Talk about all things video game related here.

Harvest Moon

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Harvest Moon

Postby Turtle Sensei » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:35 am

I haven't been playing very long. A Tale of Two Towns was my first one. But I want the others!! My husband has played since the very first one and hr for me interested

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 12:54 am

Postby BinaryDelusions » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:03 am

RF 3 and 4 are games I've never really played that much of. I've played more RF 3 but I've never actually sat down and did much with 4.

I should really try and play more A Lost Valley but there's so many crop mutations that occur in different ways and all the quests and the digging and making the landscape and asdfghjkl.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 2:54 am

Postby Turtle Sensei » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:06 am

Oh I did play a Rune Factory game on!y DSi I vsmt recall which one

Postby Mika » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:22 am

Hmmm if Turtle played a RF on her dsi it must've been RF3. That was my first game. Although RF4 dragged on forever.... Just a for warning incase Binary decides to keep playing. My favorite RF game was Tides of Destiny though.

"Your name, frozen on my lips
Icecicles pierce my heart
Now I wait, to send out my wish
To find you where ever you are"

Postby BinaryDelusions » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:26 pm

It could have been 1, 2 or 3 since they were all playable on the dsi. 4 was the only one that's 3ds exclusive.

And I know rf4 is long cause it took my girlfriend forever to marry a character on there. lD

I like Tides of Destiny too. Its good if you're more interested in fighting than actually farming. Which sometimes I'm really tired of. lD

Postby Mika » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:47 am

I guess it just depends on how long ago turtle might've played the game. I know its rare to find a rf3 anywhere in stores.
But yes, rf4 was ridiculous.... They gave it three parts.... And they changed the way of getting married.... You have to trigger the characters back story which isn't like it was in old games of Rf.... And don't get me started on the leveling.
Tides of destiny made it a bit more enjoyable. The animals did the farming for you. You just had to raise their friendship levels. And they I troduced the first female bachelorette. Even if the male candidates mostly sucked...

Postby BinaryDelusions » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:21 pm

Ugh leveling. I hate grinding in general I'm not looking forward to this game's leveling. ouo;

ToD is really enjoyable as a fighting game more than a farming game. Its different than the others in that aspect but its not a bad thing. I did hate that you had to wait until after you beat the main storyline and do some extra stuff before you can even play as a female. I did like bismark and james though.

Postby Mika » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:25 pm

I think when I last played a few months ago that my character was level..... 286...? And I even came across monsters that had levels above 1000..... I was shocked.
Well I mean in a way, you do have to get the body back lol. But I guess since the way I've always played it, I never had to go more than two days before I got to pick which character to go as. I usually take my time and go nice and steady to make sure things go well.

Postby BinaryDelusions » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:47 pm

...your character can go higher than LEVEL 100?! //shows how often i got to that mark in games eh? ='D

yeah but you'd think you'd get the choice in the beginning to be the girl with the boy's... spirit i guess? inside you or the guy with the girl's. doesn't seem like it would have been tough to do that.

i get bored really fast.... ok well not really bored but after about an hour or two i have to stop playing and move on to something else. //usually a different game
so most of the time its weeks before i can actually pick to be male or female. lD

Postby Silverfire » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:39 pm

Max cap is the same in ToD that it is in RF3 and 4

Postby Turtle Sensei » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Yes Mika! It was RF3!! Good guess!

Postby Mika » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:27 am

Well Binary, I've never gotten that far on levels either... So I always figured since the games were so well balanced that you could only go as high as 100... But as I said, they made rune factory four annoying...
As for TOD, it couldn't have been the other way around with the bodies, because the fellow took the body of the Wind Priestess. That was the whole plan. Lol. Unfortunately the boy was just good with runes and such xD. Not good enough for the whole evil plan.
Well that's your fault! Hahaha. I get addicted to RF.... Its not even a lie.... Its just so easy to play.

Then what is the max cap Silverfire?
I'm just a good guesser indeed Turtle. Its been ages since I even touched RF3 so I figured if you had played anything somewhat recently, it just had to be three lol.

Postby Silverfire » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:56 am

I can't remember what it was but I think it's around 1,000? Maybe higher. I just know it's pretty had to get to without potions and stuff.

Postby Mika » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:34 am

That is nuts! I've never had any reason to get past level 70...

Postby Silverfire » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:44 am

Ahaha, some monsters will get harder and harder. I know in RF4, everyone gets a major lvl boost the farther you go and even more on Hard mode. I think to get through the Parna I had to go as high as the 300's even on easy mode xD

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games