy weekend here. I was out and about until today, and then was working on homework and some items for the next event!

Because of that, the only news for this week is the addition of the Crew Cut to Shears and Scalpel's hair catalog! Head over for a fresh new 'do!

Speaking of hairs... Alexander and Eve are running out of snowflake dye, so grab the hairs while you can! I predict they'll be gone by the end of the month... And the snow is starting to melt, so hurry up and put on your snowman suit before it's out of style!

Site Admin

Return to Site Updates