Love reading, gaming, or making crafts? Talk about your hobbies here. This is the place for all the things you do!

Learning languages

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Learning languages

Postby Akuyi » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:16 am

I once tried learning Japanese using Duolingo. I used it every day for like, two or three months. Then I stopped. Forever.

I learned that learning another language takes more patience than I have. Image

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

Questing with my trusty steed Oculus in the lands of Vee-Ar.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:37 pm

I wanna learn Irish... tried on Duolingo and maaaaaaan, it can be downright difficult! I might still give it a go. I love everything Irish, and it's not just because that's where some of my ancestors came from, lol.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:47 am

Postby Arc » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:16 pm

I learned Spanish in high school, studied Chinese for a month then quit, have been studying Japanese for a little over 5 years, and I'd love to learn Swedish and Russian some day. :3

Postby Kayukizo » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:01 pm

I remember when I was a third-year college student, we had foreign subjects during summer classes, I learned basic Spanish, it was difficult to learn :cry: but I passed the final grade, while Japanese language was a little bit easier to learn and memorize the katakana and hiragana, also handwriting practice, it went well, I enjoyed it. Until now, I can't remember anymore, I want to relearn again someday.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:47 am

Postby Arc » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:26 pm

Arc wrote:I learned Spanish in high school, studied Chinese for a month then quit, have been studying Japanese for a little over 5 years, and I'd love to learn Swedish and Russian some day. :3

I started learning Swedish last week and it's been interesting.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:27 pm

Bonjour!

Good for you, Arc! I am always amazed with people who learn multiple languages ... and retain it.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:47 am

Postby Arc » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:27 am

I'm surprised that I've retained some Spanish although I haven't studied it since high school. I study/ review Japanese everyday but I feel like I'm starting to forget some of what I've learned. @-@

Postby TheFellowsheep » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:52 am

Mi español es por partes de carros y comida, jaja. I used to be basic conversational in it thanks to growing up in a Latino heavy area. But now? I just know some basics, and specific (ex) work related things. I can still piece it together.

I wanna get back to learning ASL, since I started that during the pandemic but I just don't have the time to sit down and practice with others who are available online. It'd also be great to pick up my Korean again, too. I just love how that language sounds and feels to produce.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:47 am

Previous

Return to Hobbies