Talk about all things video game related here.

UNDERTALE!!

Moderator: Ryvvi

UNDERTALE!!

Postby murmurlade » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:27 am

Undertale is a super rad RPG made by Toby Fox~
Just a warning though, if you've never heard of it before, please don't search it up.
Chances are you're going to spoil yourself. Alot.

Basically, you play as a human that climbs up a mountain and falls down.. under.
I'm not the best at summaries, but I'd say it's pretty unique..? I've definitely laughed, cried, and
just stared at the screen dumbfounded during certain parts. :cry:

You can go here to try the demo or buy the game for $10.
Seriously though. It's worth it. Also, the soundtrack is amazing, but there are spoilers in there as well.

Aaaand for those of you who have played the game.. what are your thoughts on it?
Do you think it's overrated? Is junior jumble harder than crosswords?!
(an honest answer from me, yes....)

:cheer: recommend this game 10/10. it's also relatively short... relatively.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:42 am

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Re: UNDERTALE!!

Postby Diana » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:59 am

Haha. I was wondering how long it'd be before someone made an undertale thread.
I started playing because zombiebunny has been telling me about it.
I tried to love it. I want so badly to love it, but I am stuck on beating Undyne and she kills me right as I get to the "welcome to..." sign, and I'm so horrendously frustrated at the game I'm not enjoying it anymore. :( Tips are appreciated. I can pass the first two levels without losing life but once the backwards arrows are part of it I get all sorts of confused.

Sans and papayrus (and his spaghetti) are amazing though (yes, I think junior jumble is much harder than crosswords too).

Site Admin

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm

Postby murmurlade » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:17 am

spoilers for undertale newbies ahead~

same here, ended up just making it myself xD
oh man, could you possibly be on a geno run? :( i was expecting her battle to be harder honestly but all i did was dodge and run away.

.......in fact i found her 'minigames' more challenging. god she's terrifying. it's okay, you'll get through it soon! i was stuck on that fabulous robot forever since time based battles make me panic, but watching playthroughs really helped. sorry if you've already received the same advice, but what i did was basically check the spare option every round, if it wasn't yellow i would do another redundant action like checking or pleading. fill your inventory with healing items, too.

they're the best skelly bros, agreed! san's love for papy just warms my heart, he's always looking out for him. if you've gotten to undyne on mercy though, i assume you've gone on the date with papy? OH NO...!! YOU'RE MEETING ALL MY STANDARDS DIANA YOU'RE THE BEST

ok. um. i typed too much. sorry ^^;

Postby Diana » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:33 am

ZB has been telling me to get HP items, but the shops are too far away and I apparently have terrible luck. I run into at least two (so far at most 5) monster pairs on the way back and die. :\

I haven't killed anything! I accidentally punched a dummy once, but other than that, no fight actions have been taken. I'm just going to sit around and brute force it. :< When I have the time and energy and am less frustrated with it.

I'm into puzzle games more, so the gameplay to me is a liiiiittle tedious, but the story is cute. :)

YES. I DID.
[+] SPOILER
And then later sans took me to grillbys and I dumped ketchup on my fries and he gave me his <3
Jokes on him I wanted that much ketchup, but still cute.

aww. That's sweet. haha <3

Site Admin

Postby murmurlade » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:51 am

You should be able to make a good sprint to that savepoint before the bridge, then make your way to temmie village for another savepoint. you will always, always encounter a couple monster in the dark mushroom area. flee and pray you're lucky. also, brush up on your dodging skills I guess! temmies don't like it when you flex, and you flex with aaron until he flexes himself away. can't remember the other enemies in that area. for the moldsbigg, it was an action like leaving it alone..?

good luck! what sort of puzzles though?
omg thats adorable (pst you can date him too)

edit: imma head off to bed

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:16 am

I came on solely to make a thread over Undertale, xD

Omg, I am obsessed over the game. I finished it once, and now I'm doing it again on a pacifist route.

Junior Jumble? Hard? I found all the words in like a minute, lol. It was too easy.

Don't want to waste time on battles while you go get hp items? Run away is the option. It works 99% of the time.

For Undyne, really, all it takes is hp items and getting used to where the arrows and backward arrows go. It took me 1000 times before I beat her the first playthrough, but this second one, I got her in my first try.

Local time: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:42 pm

Postby murmurlade » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:46 pm

obsessed is right.........
same here! i did the neutral, pacifist and genocide runs already. when king fluff broke the mercy button, i was so shocked lmao i didn't know what to do....

lmao. jumbles mess with my head sometimes. it took me ages to find out that lngneda was england... (not from undertale but jumble related)

in the bridge area where undyne throws spears at you, i afk'd for awhile to do some laundry, when i came back... it was just a mess. the spears multiplied tenfold. WHY WOULD YOU PROGRAM IN SOMETHING LIKE THAT TOBY??? i managed to dash through it without getting hurt at all though, seems i play better under pressure. pft.

soooo toby banned people selling merch of undertale, and now there's official merch! the mettaton poster is nice, but everything else meh.. looking forward to the toriel plushies though!! tfw unofficial merch is way more quality.... sigh

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:37 pm

I'm not a big a fan of the "I remember what you did last playthrough" and so they remember the monsters I killed when I was still figuring out the battle system since it wasn't something I was used to.

I'm a little intimidated to do the genocide run after watching someone battle sans. should that be in spoilers?

Postby murmurlade » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:51 pm

I'll add a warning to the first post. Oh. Gosh. Sans battle was so fun, and ridiculously hard. I died so many times xD
The only reason why I did the genocide run, cos undyne the undying wasn't very fun :3c

Awww. That's the scary part to Undertale though...
I remember on my first run, Toriel killed me and the look on her face was priceless.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:16 pm

But what I hate the most is programs closing themselves out. It makes me think a virus got onto my computer. Screw you, Flowey!

I was so confused at the beginning. I was like "am I supposed to fight Toriel?" And then I was like "NO! I didn't mean to! I didn't want to hurt you! I thought I had to! What have I done?!" And then Undyne talking about how I defeated Greater Dog, I was like, "I didn't want to! I feel bad about it! I got frustrated! I love dogs D:"

But dem Temmies, doe.

Postby murmurlade » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:07 pm

agreed, flowey is the biggest butt. but i loved him during the genocide run.
hahahaha...... poor greater dog. got rekt. oh well, you can always do a complete reset if you want to :9

...HOI!!! I'M.. TEMMIE!!!!

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:48 am

Omg, I wanna cry. Give me back the mercy button! I just want to hug Asgore.... He looks like he needs it.

Postby murmurlade » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:14 am

; w ; ) he's so nice.. and weak. really weak. king fluffypants will be king forever!

Postby Zombie Bunny » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:32 am

I like this game a lot.
I'm going to kill everyone next.
I can't decide if I want to start my next run now or later.
If you know me, the no mercy run was inevitable.
I'm going to miss Papyrus.

Image Image Image

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:43 am

Everyone has to do a genocide run at least one time. Though, after their pacifist run and such lol.

Next

Return to Video Games