Arcade news, bug fixes, and general site updates.

February 2015!

Moderator: Systems Admin

February 2015!

Postby Diana » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:47 pm

The clock strikes midnight and the day changes over into the next... month.
That's right, Winners! January is over, so in comes another month of updates!

As promised, the items in The Lazarus are now gone. I hope you were able to grab some snow themed goodies before they left!

This last week I added pagination on the trading pages (which should help your hub load waaaaaay faster). Go check it out and play around with it!

The rest of this week I've been mass item-creating and working on setting up next event. Love is in the air... I hope you have your feathers ready. ;)

Before we start that event, however, a very important day is here!
Today, the first, is my 18th birthday!
My gift to you all is recolours of my hair style! I hope you enjoy!
You can find them in The Lazarus until the 7th. I would focus on just getting your favourite colours, if I were you, and not worry about collecting them all. I'm sure they'll be back next year...

Site Admin

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:29 am

Re: February 2015!

Postby Diana » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:54 pm

Hey Winners!

Here's a few updates to get this weekend started off!

Lots of shop (function) updates for now!
    First off, some style fixes: Font sizes have been standardized on the items, and the item name is bolded to help differentiate it from the colour/variant.
    If you own an item, an indicator (red "Owned!" label) will show up between the cost for the item and the description.
    You are now able to buy multiple of the same item in the shops! Woo! That should help you with purchasing more gift boxes for the Valentines Day event! To buy more than one item, just keep adding them to your cart!

In honor of Valentines Day tomorrow, a new item has been added into the giftboxes. These special wings will only be available until Monday night and will not be in The Lazarus with the rest of the items at the end of the event. They have the same chance as the rest of the items. Be sure to stop by this weekend!

Other news:
    The notifications button on the sidebar has been temporarily renamed "Unread Threads" for clarity.
    We installed and enabled dynamic data compression yesterday. This should help page load be faster.

We have had a lot of new users join recently!

To the new members: If we didn't stop by one of your threads yet, (or you haven't made one) I'd like to say a big welcome to Windlyn from all of the staff!

Veteran users, please help new users if they're confused on anything.

For everyone: if you've got some time, ZombieBunny's started a newbie guide that could use a little more fleshing out. If you think of anything (or have questions) you think most new users would ask, please mention it in that thread so we can make a full guide!

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:39 pm

As promised, the wings have been removed from the gift boxes! I hope you were able to snag a pair before they went away! If not, you might be able to track down a member willing to part with them...

The rest of the gift box items will be available from the boxes until the 21st. I suspect many of you have most, if not all the items already, but if you don't they'll be added to The Lazarus on the evening of the 19th so you can pick up what you are missing.

I believe I fixed the broken profile issue this weekend. Please let me know if you see more blank pages when visiting profiles (or any other pages for that matter)!

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:01 am

Gong Hei Fat Choi!

Today is the start of the lunar new year for a large part of the world.

Wishing you prosperity in the year of the sheep/ram/goat, I've thrown together some quick sheep themed items for you!

Pick up a plush toy so large you'll have to use your whole body weight to carry, or a red envelope (no money in it this time, sorry!) from The Lazarus! These items will stay in the shop until February 26th (one week from today).

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:37 pm

Hey Winners!
It's already Friday! You know what that means-- pre-weekend updates!

It feels like last Friday was yesterday...

Shops:
    As promised, all the items from the mystery gift boxen (sans the wings) are now able to be purchased from The Lazarus. Stop by to pick up items you might have missed! They will only be up until midday Sunday, Feb. 22nd.

I also fixed up the "Owned" feature a little more. Before, it was just showing items you've bought or received-- not actually what was in your inventory. Now if you have 0 (none) of an item in your inventory the owned label will not show up in the shops for that item.

Gifting:
    Now the gift history information isn't a link to nowhere. hooray.

Profiles
    The wrapping was weird for post profiles (user info on the side of a post) for odd numbered posts. I've restyled it a little so it fits on the designated area.
    Full profiles should no longer load blank pages and the avatars should show up right away!

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Monday means... end of weekend updates!

I've been working on optimizing some pages (mainly things to do with avatar images). I played with the sidebar a bit, your avatar now takes up the full box and it should help pages load faster (whoopee!), and the post-profiles in the threads should be a little quicker now.
I also played around a little with removing repeated code from trading and gifting, but there shouldn't be any noticeable changes.

I spent the rest of the weekend drawing.
There's a new set of hairs out tonight, and ZombieBunny gave me a hand and made some headbands. There are a few more items ready to go, but I'll leave them in storage for now to give y'all a break after the Valentines Day event. ;)

On another drawing-related note... I think it's more than time to give Shears and Scalpel a better image, to make this friendly playful(?) couple take shape! I'll update as I get to another stage of their art, but for now you'll see them in their shop as follows:

And finally, just a reminder, the sheep items will be removed from The Lazarus on the 26th (Thursday). You have until then to give all those cute plushies a nice home!

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:09 am

The Lunar New Year items (sheep!) have been officially removed from The Lazarus. I hope you were able to pick up what you wanted before they left!

I believe the shop will be empty for the next while, until the next event, but I have a few other items I'll be releasing in the next few days into the regular shops.

In other news: The "restore" and "strip" buttons in the avatar editor now update the preview for the shops as well (given you are using the same browser for trying items on in both areas).

Site Admin

Return to Site Updates