Talk about all things video game related here.

Blue Jay's Pokemon Challenges! Open

Moderator: Ryvvi

Blue Jay's Pokemon Challenges! Open

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Well guys as promised I have decided to play Pokemon challenges and the first one I want to do is a Nuzzlocke on Pokemon Black! Since I have only Four Pokemon games in total I can only do a total of Four Nuzzlockes and Four Wedlockes,. I'm starting with a Nuzzlocke because I have never done one before. This thread is sort of my spot where I will put all my challenges in place. There is something called a Sleeplocke in which you complete the game the fastest time possible with no sleep. There is also in gen 6 a Wonderlocke which requires you to trade for Random Pokemon. I may or may not do this.

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 11:53 am

Image Artwork by Yuracye

Re: Blue Jay's Pokemon Challenges! The Rules:

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:08 pm

Now there are those who don't know what a Nuzzlocke is so I'm going to explain it for you guys.

A Nuzzlocke/Wedlocke challenge is a way to challenge yourself to use Pokemon you might never of used before and forces you to use them. It's unlike a normal playthrough in that it has restrictions on what you can do and can't do. So what are these restrictions well here they are!

1:Your Starter Pokemon is Based off of the Number at the end of your Trainer ID.
[+] SPOILER
Meaning that if I have a 1,2, or 3 then I must start with the grass type starter of specific games. So based on my game if I'm playing Red, Blue, Fire Red and Leaf Green then I would use Bulbasuar. If I was playing Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold and Soul Silver it would be Chikorita. For Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire it would be Treeko. For Diamond, Pearl and Platinum it's Turtwig. In Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 it's Snivy. For Pokmeon X and Y it's Chespin.

Now if I have a 4,5, or 6 as the last number then I use the Fire Type starter. So Charmander for Red, Blue, Fire Red and Leaf Green. Cyndaquil for Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Torchic for Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Chimchar for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Tepig for Black, White, Black 2 and White 2. Fennekin brings up the rear as the option for Pokemon X and Y!

If my number is a 7,8, or 9 then I have to use the water type starter. Squirtle for Red, Blue, Fire Red and Leaf Green. Totodile for Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Mudkip for Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Piplup is for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Oshawott for Black, White, Black 2 and White 2. Lastly Froakie for X and Y!

If my number happens to be a 0 then I choose the next number over and apply it the same way as if it was the last one

Rule 2: You can only catch the first Pokemon on any new area!
[+] SPOILER
When ever you enter a new area you must catch the first Pokemon you encounter and no more then that. If you knock out the Pokemon then you don't get an encounter for that area and must move on. However there are certain clauses that are put into play.

Dupes Clause meaning that if I am traveling on a route and I catch a Caterpie on one route. Then go to another new area and my first encounter is a Caterpie or it's Evolved forms I don't count that. I already have one so it doesn't count. Then my next encounter on that route would be the one I would catch.

Shiny Clause even if I already have a Pokemon encounter for a route but I happen upon a shiny I can catch it but it will be put in my PC box.

HM Slave Clause at certain points during a game you are going to need to have a Pokemon in your Party to get to certain areas to progress in the game. These can only be done by HM moves and thus if NONE of my Pokemon can learn a HM move then I will catch a new Pokemon who can. I can't use it to battle and it sits in my Box when not used.

Gender Clause
Now this only applies to a Wedlocke rather then a Nuzzlocke. If I am playing a Wedlocke then my Pokemon are in Teams of Two and can only be switched between the two of them. They must be One Male and One Female to a pair at all times till I get a full party. So if I have a Male starter then the first Pokemon I catch HAS to be Female and vice versa. So if the first Pokemon I encounter is Male I don't count that Pokemon.

Forced Encounter Clause
Every so often in a game you are going to be put into a Force Wild Encounter with a Pokemon. If that is the case you don't count that Pokemon as your encounter since it's a given that you will encounter it! For instance the Wild Pidgey on Route 2 in X and Y along with Snorlax I don't count! I apply this to Legendaries as well!

WonderLocke Clause
In the case of a Wonderlocke then it doesn't matter what I catch on a route since it must be immediately traded on Wondertrade. Then the Pokemon traded to you falls into any of the clauses that you have so if your doing a Wedlocke it must be the opposite Pokemon of what you have. You also trade away your starter once you have Caught your first Pokemon and leveled up your first capture.

Once I have a Full Team of 6 then the rest of the Pokemon I catch will be put in the PC box automatically and will be what I use come when I need them.

Rule 3:If a Pokemon Loses a Fight and Faints it is considered Dead!
[+] SPOILER
Normally when a Pokemon Faints it's considered passed out and can be healed at a Pokemon center. However for story lines and challenge purposes the Pokemon is considered Dead and must be either released or put in a special Box in the PC labeled the Dead Box. I can't use the Pokemon for the rest of the journey and must use a new Pokemon that is sitting in the PC Box from ones I have previously caught or if I haven't caught that many then I must catch a replacement and train it up.

Rule 4: I can only match the gym leaders highest level Pokemon
[+] SPOILER
What this means is that I can't go into a gym with a Level 80 Pokemon against a Level 40 Pokemon in a gym leaders party. So if the highest lvl is 12 then my Pokemon can be NO higher then 12 when I take them on. If I am lvl 13 after I defeat a Gym leaders first Pokemon that is perfectly legal but I can't be 13 before I take them on!

Rule 5: No Super Training or Pokemon Amie
[+] SPOILER
Now this rule only applies to Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire since that is when they were introduced.

Rule 6: You must name all Pokemon!

Those are all the official rules for a Nuzzlocke and a Wedlocke that are out there! I'm going to only apply those to myself for my first time playing one and not going to go crazy on only use this many items for this amount of teams.

Re: Blue Jay's Pokemon Challenges! The Current Challenge

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:16 pm

This time I will be challenging Pokemon Black to a Nuzzlocke and here are the following.

I will be playing as the male!
Naming Theme is Windlyn Names!
Number of Pokemon Center Visits Allowed: Unlimited
Number of Items used in Battle Allowed: Limit Five Per Gym Battle!

Re: Blue Jay's Pokemon Challenges! Hall Of Fame

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:17 pm

This will be where I place All the games that I have Won so that I can add the new games to the front page. :)

Re: Blue Jay's Pokemon Challenges! The Pokemon Teams

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Team BlueJay

Lime: A brave Male Pignite who I met in Nuvema Town. He is thoroughly cunning.
Maro: A Impish male Herdeir who is somewhat of a clown. This little guy wanted to come with me on Route 2.
Sanchcio: A Calm Male Liepard who is alert to sounds. He jumped out at me while in the Dream Yard.
Diana: A Sassy Female Tranquill who is quick tempered. Met her while walking on Route 3.
Blueberry: A Naive Male Boldore who likes to clown it up with Maro. He approached me after I battle Team Plasma in the Well Springs Cave!
Mika: A Sassy Female Leavanny who I met in Pinwheel Forrest. She likes to Clown it Up with Blueberry and Maro!

Pokemon on Standby
(-o-): A very Adamant Scraggy who hates to lose. I met this little gal on Route 4.
ZombyBunny: This Quirky Female Sandile with a Sturdy Body was met in the Desert Resort!
Moan: A male Yamask who can be rather Hasty and Quick Tempered! Met him while exploring the Relic Castle
Googlebot: This Lonely Male Trubbish who likes to run was met on Route 5.
LemonCheez: This Bashful female Gothita who is alert to sounds was met on route 16.
Turtle: This Naughty male Tirtouga was met in Nacrene City. He is rather Impetous and Silly.
Lina: This Bashful yet somewhat vain female Ducklett was met on while crossing the Driftveil Drawbridge!
Annabella: This Quiet little Female Vanillite was met at the Cold Storage. She has been known to often scatter things.
Ling: This male Deerling was met on Route 6. He is a Timid Nature who likes to run!

Re: Blue Jay's Pokemon Challenges! The Fallen Soldiers

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:19 pm

Galled: Sadly despite his best efforts he lost his life to Cress. We will miss you little guy! :cry:

Re: Blue Jay's Pokemon Challenges! Events

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:23 pm

This is the section where I will announce when I will do my next challenge and you guys are going to decide it! You will decide the next game out of the ones I have so Black, Black 2, Y and Alpha Sapphire are your only options. ;) You will decide if I play as the Male or Female and you will decide on my name and naming theme. Except in the case of the first one since I'm doing a Windlyn Naming Theme so since BlueJay is my name here it fits! XD

For now the Poll Question is Should I name my first starter Lime or Diana?

Re: Blue Jay's Pokemon Challenges! Open

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:32 pm

With that we are officially open guys and you can post away!

Cae
Mika
Yuracye

You guys will probably be the three to make that poll guess!

Postby Cae » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:14 pm

I get the first reply I think? Anyways I say go with Lime~
I like the name Lime a lot. |D

Local time: Thu May 09, 2024 10:53 am

Always looking for something interesting.

Postby Yuracye » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:14 pm

Yesss.
/touches thread.
I can't wait to see all the pokemon. Yuracye better be a cute pokemon. ; A; //

Just lurkin'.

TH | dA

Postby Cae » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Lol. Yura should be be something boring, or kinda iffy. |D

Postby Blue Jay » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Haha so far we have Lime on the board! Any takes for Diana to be the Starter Pokemon?

Postby Cae » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Naw, keep it as Lime. xD

Postby Yuracye » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:00 pm

Cae: Noooooo. ; A; ////

Blue Jay: Hmmm. Idk. I'm sorta torn.

Postby Cae » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:06 pm

Lol. Only joking Yura, and just go with Lime.

Also Jay, if you ever catch an Emolga, name it after me. PLEASE.

Next

Return to Video Games