Sculpting, jewelry making, sewing, knitting, photography- Anything that uses your hands!

Bullet Journaling

Moderator: Ryvvi

Bullet Journaling

Postby Mousy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:30 pm

Hello All~
I've been interested in Bullet Journaling for months now, but I can't seem to get started! I'm so afraid that I'll ruin the journal with my trials and errors.

Have any of you tried it?
Were you successful?
How did you get started?

For those of you that don't know what bullet journaling is, i'll post a few links below. ^_^

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 7:32 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Re: Bullet Journaling

Postby Mousy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:34 pm

Saving this one for images of MY Bullet Journal (if I can ever work up the courage to get started)

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:17 pm

I've heard of it, but never actually tried it, though I'm interested. I love collecting journals and office supplies in general so I am pretty interested into starting a bullet journal.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 8:32 am

Postby Mousy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:25 pm

I don't want to shell out the big bucks for the fancy journals, but I did buy some unlined journals for pretty cheap..

If you do start one, post your pics!! I would love to see it.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:35 pm

Though I just bought 1 pen for $10, I don't buy expensive journals and pens, not normally anyway. Though Walmart is the only place nearby that I know has regular journals, I might get a sketchbook for my bullet journal over at Michaels. But, yeah, I'll share pics.

Postby Diana » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:39 pm

I've never heard of bullet journaling before! This looks cute and complicated. haha. I would never remember what to use the different bullet notations for.

I hope you guys will keep sharing about it!

Site Admin

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 6:32 am

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:26 pm

Also, that reminds me how I decided to go to Staples because I just wanted to walk in that store. Not really what I was expecting, but I did see that they have this customizable journal system. Staples Arc Notebooks that allow you to even insert pages of different kinds and remove pages with ease. I'm tempted to get one, though I think I'm going to stick with my original idea to just get a sketchbook so that I can decorate it without anything else on it, not even lines.

Postby Kitalpha Hart » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:33 pm

I'll stick to to-do lists and the regular format
I'd get tired of bullet too fast

hangout|art shop|card shop
BUTT CAPES
I need mah butt capes!
ImageImage

Postby Mousy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:43 pm

Kit
I have to-do lists, but I have so many of them! and I like that the bullet journal gives you freedom to track other stuff too. Not just the things you have to do.

MG
I've seen some of the removable pages ones at Barnes and Noble. For some reason, I didn't even think of staples when I was wanting a journal, but that's a fantastic idea! I do like the customization though. What brand of pen was it? My favorite pens are the flair felt tip pens.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:38 pm

Pentel energel liquid gel ink pen

one pen from Staples for $9.99 lol.

I love how it writes though. But that's why it's highly priced. High quality.

I'm working on my 2017 bullet journal, as in getting it set up. I'm using a different journal that I ripped pages out of for the remainder of this year. Going a bit fancy, but not too over the top.

I like any brand of pen. I just love collecting office supplies; notebooks, pens, pencils, markers, you name it.

Postby galled » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:20 am

I love gel ink pens. Although I rarely write by hand these days (like everyone else), I tend to hold my pen with too firm of a grip and press too hard. With felt tip pens and gel ink pens I find that I don't press so hard, so it's much easier on my hand and wrist. But I prefer gel pens over felt ones because it looks neater and doesn't soak through the paper when I write a lot.

Server Administrator

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 6:32 am

~Windlyn Daydream by Mouse

Windlyn is so fun,
Windlyn is so grand,
So come on everyone,
All across the land,
Come and join us now,
In this awesome site,
We will show you how,
Talking through the night.
~npixelz

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:39 pm

I mightve went a little overboard but whatever. I got a notebook that might be bit too big for 2017.

Postby dragoness129 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:40 pm

I have never heard of it, though it is interesting. I would get the bullets confused though.
I like posting my notes in my Evernote. I can create multiple notebook titles and make separate pages for each.
Here is a screenshot of mine for example:

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 9:32 am

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby Ryvvi » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:52 am

Ive never heard of them either, but they do look so cute!

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 12:32 am

Ry: Rise of The Innovator 4000 , The Quickening [NOT THE BEEEEESSS Limited Edition]

Next

Return to Crafts