Sculpting, jewelry making, sewing, knitting, photography- Anything that uses your hands!

Bullet Journaling

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Bullet Journaling

Postby Mousy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:25 pm

i had every intention of starting one in October.... but I feel like I can't start unless it's the first of the month.
Here's to November! *raises glass*

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 10:46 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby dragoness129 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:12 pm

I'm probably gonna wait to try it out until the new year.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 12:46 pm

Currently Seeking: Pumpkin Pile Halloween 2014 and Observatory background
[Quest]

Postby Watery Star » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:07 am

It's kind of funny to me that there's a term and a specific methodology to bullet journaling. However, after watching the video explaining it, it does sound very helpful and a good way to go about things.

I'd be more into journaling if I didn't hate my handwriting and if I learned how to hold a pen/cil properly so it didn't bother me. I love making lists but leave it to mostly wordpad on my computer. Although, my grandma did give me stationary last year that I've found use of with other lists. Helped so much when I had to measure out space for furniture. Looking online at the dimensions and jotting it down for the furniture then taking the list with me when I measured space and jotting down the available space in the room. I then did a quick sketch of the layout of the room and where the furniture would go and marked the remaining space.(Getting a bit off-topic with that sorry)
If I went out and did the shopping it would be that more helpful. But I do my shopping online and send my s.o. grocery lists through chat.
I dunno, the more I think about it, the more I think about the stationary and the notebooks you guys have been talking about. lol

About not messing up; isn't that what cheap notebooks are for? Start with something cheap until you feel comfortable and then transition over to a nicer notebook if you want. There's always the chance of messing up an entry but you can ever write down on scratch paper and then copy over to your notebook if you're worried.
oh and I'd definitely have a key for the symbols.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 11:46 am

Postby Mousy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:39 am

I could keep putting it off until January.... I'll have 2 weeks off to get my thoughts together. XD

I know that the cheap journals are meant for practice, I just don't want to mess those up either. Haha

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:58 am

I'm waiting until the new year as well. While I wait for that to happen, I'm going to prepare it. I got a bullet key down, I taped two index cards with the blank side outwards with these patterned tape and made a pouch on the inside cover to place it, also made with an index card and the patterned tape. Just got to figure out how I'm going to do the journal and what pages I need and how to decorate them.

Postby dragoness129 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:26 am

It shall be all of our New Year's resolutions to start keeping bullet journals, lol. ^_^

Postby Mousy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:25 pm

I just realized it's November 4th.. and still no journal.

Here's to January! XD

Postby ciel » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:14 pm

reading about this it actually seems like a pretty good idea o3o
whenever i have an idea or something i need to remind myself of i open up notepad and write it there, then save it to the desktop; the problem is i hardly ever go back and look at the files LOL so i have tons of little notepad files all over the place for really random stuff that i don't want to delete or move because i don't want to forget.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 8:46 am

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:36 am

a journal doesn't have to be daily - just when you think of something. Or find a spot you like to relax in and get inspired. However, Mousy you should consider writing down the highlights of your baby's progress (first tooth, sitting, crawling, cruising, climbing,talking...etc.) it goes by quick and who remembers that stuff 5, 10, 30 years later? Ever asked your Mom about when you were little?

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 9:46 am

Postby Watery Star » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:52 pm

I'm tempted to start one in the new year now too.

Problem is there is already enough things on my wishlist I don't know if I should be adding a journal and stationary to that. ^^; Hm, I think I have an empty notebook, maybe I'll make a practice one and see how it goes.

Postby dragoness129 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:19 pm

Mine would just be one of those cheap spiral notebooks, that are always super cheap during back to school sales. Not planning on spending over $2, lol. /is cheap/

Postby Cloudy » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:23 am

I like the idea of bullet journaling, but idk if i'll be able to keep up/remember i even have one

Check these out!
VOCALOID Cosplay & Chat

Stay chill

Postby Watery Star » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:12 pm

You don't have a spot where you could keep it and be reminded to check it and update it?

Postby ShiroGEM » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:44 am

I started in mid September and I have no regrets. My advice is when you first start out, don't wait for the beginning of the year and take the time now to get used to the system so you can use it more effectively for the upcoming year (or you'll find out you don't like it at all). Fancy stationary is not a must have but it is pretty aesthetic. c: The notebook i'm using right now is a decent grid but it's not Moleskine or anything like that. It was around 6.5 usd and I love using it!

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 12:46 am

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:39 pm

I prefer the start of the year and keep the journal for a single year only because it'll bug the heck out of me starting it past January, lol.

I need to plan it out a bit more, and since December is just around the corner, I really need to kick the planning into gear for reals... yo... lol.

Just like, what pages I'm going to do and stuff. Like, maybe I'm trying too hard but whatever lol.

PreviousNext

Return to Crafts