Talk about all things video game related here.

MMOs

Moderator: Ryvvi

MMOs

Postby TheCakeBoss » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Right, so, I figured I should probably post something so it doesn't look like I up and abandoned the site!

Anyways, I was wondering, do we have any MMO players here? I've just started getting into the genre (my past attempts failed due to my poor attention-span) with Final Fantasy XIV and I've really been enjoying my time.

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 5:09 am

Re: MMOs

Postby Diana » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Lime and I used to play mmo's a lot (not so much anymore because we've been busy). I wish I could play FFXIV; but I don't have the money to spend on it. haha.
We used to play Pandora Saga, but they randomly closed sometime this year, so we're done with that. lol.
We also used to play Ether-saga and Dragon's nest or Dragon's quest or something like that.

I used to play diablo3 and WoW; until I stopped for a bit and forgot my password. Blizzard won't help me. Still waiting on them. :P

I've played Wakfu a little, Vindictus, Raiderz (I still play sometimes now that its less broken), and some other ones which I can't seem to think up right now. whelp.

And then Lime and I are going to start playing wildstar together. but I'm a suuuper noob at it. haha.

Site Admin

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 3:09 am

Postby Lime » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:18 am

Yeah, we played a LOT of MMOs together, haha. We always do! <3

Although I've played a ton too, I only play Wildstar now. Oh my gosh I love it! Haha. It's subscription-based, but I definitely suggest taking a look at it!

Do you play F2Ps at all? Or paid ones? o:

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 6:09 am

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Postby ’✖‘ » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:50 pm

I only play free to play games.. XD Even though I could totally afford a pay to pay ones. Probably. I hate the idea of paying for games when there are so many free ones that are also entertaining! If I have to pay for it I would want to play it as much as possible so I'm not wasting my money but I don't have the time for that. D:
I just play free PC games like a newb. (´・ v ・`)ゞ

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 3:09 am

Postby Lime » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:13 am

Well no, I mean, that totally makes sense. I did that for a long time too. My problem with free to plays, is that the servers are usually all jumbled into one, so you have people spamming chats in other languages all day. And it gets very annoying after a while. :cc

And also, a lot of free to play MMOs don't have nearly as much content, since they don't have the constant funds to keep releasing things. And some (but not all!) free to play games have pay-to-win scenarios, which you can buy to just have the item or grind for FOREVER to do things. It's kinda silly.

Postby Ryvvi » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:43 pm

I used to play WoW but kind of got bored with it after a while
When i can afford it im going to buy ESO which i am very much looking forward to :D
Other than that I think most of my games i usually play have multiplayer or server options but i tend to just stick with single player so

Local time: Sun May 05, 2024 9:09 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby Lime » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:14 am

I did the same thing with WoW, I was tired of it after a year or two. :/ But I keep coming back to it once in a blue moon.

But now I have WildStar. <3 And.. Omg. I'm an MMO junkie, and I can easily say it's the best one I have EVER played. I am so in love with this game.

Also- be careful with ESO. Did you play the beta at all? Or try it out at a friend's house? I was waiting for it for a few years, and after trying it, I was soo disappointed. It's gorgeous at least, I'll give it that. But I hate the gameplay.

Postby Ryvvi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:57 pm

ugh really? D: yeah i played it a little on a friends acct because i lost my beta code
but it was still early beta when i played so i wasnt too fussed by the glitches :/

Postby Lime » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:31 am

Ahh no, that makes sense.

I totally made a thread for WildStar so I can see who's played it.. >>;;

But yeah, it's a lot better now. Still quite a few glitches and UI bugs, but it's a new game, so I don't mind.

Postby Shakespeare » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:27 pm

The only MMO I've really stuck to playing is Lord of the Rings Online. I've been playing it for the past month and it has been amazing! I just love it so much. The scenery is just like how you would imagine it to be, and the characters you can create are cool as well. And the epic quests that you do go along with the story from the books.

Image Image

Postby Lime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:13 am

Oh really? I didn't really know there was a LOTR Online game. Is it free to play? Or subscription based? I wonder why I've never heard of it..

And that's awesome! I'm glued to WildStar because the housing is absolutely incredible! I should upload some screenshots sometime. <3 c;

Also really? That's actually really cool. I own all the books (including the Hobbit) but I couldn't really get through the first LOTR book, I'll admit. It was a pretty tough read. :C Then someone borrowed it and never gave it back anyways..

Postby Ryvvi » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:31 am

You should post the screenshots! i wanna seee :D
with lotr i tend to prefer the movies over the books just because im pretty terrible with names so i always got them mixed up when i was reading, the movies i have the visual aid xD

Postby Lime » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:50 am

I definitely will when I get the chance! :D I'm not on my desktop right now, so I'll totally do it when I am!

And yeah, I'm similar. I'm a huge visual learner, so for me I like watching shows/movies/etc. that go with books, even if I've already read them before. I just like having that visual image.

To be fair, I love reading, but the LOTR books (excluding The Hobbit) are impossible to get through.

Postby Ryvvi » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:53 pm

I love the hobbit! yeah its definitely the easiest to get through, which makes sense because it was aimed at a younger age group~
Lotr is just hella difficult and pointlessly long winded for no reason D<

Postby Lime » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:22 am

THANK YOU. IT TOTALLY IS. I try SO hard, and just.. Oh gosh. I couldn't do it. Just couldn't do it..

Next

Return to Video Games