Love reading, gaming, or making crafts? Talk about your hobbies here. This is the place for all the things you do!

Collecting things

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Collecting things

Postby RinLin » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:40 pm

Too much! XD
I collect
-Dolls; Disney ones by Simba, Monster High, Ever After High, BJDs, anime dolls (Sailor Moon).
-My Little Pony; All generations and fakies as well. <3
-Anime figurines; I have a shitload. xD
-Dragons; So pwetty. <3
-Butterflies; Bit real ones, but I like stuff with them on. <3
-Manga; You can never get too many!
-Other fandom stuff; Dr Who, Batman, X-men, Star Wars... You name it. xD Anything Blizzard.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 pm

:heart: Tumblr :heart:
Genderqueer. They/Them.
Ping/quote me, so I don't lose you.
Feel free to add me, I love new friends.
Newbie Charity | Closet | Shinies | Art & Crafts

Postby Watery Star » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:17 am

Thought I posted in here before.

I collect anime goods: Dolls, figures, have some playing cards and trading cards.
Manga,I have a lot.I want to finish the series I've already started and only get manga that's the same theme as my comic(for reference).
I got a graphic novel recently called Delilah Dirk and the Turkish Lieutenant but it's the only graphic novel I have.
I need a bookcase or shelving unit before I can collect much else.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 pm

Postby Pastrami » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:54 am

I usually collect things like watches, books, currencies, and little knick knacks I get from my travels

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 pm

Postby ciel » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:19 pm

i collect stickers LOL
maybe i'll drag them out and put a photo up
i considered buying a book to stick them all in, but never got around to it. i think it would be nicer to have just one book full of stickers than a drawer full of sticker sheets haha
but at the same time there is something deeply satisfying about a complete sticker sheet that i can't quite explain.

image wew
i put the more complete sheets near the front and then theres kind of a pile in the upper left of partially used sheets
i particularly love the petit charat and piano cat ones Q__Q
oh and the unit 01 eva and jolteon ones i made myself :3
[+] SPOILER

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 am

Postby Watery Star » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:37 am

So many cute stickers!
I like the look of a full sticker sheet too. I use to have a sticker book. After I filled it up my desire for collecting stickers waned. I could see myself getting back into it if I picked up a couple anime stickers though. I moved on to collecting pins, which I forgot to mention earlier. I don't know where I put my pin collection though. I think I left it at my parent's. -_-

Postby galled » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:52 am

That's an awesome collection! I know what you mean about keeping them intact--it's kind of like keeping a toy in the original box. That's why you need to buy two everything--one to keep and one to play with! ;)

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby ciel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:08 pm

watery
pins are cool, when i was younger i had this machine that could make pins! it worked best with pictures from magazines because the paper was glossy. i used to buy anime magazines and make pins from the pictures haha

galled
yeah T__T it's funny because back when i was buying them i didn't think to collect them, i just really liked covering everything with stickers. but i eventually got to the point where some stickers i liked too much to use, so i ended up just keeping them and the collection grew

Postby Watery Star » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:47 pm

Cool! I'd like something like that ^^

Once I get my display case put together and my collectibles placed in it I'll take pictures.

Postby dragoness129 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:25 pm

I put the stickers I collect into a scrapbook just for the stickers. It is nice to have them in one place to look at.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 pm

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby Mousy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:05 pm

I would have never thought to collect stickers! But I do have a few sheets that I can't bear to use because they are so cute. XD

That is an awesome collection. The sticker scrapbook is a great idea!

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:16 pm

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:29 am

I should really try to sell some of the stuff I've collected. I was talking to someone who has sold Barbie dolls for thousands of dollars!! I don't have anything worth that kind of money though.

Postby Watery Star » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:39 am

$1,000? Really? I wonder how much my mom's Barbie's are worth.

I have a doll (Card Captor Sakura), well two dolls that are the same except for the outfit shes wearing. Decided to keep one and sell the other because it's worth a bit more then I originally payed for it. Didn't have any luck the first time I listed it on eBay. I think I need to advertise and find someone interested in it.

Besides that, there's only a couple other things I'd part with. Things I got because they were cheap anime goods but I'm not that attached to.

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:16 pm

I think it all depends on the condition and if you have original boxes. But it may be worth looking into your Mom's doll collection to see if she can get anything for them.

I have Beanie Babies and that seems to go in cycles whether they are worth anything or not. Like when they originally came out in the McDonalds kids meals too,

Postby Watery Star » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:08 pm

I looked up the two that I could remember and neither are even worth the original price even mint in box. Maybe it's the cycle like you said. Doesn't matter right now as I don't think she plans on selling anything at least not yet.

Postby snack cake » Fri May 03, 2019 11:03 pm

My mom calls it hoarding :angry:

but I'm addicted to collecting gachapon toys. I'm so bad. If I notice there's a new machine or just new cellphone straps in it, I'll collect all the quarters and make a beeline for it. Now, you basically buy the goodies which is more dangerous, so I.. like to online window shop.

Same thing with those blind boxes. I'm a nutcase for cute trinkets.

PreviousNext

Return to Hobbies