Love reading, gaming, or making crafts? Talk about your hobbies here. This is the place for all the things you do!

Collecting things

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Collecting things

Postby npixelz » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:04 am

Sonic 06

Idk why they hate it

But Silver seems loved despite the game hate

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:04 am

Currently seeking event items
Minecraft guild
Owner of many titles
Creator of many forum games
The Fairy Garden is my main place, but you'll also find me in other hangouts
Lastly, much love to everyone, and remember; Positive Mental Attitude!
Keep being awesome
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby Arc » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:38 pm

That's good at least! :'O

Postby npixelz » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:06 am

Yeeeeee

Postby Arc » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:41 am

I've accumulated a decent stack of business cards from local artists and small businesses.

Postby galled » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:19 am

Arc wrote:I've accumulated a decent stack of business cards from local artists and small businesses.

You should make your own! It may seem "old fashioned" but it's so important--as an artist you can show off your creativity and provides your contact info. Get a google voice number and make a business gmail account. If you have a website, add it too.

Super cheap here:
https://www.vistaprint.com/business-cards

I highly recommend a business card for everyone--saves so much time... and reduces the likelihood of getting lost.

Server Administrator

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:04 pm

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby Arc » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 am

I made business cards back in college and have only given out 1. @-@

I don't do art for others and don't have much to show for myself, so I feel like passing out business cards would be false advertising. ^^;

BUT, I found my pack of business cards a few weeks ago and thought it wouldn't hurt to make new ones for the hell of it, so it's something to consider.

Postby npixelz » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 am

I'd collect plushies if my mom let me

Postby Arc » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am

Aww. :'/

Just any plushies or is there a certain character or brand you'd like to collect?

Postby galled » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am

Arc wrote:I made business cards back in college and have only given out 1. @-@

One new job, one new friend, or one new lead makes the time and expense totally worth it.

I've found if you don't carry a couple with you at all times, I'd never give any out. ;)

Server Administrator

Postby Arc » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

I used to carry them with me everywhere but felt too shy to pass them out. @-@

There's some animation and illustration events happening in the next few months. It wouldn't hurt to have some cards on me for then. Who knows what could happen? o-o

Postby galled » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

I'd typically only give them out to someone I connected with (had a conversation with--and at the end unless I'm purposely meeting them, where I'd give it to them when we first say hello/shake hands). Other times people would give me their card and I'd naturally give mine back in exchange even if I probably wouldn't call/contact the person giving me their cards.

Today I give out a couple to everyone I give one to. You'd be really surprised how many jobs I've gotten from someone else passing my card around.

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am

Pokemon plushies mainly

Postby Arc » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 am

galled wrote:Today I give out a couple to everyone I give one to. You'd be really surprised how many jobs I've gotten from someone else passing my card around.

This isn't a bad idea! :'O And it's nice of them to pass your cards around to other people. My storyboarding instructor told us that this is how he found a lot of opportunities, as well.

npixelz, why won't your mom let you collect the plushies? :c

Postby galled » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:00 am

Arc wrote:This isn't a bad idea! :'O And it's nice of them to pass your cards around to other people. My storyboarding instructor told us that this is how he found a lot of opportunities, as well.

They do because (I am told) that they love the work I've done for them (although I've had others who I haven't worked for (timing, etc.) do so because I've impressed them to some degree--much depends on attitude especially if you don't have a lot of experience). Good help is hard to find (even more so today it seems) so when someone finds someone good, they're happy to spread the good fortune around (so to speak) to their friends and associates--positive spiral stuff.

Use what works! Small changes in the right direction will become the big change you seek. That's the way it works--no one can wholesale change everything at once. :wink:

Server Administrator

Postby npixelz » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:45 am

Because she doesn't want my displays to be too cluttered. She said I could get more figures and plushies if I consistently clean my room, but I keep forgetting, so it's partly my fault

Previous

Return to Hobbies