Talk about all things video game related here.

Town of Salem

Moderator: Ryvvi

Town of Salem

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:15 am

The game that is holding me hostage due to its addictingness.

Blankmediagames.com

It's free and stuff.

If you know the game mafia, that's what it pretty much is.

Games are usually around half an hour long.

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 3:54 pm

Re: Town of Salem

Postby Sans » Thu May 05, 2016 10:32 am

Epicmafia is way better. But I guess ToS is good for people who don't like to read. Haha

Local time: Thu May 16, 2024 1:54 pm

:L_Wing: Wishlist | they/them | Ducky :R_Wing:

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:25 pm

The way that site is set up is confusing...

I'd rather not get caught into another mafia game site, lol. ToS is good enough for me.

It gave me a guy character and Idk how to change it but I think I like it, lol.

Postby Sans » Fri May 06, 2016 9:10 pm

I really don't see how at all it would be confusing...

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:45 pm

From a first glance, it looks confusing, and this is me looking at the site with no account.

I like all the different roles, but I like the way ToS looks more anyway.

Postby Sans » Fri May 06, 2016 9:50 pm

ToS looks cheap to me. Bad art style. In EpicMafia you could roleplay. So that's always fun. ToS has no fun in it to me. Veeeeeery boring.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun May 08, 2016 1:49 am

I tried epicmafia and I had no idea what I was doing and was very confused.

I don't think ToS has bad art style.

Epicmafia's site seems kind of a mess.

Postby Ryvvi » Sun May 08, 2016 5:19 am

this looks fun!
we had a game of mafia happening at some point, not sure where it went :s

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 7:54 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Sans » Sun May 08, 2016 1:44 pm

EpicMafia isn't a mess?! ToS is to me. I guess EM has too much reading and understanding for you.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun May 08, 2016 2:52 pm

I mean, like, I tried finding some kind of tutorial. I couldn't really understand where things were. Town of Salem at least had everything set up in a way that one can easily figure out how to play.

I wouldn't be insulting me and my intelligence just because I prefer one game you don't like over another game you like. I like town of Salem for the "who is who" like em, but I also love to mess with people. Tos is so much more user friendly. It doesnt need a tutorial because it basically tells you what you need to do when you have your role. I tried playing a game in em, and it wasn't even the reading that I didn't like, not even close. I hated how I had NO idea what I was doing and was confused because there wasn't really a tutorial for newbies.

But, do not insult me. I never insulted you once and I'm not that type of person. I would not like to make an enemy with anyone. Just because I prefer tos, it doesn't mean I'm an illiterate idiot. I do like to read, I don't like games that are confusing. You don't see my POV and you don't see me insulting other people for not liking what I like.

Postby Sans » Sun May 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Oh my gosh. I barely even remember responding to this. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to insult you! I must have been barely awake at the time. I'm the type that gets grumpy when sleepy but that's no good excuse for what I said to you.
I don't want to be a enemy of yours, but I've always looked down on ToS. It was a childish thing for me to do. If I remembered I would have apologized sooner!
I'm a avid player of the game so I guess it's hard to imagine anyone not understanding it. Some lobbies even help new players play if they don't understand. I once hosted a few games for newbies because there isn't any guides like you said but there is a list of the roles and what they do. The game is not that hard once you come to understand the basics. If you're looking for friendly lobbies, stay the hell out of the main ones.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:53 am

It's fine.

And so, two players started ganging up on me in TOS because I was wanting them to shut up because they were "yelling" the entire time and being a nuisance. I went through 3 games with them, reported both of them and finally never saw them again. (went to different games) They really got my blood boiling.

I'll try EM again at some point. Might see if there's a wiki guide to it or something.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:46 pm

The flaw in the logic of players in Town of Salem:
"I investigated you and it said you're mafia"
When I could be framed.
I was mafia, but cmon, people don't understand the game very well.

There's an Any role where it could be ANYTHING. And framers make it seem like another character is maf when they're not. They're so stupid.

I prolly need a rest from the game. It's making my blood boil. LOL. Some players are just so stupid, it hurts. They weren't wrong, I was mafia, but their reasoning is too dang weak.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:59 pm

Omg, this game...

The players are so dumb.

Postby Ryvvi » Mon May 23, 2016 2:07 am

xD maybe theyre lulling you into a false sense of security

Local time: Fri May 17, 2024 7:54 am

Next

Return to Video Games