Love reading, gaming, or making crafts? Talk about your hobbies here. This is the place for all the things you do!

Luna's Photography

Moderator: Ryvvi

Luna's Photography

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Luna's Photography!
Some where taken from my cell phone others from my Nikon camera.
[+] SPOILER
Will add more when I find them all =]
New photos
[+] SPOILER

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:44 am

05/27/2010 <3

Re: Luna's Photography

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:03 pm

I love light houses!

Looks like your fascination might be cloud forms? I love how the Windlyn header has the twilight and sunset colors of clouds. Cloud formations can be so amazing.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:44 pm

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:15 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:I love light houses!

Looks like your fascination might be cloud forms? I love how the Windlyn header has the twilight and sunset colors of clouds. Cloud formations can be so amazing.

Thanks, and what light houses ? the one that just has one or the one that has two father away ?
yes cloud formations are amazing :)

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:18 pm

Was one zoomed in? Are there two at the entrance to the bay? The one of the bay has that nostalgic look to it...perfect for a post card!

I think I have a photo of the light house nearest us somewhere... most light houses are now automatically run and don't need a light house keeper anymore. I met someone who was the last of the light house keepers around us. But I do hear there still are light house keepers in some remote places.

You inspired me to go outside and try to capture some more photo's! Too bad we aren't suppose to be travelling right now...the wildflowers in the areas near by are spectacular this time of year!... Guess I will have to make do with what is around me & keep a record that way. :wink:

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:24 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Was one zoomed in? Are there two at the entrance to the bay? The one of the bay has that nostalgic look to it...perfect for a post card!

I think I have a photo of the light house nearest us somewhere... most light houses are now automatically run and don't need a light house keeper anymore. I met someone who was the last of the light house keepers around us. But I do hear there still are light house keepers in some remote places.

You inspired me to go outside and try to capture some more photo's! Too bad we aren't suppose to be travelling right now...the wildflowers in the areas near by are spectacular this time of year!... Guess I will have to make do with what is around me & keep a record that way. :wink:

Oh yea that one and yes there is another picture of a lighthouse in a photo collage. But in the one your talking about I took that photo from my hotel rooms window that was 3 blocks away. I was bored waiting for my grandma to get ready for dinner and a water side drive. I wish I could also go out just for a walk to take some picture but can't because they are saying you can only leave your house either shop, see the doctors, and if you have pets that need to be taken out for the bathroom.

Postby galled » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:44 pm

Thanks for exhibiting your work!

Your sense of composition is excellent! Each photo in this set, I'd describe as haunting. Your use of color and desaturation add to the effect/feel I get. Did you study design or are you self-taught?

Thanks for sharing!

Server Administrator

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:53 pm

galled wrote:Thanks for exhibiting your work!

Your sense of composition is excellent! Each photo in this set, I'd describe as haunting. Your use of color and desaturation add to the effect/feel I get. Did you study design or are you self-taught?

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, and I am self-taught. I took a photography class in high school that's about it.

Postby Polaris » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:54 pm

Amazing stuff! Have you thought about joining a local Photography Club/Society/Group to showcase your photographs and meet other photographers?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:44 pm

Quest Thread

"Smile at me when you see this flower later..."

Image(click for artist)

Postby LunaLovegood » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Polaris wrote:Amazing stuff! Have you thought about joining a local Photography Club/Society/Group to showcase your photographs and meet other photographers?

Thank you <3 =]
Not really I just like doing it for the calming effect it has on be plus I might just be to shy to show chase my work like that. Also just taking the photos is enough for me and having them seen by family and friends is also amazing. But hey you never know maybe one day I'll show case some of my stuff but for right now I am good.

Postby galled » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:41 pm

You either had a good teacher or you're a good student--probably both! :)

Nice job! Looking forward to seeing your other work as you share.

Server Administrator

Postby LunaLovegood » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:51 pm

galled wrote:You either had a good teacher or you're a good student--probably both! :)

Nice job! Looking forward to seeing your other work as you share.

I'm not to sure about that my teacher was a giant dick and though he was better then his students because he almost made it big in the photography world. But I got some pointers from my step-dad and one of his old photography buddies.

But I think it mostly dumb luck =P

Postby LunaLovegood » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:58 pm

New photos up !

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:43 pm

Did you use a red filter on the rainbow photo is it a red haze from smoke from fire?

The waterfall is very cool, makes me want to go there! Did you use a blue filter on it or is that from the natural light? do you recall?

Postby LunaLovegood » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:02 pm

Lemon Cheesecake wrote:Did you use a red filter on the rainbow photo is it a red haze from smoke from fire?

The waterfall is very cool, makes me want to go there! Did you use a blue filter on it or is that from the natural light? do you recall?

The rainbow one I took with an old flip phone I had and that is how it came out. The water fall one I'm not really sure why it came out that way I took that picture of the rocky waterfall at nighttime with the flash off with my Nikon camera, later when I came home from my vacation and I looked threw all the photos, that was one of the only one that came out like that.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:36 pm

Interesting...its like the water is alive with moon glow! Almost like someone had illuminated the water with lights like they do for fountains. Does it bring back memories?

Next

Return to Hobbies