Talk about all things video game related here.

What are your all time favorite video games?

Moderator: Ryvvi

What are your all time favorite video games?

Postby robodanbo » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:58 pm

I'd love to hear about everyone's most treasured/favorite games! :cheer:

Pokemon Snap was probably my favorite childhood game. I played that to death.
Portal was the first game I ever played on PC, so that one has a special spot in my heart.

Ace Attorney (the whole series) was my first big obsession. My best friend and I spent HOURS gushing over all our favorite characters and the cases.

What about you guys?

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:05 pm

Re: What are your all time favorite video games?

Postby NerdyAliCat » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:09 am

So many! Too many to chose just a few...
Probably Nintendogs from my childhood but my first ever video game was Lego Starwars on PS2! So lego video games have a special place in my heart.
On DS: Every Pokemon game definitely! My favourite Pokemon game is definitely Pokemon X and my first was Pokemon Black
On Playstation: Tomb Raider, Assassin's Creed (I played every game up to Black Flag then stopped but i mean to finish them one day!), NeiR: Automata and Hatsune Miku Project Diva
On Nintendo Switch: Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee, Pokemon Sword, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Stardew Valley.

I spend a lot more time on my Switch than PS lately but one of my friends has introduced me to the Monster Hunter franchise and i'm hooked. I played a fair few hours on their PC playing MH: World and they leant me their copy of MH: 4 Ultimate and i'm really enjoying it. It would definitely be a favourite if i put more time into it

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:05 pm

ImageImage
Thanks Yorunaka! - Thanks Valentine Strange!

Postby murmurlade » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:26 am

*cracks knuckles* we gotta go by console!!!
Gameboy - Pokemon Yellow
Dreamcast - Toy Commander
Nintendo DS - Rune Factory
PS2 - Final Fantasy X
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts
MMORPG - Burning Soulworker
PC - Minecraft

NerdyAliCat Ahhhhhh Lego Starwars!!!! I remember playing that!! It was SO fun! And also Nintendogs lol.... I only remember deleting my sister's Nintendogs save files because she wouldn't let me take care of a pupper. I was an evil child.

robodanbo Oh god, heck yeah... Ace Attorney... which was your favourite game?

----------------------------------------
taugeeee @ twitter / deviantart / gaia
currently: questing bubble wings

always semi-hiatus due to work
please ping me if you want a reply.
----------------------------------------

Postby MissAutumn » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:19 am

My all time favourite series is Dragon Age. I love all 3 games. I really hope DA4 comes out.

I love Ace Attorney. I was replaying them before I started playing Sprirt of Justice, but I got distracted.

I love Harvest Moon: DS and Sunshine Islands. They're such relaxing games to play.

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:05 am

Postby ChiffonOrange » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:52 am

The Sims series (1 to 4), I loved playing them when I was a kid back then in late 2000s, I remember how I used to play Sims 2 very often 'till Sims 3 came out and I did the same thing again and that's where I grew out of said game in my last year of high school. Sims 4 is currently my fav Sims series.

Another all time favourite video game of mine is most Sonic series (except Sonic Boom and some of its spinoffs), I was really obsessed with it during my childhood and there are sometimes I would pretend that they're real even though they're fictional characters (I know it's embarrassing o///o ). Though my obsession with Sonic stopped when I reached my late teens, I still like the series just not as much as I used to.

Phantasy Star Online 2, coming from someone who has never played any Phantasy Star game. I was pretty impressed by its gameplay and robust character creation. I liked how you can change your class anytime as you wish, the raiding areas aren't that bad except for some raids that seem to take so long to kill a boss or something.

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, my brother introduced me to this game when I was a teen. I wasn't fond of it at first but gradually warm up to it as soon as I played it for the first time. The only thing I like about the game is their zombies are kinda different than regular zombies haha

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:18 pm

I think most people right now are enthralled with the new animal crossing game.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 pm

Postby (-o-) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:20 pm

I've been on animal crossing new horizons everyday since it released! 120hrs *u*
I really enjoyed playing happy home designer though.

These are the three mmo's I'm currently playing: guild wars 2, black desert online, and final fantasy 14.

ImageImage
ty Mouse

Postby meowzipan » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:51 pm

i wanna play new horizons so bad, lol
someone else went by console, so i will, too! :>

gameboy color: Hamtaro: Ham Hams Unite!
game boy advance: Pokemon Ruby!
nintendo DS: Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja (1 and 2!) were so good, i played those so many times.
nintendo 3DS: Animal Crossing New Leaf!
game cube: Super Mario Sunshine!
Wii: Mario Kart Wii
ps1: Quix Neo
ps2: We ♥ Katamari!
ps3: Fallout New Vegas

my all-time favorite game is Undertale, though!!

Local time: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:05 am

:L_Wing: Black Lives Matter :R_Wing:
posture check | stay hydrated
:heart: Image :heart:

Postby MissAutumn » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:20 am

New favourite game: Assassin's Creed Odyssey. While I've been stuck inside I've been exploring ancient Greece.

Postby Xtzi Valzhia Zearis » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:00 pm

favorite games

SNES: Super Mario All-Stars, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country 2
N64: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
PS1: Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VII
PS2: Kingdom hearts 1+2
PS3: Little Big Planet
Switch: Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
PC/XBox: Minecraft

(I lost all my good signatures when solia closed down so this is all i have for now until i find something else)

Postby Bassy » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:00 pm

I hate to say this but: Overwatch. I been binge playing it for two years now lmao. Or I would play Assassins creed odyssey on my xbox.

But I been loving Splatoon 2 (switch) lately and it's not toxic whatsover since theirs not VC (unless with friends and on the smartphone only)

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:05 pm

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby MissAutumn » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:23 pm

Stardew Valley. It's a game you can play for ages, go do something else for months, and pick it up again easily.

Postby Huld » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:30 am

The Dragon Age series, though mostly the first two games, and the same for The Mass Effect series. The newer ones are okay, just not on my favourite list. The Elder Scrolls games, The SIms and Fallout series also deserve mentioning.

Local time: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 pm

Postby silverberry » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:07 pm

Rune Factory 2 onward, and TES IV: Oblivion!

RF games have a good balance between farming/dating sim and fighting/fantasy for me, and beginning at the 2nd game, started to have a UI that made switching between farming and fighting equipment easier. And it has so many cooking and crafting recipes to discover!

Oblivion IMHO has more charm than Skyrim - the side quests don't feel repetitive and serves to actually fill out the world than just give the player enemies to kill. I avoid the main quest for as long as possible though LMAO the main mechanic is the most frustrating part of it, and the end of the main quest just makes me sad. AI interactions and NPC voice acting has some jank, but it's more charming than annoying for me.

https://windlynonline.com/cgi-bin/forums/event/eggHunt/partyCrasher2.png

They/them
Hangout Thread | CK Art Album

Images used belongs to Windlyn and their artists - slightly edited to prevent confusion for current event.

Next

Return to Video Games