Sculpting, jewelry making, sewing, knitting, photography- Anything that uses your hands!

Lime's Baking.. Things! <3

Moderator: Ryvvi

Lime's Baking.. Things! <3

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:49 am

Okay so I put it under "crafts" because I guess technicallyitisone.

You use your hands, it's artsy in a way, and you get something out of it. So I guess baking is a craft?

OrI'llmakeabakingandcookingsectionlater.

But first! I want to show you guys some of my things because now I've been tempted to. <3 I really like baking, and cooking. But baking has taken over my life ever since when I was younger I decided I want to eventually open a cafe and be a pastry chef (eventually).

So, I don't have a lot of my pictures, because I usually forget and let people eat everything before I remember. Lmao. So you guys can see some of the things I actually remembered to take a picture of!

Oh, and my camera is usually crap, so forgive the terrible quality..

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 7:41 am

:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:
it's good to be back
if you see me here and there
feel free to say hey
:wink:
- A Lime Haiku
:L_Wing: :heart: :R_Wing:

Re: Lime's Baking.. Things! <3

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:50 am

Everything I make is home-made and from scratch. ;) Even all the pie crusts, and everything. Store bought doesn't taste nearly as good.. So anyways! Enjoy. <3

Chocolate Mousse~
I realized very quickly that this one was trickier than I thought, lmao. I don't know if you normally make mousse with eggs, but I did. The second time I made it, I accidentally cooked the eggs while making it. LOL! It had.. A very "eccentric" texture.
[+] SPOILER

Strawberry, cream cheese, shortbread teapots. <3
These were a pain in the buuuutt. I accidentally broke almost all of the cookies, so they got really warped. And the jelly didn't go on the way I wanted it to, so it looked super messy.. :c But it was a first try!
[+] SPOILER

We were just goofing off. <3 Haha.

Birthday cakes, first time working with fondant & chocolate.
Oh man, this is one of the ones I'm most embarrassed about. The first cake was for my mom, and I totally goofed up. They were white chocolate flowers, but I made them way too big, and.. I will never, ever do them again. They kept breaking, they were ultimately frustrating and kept melting in my hands. I regret this so much, LOL. If I ever do it again, I'm going to cut the bottoms of the flowers off so they're closer to the cake.
[+] SPOILER

The second one here, was for my opa's birthday. I had made flowers out of fondant, also one of my first times working with it. Although they all turned out blurry. I might upload them later. But my sister helped me make this cake, LOL. It.. Was our first time. It was also years ago!

Cute chocolate cake, no fondant this time!
So I wanted to try making a cake with zero fondant, since I wasn't very good at it (and at the time getting frustrated). And I just wanted to prove I could still make something that looked okay! Lmao.
[+] SPOILER

Camo cake! <3 Much better attempt at fondant~
Oh man, this one turned out way better than I expected- haha. It was really fun, especially since I had NO idea what I was doing, lmao. Don't judge me! I mostly never know what I'm doing. So here's a little bit of a step by step.
[+] SPOILER
I wanted to make camo, so I coloured my fondant how I wanted, and make a few little balls of it, and started picking off pieces and placing them randomly in a spiral, and kept going. I tried to not let the same colours touch at least. And then I began to roll it out! I figured it'd work!

It did (thankfully)! So I rolled it onto the cake (my sister made it more of a square, lmao. She was helping me bake the cake so I could focus on the fondant). Doesn't look TOO bad!

And then we piped on dark brown icing to match, but tried to keep it simple! And it tasted pretty good. :)

And my random little things with nowhere to go. <3
These are just the extras that I was experimenting with, and only took one picture. So I'll just put all my little odds and ends here. <3 Enjoy!
[+] SPOILER
THESE. <3 MY PRIDE AND JOY FOR BEAUTIFULNESS. Was crispy filo cups, with a mixture of greek yogurt, jam, and orange juice in the bottom, then lots of yummy fruit, mint leaves, and a sprinkle of icing sugar on top! (I also stole my mom's brand new camera, and this was the first picture taken with it.)

I ran out of icing for the blue ones, and it was a stupid no-name brand so it started melting and falling off. The pink heart ones were cream cheese (lighter) and French vanilla (darker).

Omg these were hands-down one of the most delicious things I've ever made. I lost my piping equipment at the time though, so ignore the little "icing poops" lmao. It was actually a dark chocolate coffee cake, with a marshmallow fudge icing with crushed walnuts on top! This was one of the hardest and most time consuming things I ever made, haha.

Ignore how ugly these are- they were actually delicious! They're mini pies I attempted to make with this new pie press thing, although it didn't work out exactly as planned. They also exploded. LOL! Half are pumpkin with cinnamon on top (my favourite!), half were cherry with icing sugar on top, since my mom and sister don't like pumpkin. :)

Postby Lime » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:40 am

I'll add more once I find my other pictures, or if I decide to make anything else.. Lol!

Postby Shakespeare » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:08 am

Those teapot cookies look adorable! I love baking, but I don't do it often enough...

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 10:41 pm

Image Image

Postby (っ◕‿◕)っ » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:35 am

Why did I come in and look at those pictures while I was already hungry?
*eats screen*

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 1:41 pm

Postby Lime » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:52 am

Aw thank you Shaky! <3 I love baking too, but I never do it at my own apartment. :c My roommates are really messy so there's no room to do anything.

And aww! I'm sorry! Haha. <3

Postby Shakespeare » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:33 pm

Oh that sucks D:
Mum actually made a blueberry cake last night xD So yummy <3

Postby Lime » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:40 am

Aww, that sounds so tasty and yummy! <3 I'm not really a fan of blueberries, but they're not bad.

Postby Shakespeare » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:12 pm

The other week I made some really nice oat cookies. Might make them again.

Postby Mousy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:23 am

OMG I am coming over! XD
Now i'm craving all sorts of sweets. You are very talented!

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 5:41 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Lime » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:05 am

Ooh, oat cookies? That sounds tasty! And healthy.. >w> What else was in them? Some kind of fruit, maybe?

And haha, Mousy! You're too kind, thank you! :'D

Postby Shakespeare » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:24 pm

Uuuh, damn, I can't remember xD oh! they might have had raisins or something... Or just oats and sugar and flour owo I do have the recipe somewhere...

Postby Lime » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:11 am

LOL! It sounds yummy anyways~ :D I can share recipes too, if you'd like! I usually remember most of what I do, even if it's not exact.. Haha. I like to experiment a lot.

Postby MystMist » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:51 am

Would this forum be a good place to create a recipe exchange thread then?
I like making those.
Or recipe journals.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 1:41 pm

Postby Lime » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:35 pm

Ooh yes, that's an awesome idea! You totally should!

Don't feel hesitant about posting threads, even if you're unsure of it's place. :) It's all mostly common sense, and worst comes to worst, I deal with that sort of thing. So if you're unsure, just ask, or make it and I can move it if it's not. <3 So don't worry at all!

But yess, if you do, I will definitely partake in recipe sharing! ;3

Next

Return to Crafts