Arcade news, bug fixes, and general site updates.

March 2015

Moderator: Systems Admin

March 2015

Postby Diana » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:52 pm

Hey Winners!
Welcome to March!

I'm sorry for the lack of updates lately, I had midterms the last two weeks, and finals in two more weeks.
During this time, we haven't had any feature updates. I'm still drawing our shopkeepers and new items, of course.

Speaking of items... we have a nice, lucky event coming up (how appropriate this is thread 700...) Please stay tuned!

On another note, over the weekend we hit the milestone of 60k posts! You guys are amazing. Keep being awesome!

Site Admin

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:39 am

Re: March 2015

Postby Diana » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:32 pm

Happy Pi Day from the Windlyn Team!
It’s the Pi day of the century!

Today, 3/14/15, at 9:26:54 will be the longest digits of Pi until 2114!

So, being huge nerds ourselves, we have decided to celebrate with all of you! In the spirit of the brevity of this moment, for today only, we will have Pi day exclusive pies up in the lazarus! In order to help keep your feathers without decimals, the Pi pies will be on sale for the truncated (rounded, or integer value, for those of you at home) value of PI: 3 feathers.

Pick up one, or pick up many (You can never have too much pie), they’ll only be on sale until the 15th! We understand some of you are in different time zones (for you Pi day has passed or will come a bit later), so we’ll wait until midday PST to remove the items.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m still going through finals, but we’re all working hard on bringing you the St. Patricks day mini-event and more items. Another pair of pants have made their way into the second hand shop to stay! Grab a pair when you pass through, I’ve heard they look lovely with tall shoes. ;)

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Hey Winners!

Hope you had a chance to nab those awesome Pi Day items! They have officially left The Lazarus now. :)

Also, in lieu of St. Patrick's Day, Lime's going to be hosting a little lottery so you can try and win some feathers for the wee holiday. It'll run the day before through to the day after St. Pat's! So the 16-18th!
Hope to see you there, and good luck!

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:03 am

Hey all,
I'm performing some maintenance right now (since there's fewer users online). We'll be up and down for the next hour or so. Please be patient and tread carefully!

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:51 am

Aaaand we're back!

The changes I just merged are more behind-the-scenes, and hopefully the first batch of many as spring break approaches for me.

Most noticebly for you all is the colour palette has been revamped.
    Some of you have chosen to use colours that are hard to read on Windlyn, and we weren't giving very good options for you to use. Our bad!
    It's been updated to include less saturated colours, so it doesn't hurt your eyes to read the text. Never fear, the colours still look nice and bright compared to the background!
    Here's a picture of the before and after, if you missed it:
    Nevermind the testing text. More fun than lorem ipsum...

More colour updates: very minor, but quote boxes are now a much less saturated colour. I forgot to take a before/after comparison, so you'll just have to trust me on that.
Please note:
    It may take a bit for the new palette to cache in place of the old one. You can speed it along by clearing your browser's cache. Always remember to re-enable caching, or all your pages will take extra long to load as they have to load everything from scratch every time!

Pinging:
    I have edited the mentions button to always use proper format and force spaces for parsing. This should help everyone use the system properly. After the rest of my finals, I'm going to track down where bbcodes are being parsed, and make it work with newlines, tabs, and other indenting and whitespace as well as spaces. I'll also work on making the button more visible, perhaps renaming it to "Ping this user" since that's what it is more commonly known by.

For anyone who wasn't aware, the pinging button can be found when you are drafting a post (full edit page) by any username who posted in the conversation:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminders:
    You only have one more day (and a few more hours, really,) to participate in the St. Patrick's Day mini-event! The lottery is a great way to earn some feathers, and doesn't cost you anything, so why not join in?
    The holiday items in The Lazarus will remain for sale until the 23rd, so no rush!

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:35 pm

Hey Winners!

Thanks for being so patient with us while we brought the server back up yesterday.
We're scheduling maintenance for tomorrow night (Monday, March 23rd), so the site will be temporarily offline.

We said earlier this week that the St Patrick's day items in The Lazarus would be going away on the 23rd, but because of the maintenance we'll extend their time until the night of the 24th.

Site Admin

Postby Diana » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:59 pm

As promised, the St. Patrick's day items have been removed from The Lazarus today. We hope you were able to pick up everything you wanted!

There are some new items in the second hand shop to tide you over until the next event... ;)

Site Admin

Return to Site Updates