Love reading, gaming, or making crafts? Talk about your hobbies here. This is the place for all the things you do!

DIY stuff for Valentine's Day

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: DIY stuff for Halloween

Postby Pastrami » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:44 pm

I went to a Halloween get together a few days ago and the lady who owned the house is very crafty so she made a bunch of DIY stuff to decorate with. She made spell books with paint, hot glue, and old books, she made a spell book where the pages were flying out of it like flames, she made floating candles, she made jars full of fake organs and she made cookies in the shape of bones.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:28 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:01 pm

wow! that sounds so cool! (sounds like lots of work to but if her guests were like you and noticed the details then I am sure she felt it was well worth the time)

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:28 am

Postby Pastrami » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:20 pm

She loves doing things like that. She actually makes costumes a lot (I think as a living too) so she's always sewing or making something. I actually helped her a smidge because she used a black light to make things extra spooky and she wanted the jars to glow lettering so people would be able to see what it says, so I told her maybe a highlighter would work and it did. She then grabbed all her jars that supposed to look like organs or gore and went over the letters. I remember she told me the 'mummy skin' jar is just potato peelings that she put in the oven for a while so it looked like dried flesh

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:02 pm

sounds like she would be a good to go to resource person and great you came up with some ideas to help her. The local town should hire her for their haunted house ( I think most towns have a haunted house? I know our area does.)

Re: DIY stuff for Christmas & Hanukkah

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:24 am

Snowman soup Poem:

[+] SPOILER
Snowman Soup
Was told you've been real good this year.
Always glad to hear it!
With freezing weather drawing near,
You'll need to warm the spirit.

So here's a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick.
Add hot water, sip it slow.
It's sure to do the trick!

Instead of using the marshmallows try using the hot chocolate packet with marshmallows and adding the candy cane and chocolate kisses.
http://christmas.organizedhome.com/craf ... owman-soup

Re: DIY stuff for Valentine's Day

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:13 pm

got any favorite Valentine desserts ? - take a photo and show us if you can!

Do you make your own Valentine cards?

Got any good ideas for a Valentine treat to hand out?

Postby mdom » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:31 am

I like puns for valentine cards xD

so yours could be... 'lemdominate you' xDD or something equally cheesy and terrible.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:28 pm

by Valentine Strange

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:46 am

<snickers> that could be yours too!

I've kept the valentine pun chibi card that one of our Windlyn members made in her request thread - I think it was our first Valentine's day - we probably still have the thread with the postings. They were VERY cute puns.

Gizzie has the Valentine card with moving hearts that she did - last year I think? She has hers in her sig sometimes but maybe in her guestbook tab of her profile? (I'll have to double check that). She added moving snow to the image I sent her and I keep that under the guestbook tab.

Postby Watery Star » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:48 pm

I like making cards. I've made Eagle a Valentine's day card in the past but he doesn't like cards. I still might doodle something just to be silly.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:28 pm

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:46 pm

pin the card to you and tell him you are his present :wink:

Postby Polaris » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:17 pm

I always find myself default baking stuff for Valentines day. This year, I'm gonna try out making heart-shaped lava cakes. Nothing too flashy, just lava cakes with a dusting of either cocoa powder or powdered sugar if I still have any

I wanna try my hand at baking macarons or maybe some rose shaped meringues someday though

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Cookies are always a good choice! (I'd be happy to receive them). Let us know how the lava ones turn out.

I watched a cooking show on the macaroons being made, it didn't look all that difficult.
We can fortunately buy them here in the stores but I bet fresh homemade would be absolutely de -lish!

Postby Watery Star » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 pm

I took home a lava cake from the restaurant we were at tonight. Reheated it too long and it got charred inside instead of being gooey :/

I've that macaroons are actually tricky to make. Could be perfecting them is the hard part.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:28 pm

Postby Gingerale » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:06 pm

oh no! Could you add some ice cream and eat the cake on the outside?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:28 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:04 pm

you know, when you watch something being cooked it always looks easier then it is!

PreviousNext

Return to Hobbies