Love reading, gaming, or making crafts? Talk about your hobbies here. This is the place for all the things you do!

Roller skate maniac

Moderator: Ryvvi

Roller skate maniac

Postby Bassy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:19 pm

I been through trying to find my one hobby I am so obsessed with.. I first tried Crochet. I had an interest and I just practiced the basics. It was fun but it didn't stick. Yeah a waste of money there. I went to painting. I love it. It still sticks to me, but I lack of inspiration. I think I need to go through m pinterest board again. But then there was a light at the end...Roller skating! I love roller skating. I go to the rink at least once a week to have some fun for myself. :D

Are there roller skaters? Maniacs like me lol?

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:27 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: Roller skate maniac

Postby Diana » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:41 pm

I used to love rollerblading! I did it on the street/bike trails though. I've never been to a roller rink. One of the girls at my work is trying to make a roller derby team though. haha.
Do you do skating around the rink, or play a game?

Site Admin

Local time: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:27 pm

Postby Bassy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:44 pm

I skate around the rink. The roller rink sometimes put on dance music like YMCA, chicken dance, gagnam style, cha cha slide, etc. I never really skated on concrete.. well not really good like I do on a rink. I am working on just getting some basic tricks down. Im trying to do crossovers and skate on one foot.

Postby Diana » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:50 pm

That's fun! Do you dance to the music?
ahh, trick skating. I skated in a straight line, and that's about it. My balance is not too great. haha.

Site Admin

Postby Bassy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:55 pm

Jam skating seems fun, which is the technical term for dance skate. I know no tricks for that lol.
My balance is still weak, I'm working on it. Skating on one foot requires more control of your foot because it wiggles a lot when I try to keep my foot straight.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:44 pm

I go with her sometimes and she's better than I am, lol.

I wish I had a sense of balance, but I did get a little better. I stopped holding onto a wall a lot. I still stay close and I still hold onto it getting on and off the rink.

Postby Watery Star » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:51 pm

I was never good at roller skating. It used to be popular for a time when I was a kid. It was embarrassing trying to skate. My mom got me a pair of roller skates that I ended up giving to a friend because I wasn't getting any better at it. Never wanted the skates to begin with.
Anyway it's cool you enjoy it. I didn't know roller rinks were still a thing. (How old do I sound? XP)

Postby Bassy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:01 pm

I had a thought cross my mind, thinking that I could one day manage my own skating rink, and maybe develop a skating derby league (I just thought of this lol) and the league to maybe be of recreational thing. There could be lessons on how to skate and even have private lessons maybe. What am I gonna do with my life? lol

Postby Watery Star » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:10 am

That sounds like a nice idea. Do you know anywhere in your city where you could have your rink at?

Postby Bassy » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:39 am

Yep, there is quite some land for sale near the expo here. But I would want to do it somewhere else, maybe in my college town or some other place. If I want, I could do it here but it is such a small town

Postby galled » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Start working out the numbers. You don't need exact numbers, but if you get all of your numbers in ball park figures, you'll see if it's worth trying to find out more specifics. If for nothing else, it'll give you a framework to evaluate investments in the future that you might be interested in pursuing.

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Bassy » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:09 pm

BUt it's just an idea. I'm not putting any starting into it. I havent even had my new major classes to start learning about this major. I have had ideas of becoming a district manager, or a chairman of some camp or other things under parks & rec

Return to Hobbies