Talk about all things video game related here.

Sims 4!

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Sims 4!

Postby Blue Jay » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:41 am

Some games are like that Binary. XD

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 3:12 am

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Postby BinaryDelusions » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:43 pm

i know but i still hate it cause i'd rather play sims 3 sometimes but its like LOL NOPE and so i just end up spending about 20 minutes waiting for it only to find disappointment. lD

sims 4 is decent i'll admit, but i have every expansion and stuff on 3 so there's more for me to do on there. lD

Postby Blue Jay » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Yeah I wish I had Sims4 just to see what it's like. I loved the open world of 3 so going backwards in 4 saddens me. Plus taking out cars and not allowing you to see your person go to work is sad as well for many. I like the cars but I don't mind just having my person leave without seeing where they go. I can thus work on a different person with things.

Postby BinaryDelusions » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:29 am

In a way I like sims 4 a bit better cause at least it doesn't die on me just for visiting another sims house, but at the same time there's loading screens EVERYWHERE. Like even your next door neighbor's house has to go through a loading screen which is really crazy cause...

ok, basically while its not open world the neighborhoods are seperated into smaller segments that load up together, there's some with a couple of visible lots, some with five, some even with these not really community lots but you can still visit them and eat/collect stuff there places. and all the houses in that area are fully processed: its not just walls, windows, and doors you can actually see the furniture inside and the lighting and stuff. but the moment you want to actually visit you STILL have to go through a loading screen. and it just doesn't make any sense cause they've already loaded the house? its weird.

and yeah its weird that there's no cars. like even when the cars weren't playable there was always a carpool that would appear to take your sims out to their job. but now they just disappear into the wind. ouo;

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:23 am

Like it would make sense for the Tech Job(watched Curtis Pardis videos) to stay at home.

Postby BinaryDelusions » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:51 am

maybe in the beginning yeah but later on they can either go into entrepreneur or esports stuff and i can understand those two jobs needing to go to places to report on esports/meet up with business execs/ect.

a youtuber based profession would be awesome though not gonna lie there. lD

Postby Blue Jay » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Yeah it would. Man I want to play it but don't have it. XD Had a split decision to make do I want Sims 4 which I will go in to the dark abyss or Pokemon Alpha Sapphire that I can get done safely. Went with Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. XD

Postby rinny » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:29 pm

A friend of mine got sims 4 and was bragging and saying how amazing it was.
    I put it off for a bit because...idk it just didn't seem to appeal to me??
    but after a while I finally bought it and can I just say I really don't like it that much at all...
    I have no idea what it is but I don't like it... I loved the sims 2 and the sims 3 (sims 1 was okay xD)
    The sims 4 just doesn't appeal to me much. With sims 2/3 I was actually really obsessed, I'd play them both really frequently, but I've only played the sims 4 a couple of times and I don't feel any urge to go back play it e_e

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 6:12 pm

Postby RoorenSama » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:02 pm

I was one of those people who wasn't anti-Sims 4 when the features (or lack thereof) were being announced by the gurus. I honestly didn't really care that much that certain features weren't in the game because I wouldn't have noticed they were missing. Besides that, that list of missing features everyone was talking about had a lot of content from the Sims 3 expansion packs rather than soley the base game. At least we did get free content that was missing in updates. I also do have my gripes about the game coughcough nocolorslidersandtoomanyloadingscreens cough, but I won't go on about them.

As for the game becoming boring after hours of play, I thought that was normal. So far we only have a base game + a content pack. There's bound to be a low replayability after the game has been explored. I'm looking forward to the next content release that comes out. I can only hope it will be something interesting.

Postby Exclusive » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:41 pm

honestly....i like the sims 4 better. ive only ever played the sims 3 or the sims 4. i had all the expansion packs for the sims 3. when i got the sims 4, i instantly loved it better. i love the body customizer, all the custom content that ive downloaded off the internet looks perfect (like the lips and eyeshadows and lots of the clothes never looked right on sims 3) i just love the sims 4 way better. i havent played it in a while tho :0

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 4:12 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:07 pm

It came out as soon as I bought the Sims 3, lol. I mean, I had to wait til I got my own computer and money to buy the games, so it was after it's been out for years, but I don't see a point in ditching Sims 3 now. Lol.

Previous

Return to Video Games