Talk about all things video game related here.

【刀剣乱舞-ONLINE-】Touken Ranbu Discussion

Moderator: Ryvvi

【刀剣乱舞-ONLINE-】Touken Ranbu Discussion

Postby Mys » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Pssst! We now have a guild clubs.php?mode_clubs=info&cid=40

Welp since I've come across some other fellow saniwas I've decided to open up a discussion thread for Touken Ranbu. ShiroGEM murmurlade

Touken Ranbu is a browser based game developed by DMM and Nitroplus. To put it simply, you bring to life ancient Japanese swords and train them up in order to defeat evil forces that are trying to change history.
If you haven't joined but have any questions, you can still post here ^_^

Rules
╳ Keep everything Touken Ranbu related.
╳ Be friendly to all members.
╳ Don't spam.
╳ Follow all other Windlyn rules.

Useful links
Official English Wiki
Japanese Wiki
Official Twitter
Google doc guide

A condensed guide to get you started
Some images are from the wiki but theres a few I added in myself for clarification.
Getting account set up, cookie method
[+] SPOILER
First of all you must have a dmm account. This can easily be done as there's an english side. Upon visiting http://www.dmm.com you'll be greeted with 2 flags, select english. In the right hand corner hover over login then click the orange button to register. Once you register and confirm the account through email go back to dmm.com but select the language as Japanese after you login. Make sure the page is fully loaded.

You have one of two choices, cookie method or vpn. I'll only go through cookie as vpn is a more unsafe option(do at your own risk) while the cookie method has no ill effect. Simply make sure you're on dmm homepage, then open up your browser console. chrome=ctrl+shift+j mozilla ctrl+shift+k Enter in the following code into the console then press enter.
Code: Select all
document.cookie = "cklg=welcome;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=.dmm.com;path=/";
document.cookie = "cklg=welcome;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=.dmm.com;path=/netgame/";
document.cookie = "cklg=welcome;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=.dmm.com;path=/netgame_s/";
document.cookie = "ckcy=1;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=.dmm.com;path=/";
document.cookie = "ckcy=1;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=.dmm.com;path=/netgame/";
document.cookie = "ckcy=1;expires=Sun, 09 Feb 2019 09:00:09 GMT;domain=.dmm.com;path=/netgame_s/";

Close the console then refresh the page again. Direct link to game is here http://www.dmm.com/netgame/social/-/gad ... id=825012/

If you're sent to the game portal at first click the big green button Image

Once clicked it'll have a small form to fill out. First is in game username(cannot be changed again)
gender(copy and paste the text into google translate to get the right gender)
birthday
I forgot what else it asks for though...screenshot it if you can.

Getting started playing
[+] SPOILER
You will see a server select page. Click any server as long as its not full. IF you see something like this then those severs are full.

Next choose a starter sword.

Choose whoever you want..really it doesn't matter as all the starter swords are very easy to get in game.

After that you'll be guided through a tutorial by Konnosuke the fox. They pretty much show what you need to click on to progress the tutorial so...it's not that hard. Here is the main screen with translations

If you play often enough you'll easily remember where things are after a bit.

Not everything will be unlocked to you but they will be as you continue to play...except for certain things such as sword inventory, repair rooms, smithing. You get 50 sword inventory, 2 repair rooms and 2 smithing slots. You'll have to purchase dmm points to increase these...theres some tutorials around on how to do so but I won't touch on that. You don't need to worry since you'll be new.

Another menu to familiarize yourself with, front lines

expeditions and pvp will be locked until you reach a certain lvl, so just focus on front lines you'll spend the most time there.

Once you pick your world and map just click on the map to roll the die. Which way it rolls depends on RNG. Then scouting begins. The success rate is determined by your party leader's scouting ability. If you see blue text appear after scouting that means it was a success. You'll see something like this

I always suggest click the formation with the red tag.

If the scouting wasn't successful it'll look purple and there won't be any red or blue tag. You'll have to guess which is the best formation. After that it's always auto battle. After the results sometimes you'll get a random sword drop, then you continue through the map(left) or return to citadel(right).

Reaching the boss of the map will unlock the next map if you beat the boss.

Get used to organizing your teams. The additional teams will be unlocked as you progress.

Don't bother with refining until your sword toku's(at lvl 20/25 for most). Then whatever you feed them will permanently increase them to the max stats. If you feed them before toku the stats resets after they reach it.

I don't really recommend pvp much...if you want to you can use it. The only advantage is the damage taken isn't permanent.

Internal affairs is useful and helps increase certain stats that couldn't be increased with refining. Check here to find out what chore increases which stats http://touken-ranbu.wikia.com/wiki/Internal_Affairs The success rate seems to be random.

After you unlock expeditions, check here http://touken-ranbu.wikia.com/wiki/Expeditions so that you can be successful in them(some require certain sword types/lvls).

TIPS *read first part before starting the tutorial
[+] SPOILER
Since the third thing you'll be doing is smithing in the tutorial I highly suggest to look here for a character you're interested in, take note on the type it is(make sure it says it can be smithed) http://touken-ranbu.wikia.com/wiki/Characters and go here for a recipe. http://touken-ranbu.wikia.com/wiki/Smithing I can't guarentee you'll get what you want but don't be afraid to try.

Swords can BREAK. Don't continue if their hp goes to red because if they go to 0hp they WILL break. Only go in orange if you're really sure you'll win.

Remember when you're new ALWAYS limit how many times you go to a boss node on a map. If you go to the boss node 10 times you'll see these guys

You DON'T want them. They're permanent, are random, and give more damage. You'll see the infested map with this mark

You don't want them when you're new and you'll regret it later on if you get many.

Swords get fatigue after a while and it'll weaken them in performance.

They'll eventually go back to normal but how long it takes depends on severity. You can fix this by putting the fatigued sword as leader on a low lvl map to gain sakura fubuki.

In this state they look like this

It's increases their fighting ability by 20%.

Save up help tokens. Let the timer go the full time in repair or smithing unless its a very long timer and you don't wanna wait overnight.

Having trouble in a map? Are your troops too weak? Go here http://touken-ranbu.wikia.com/wiki/Armory And find the strongest troops for your sword types to smith.

Take a look at this page http://touken-ranbu.wikia.com/wiki/Missions for daily missions as well as one time missions that give rewards.

Items like help tokens(for skipping timers) and request tokens(for smithing) can be earned from daily missions, maps, or expeditions.

More important when higher lvl...(wip)

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 2:34 pm

Re: 【刀剣乱舞-ONLINE-】Touken Ranbu Discussion

Postby murmurlade » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Ahh those links are really helpful ^q^ I wasn't aware that Nitroplus was one of the developers.. but.. now it actually makes sense lol. I love all of their visual novels hnngh. Thanks for the thread!

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 4:34 am

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby Maro » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:10 am

Oooo I may just check this game out ovo

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 6:04 pm

Art by - ciel

Postby Mys » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:33 am

You're welcome XD
Ahh you should. There's gonna be an event at the end of next week.

Postby Maro » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:40 am

It's just a browser game right? no downloading anything required at all? ovo

Postby Mys » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:48 am

Yes it's a browser game lol which is why I'm even able to play.
I hate downloading stuff.

Postby Maro » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:03 am

I'll check it out sometime soon then ^^

Postby Mys » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:08 am

Great ^_^

Postby Mys » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:17 am

Recycling thread a bit...created hopefully an understandable guide at the top.

Postby wrik » Fri May 12, 2017 4:46 pm

hi

my name is wrik

i love maeda
and oodenta
and sohaya

and most all toushirous

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 12:34 pm

Postby pachi » Fri May 12, 2017 4:46 pm

clearly i didn't ctrl+f the forum thoroughly enough all i look for on forum sites rn are sword threads
i crashed the guild too pls let me in :cry:

my best boy

Local time: Sat May 04, 2024 3:34 pm

Postby wrik » Fri May 12, 2017 4:47 pm

i saw the guild but didn't try to join

i want in too omg

Postby pachi » Fri May 12, 2017 4:49 pm

only reason i'm on here rn is because i saw sword on the fr on t p a ge

Postby wrik » Fri May 12, 2017 4:50 pm

only reason i'm here right now is because pachi

LOL

Postby pachi » Fri May 12, 2017 4:57 pm

anyway on the topic of sword hellO im an old saniwa
been playing since jan 2015 but im sick of the actual gameplay LOL
i like sword bros very much ^o^
except awataguchi sorry idc about shotas

other best boys: taroutachi, jiroutachi, nagasone, tonbokiri, kousetsu, nihongou, sengo, kasen, aoe
tl;dr i like long haired prettyboys and/or bara titty swords

i'm also in sword musical hell becaUSE THEY THREW NAGAHACHI IN THERE AND NOW I'M BURN I N G :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i love everyone........

Next

Return to Video Games