Talk about all things video game related here.

Sims 4!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Sims 4!

Postby Lime » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:33 pm

WOW, I am so disappointed. I'll say that upfront.

Like, I was so stoked for this game, and after reading the reviews, it's absolutely terrible. It's hard to believe most of these complaints are true..

The Reviews

Seriously, check them out if you haven't. I really wanted to play this.. :( Somebody complain with me!

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:56 am

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Re: Sims 4!

Postby TheCakeBoss » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Honestly, I'm not even sure how this game could be considered a sequel when so much content got cut. The whole thing seems really, really messy.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 1:56 am

Postby Ryvvi » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:29 pm

yeah i saw the reviews
was super disappointed :(
if i feel like playing more sims i might just finally buy the expansions for 3 or something
doesnt really seem worth it otherwise

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 5:56 pm

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Postby MystMist » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Sims 3 disappointed me a lot with too many expansions and too little content item wise in each of them.
It was basically a money tree for EA
So it's not a surprise Sims 4 is a disappointment too.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 8:56 am

Postby Lime » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:40 am

Yeah, Sims 3 was decent though. Like, it wasn't bad. Yes, there was WAAAY too much DLC for too much money. Honestly, most of the DLC was the same price as the game, and there was so little content with each one. Like, you'd pay 30$ for the game, then 30$ a PIECE for islands, supernatural people, sci-fi, etc. It was ridiculous.

.. Buuut, that's EA. So I'm not surprised.

But releasing a Sims game that literally has over 75% things cut from it than the vanilla version of Sims 3? I'll admit I am a little surprised. .. A little, haha.

I just thought at least they'd have a little more. I mean, cutting out the colour wheel, dishwashers, pools, KIDS? How did they think that was okay to release? ;/

Postby Ryvvi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:32 pm

yeah like i read a few things before it was released that only mentioned it was missing kids and pools~
and i was like oh ok im sure theyve just had some coding issues or something like that, once they fix it itll be a dlc
enough they had to remove those things but not enough to hold back the entire game
BUT with the full list of stuff that is missing it seems kind of ridiculous that so many basic items are missing
like take dishwashers~ i cant imagine there is too much diificulty in adding dishwashers to the game?

i bought sims 3 i think it was on last years sumer sale~ so i managed to get it at a decent price~ im thinking if i do want to get the dlc's ill just wait until theyre less than half price again or something
even then~ there are probably going to be other games id rather buy so

Postby MystMist » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:17 am

I tried it myself now (a pirated copy) and honestly it's awful compared to sims 3

Postby Lime » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:59 am

I was going to pirate it too, just so I could see what it was like. Because honestly I really wanted to at least TRY it, like demo it without actually buying it. Buuut yeah. :/ That's really sucky. I still kinda wish I had it. Maybe if it was like $20 or something I would, but like they'd ever do that..

Postby MystMist » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:13 am

wait till at least 2 expansions come out and then pirate and try it, if you do it now only disappointment awaits.

Postby Lime » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Yeah, fair enough.. :( I'm just so disappointed. I was waiting for soo long for Sims 4 to come out. I was crazy excited. I was even going to preorder it and everything because I'm a Sims junkie. But I'm glad I didn't. :(

Postby Vinnie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:16 pm

And this is why I wait for like 6 months to buy games like this, because by then there will be patches to fix bugs and expansions for new content. =)

male avatar ufufufu

Postby MystMist » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:03 pm

And they will most often be a bit cheaper ^^

Postby Vinnie » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:03 am

Yep you can also get a cheap used copy; though the code is probably already registered for online play and can't be used again =(

Postby MystMist » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:38 am

Well in that case it's most likely useless, a big part of sims 4 is the online gallery where one share content with each other after all.
[dice:14ef0u7e]0[/dice:14ef0u7e]

Postby Lime » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Yeah, fair enough. A problem I had with Sims 3, is on my PS3 (I bought it there first) and I didn't use my code after buying it new, and it said I needed to buy a new one for $10. Like, really? Because it EXPIRED! What a load of crap that was! I was so pissed. I bought it for PC later, and I have uhh.. A lot of DLC for it. Well, not a lot. A decent amount I guess.

I have Island Paradise, Supernatural, World Adventures, Katy Perry, 70s 80s 90s, Master Suite Stuff, and Pets. So I have less of the purely items one, and more with just content. Which is what I like better, but yeaahh. It's too expensive. D:

Next

Return to Video Games