Sculpting, jewelry making, sewing, knitting, photography- Anything that uses your hands!

Bullet Journaling

Moderator: Ryvvi

Re: Bullet Journaling

Postby Watery Star » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:52 pm

I found a journal I had stashed away. It's Christmassy, which is why I haven't used it for something else yet. I stuck patterned paper I had leftover from a craft project on the front cover. I took some picture of it and the kind of layout I'm going to be using. I based it off of the number of pages in the journal verses months in the year. Actually it the post-it notes I used for the index that factored in to it too.

Here's the back cover that I decided to leave alone. The front looked the same.

I thought about taking pictures too late and already started to cover it up so I don't have one of what it looked like originally.

Index on left is post-it notes. There are only so many lines that it factored in how many sections I'd have.
I decided to have a few pages at the beginning to write my yearly aspirations and any long-term goals.

I'm leaving 4 pages per month and 5 lines per day. It just seemed to fit well that way.

I had four extra pages left so I'm going to use that for seasonal goals. Probably good for later seasons for what still needs to be done.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 1:06 am

Postby Q-tea » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:01 pm

I started a planner earlier this year around April and it slowly turned into a bullet journal. Although I've created a variation of my own and eventually want to create a simpler system.

Honestly, the "original" bullet journal system is just a suggestion. There are no rules and there is no such thing as a perfect journal. A lot of people go through a lot of trials and errors in their first journals. It's normal, don't let that stop you, after a couple of fails you might discover something that will change your life and make things so much more achievable or organized. o u o

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 11:06 pm

Postby Watery Star » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:36 am

That's great advice Q-tea.
Yeah when I looked up bullet journaling what I say was more suggestions on how to go about it. I have mine organized a bit differently because I was limited on the number of pages.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:01 pm

I still need to set mine up.

Though I'm not going to put any laying out of things in my journal for each day like you did, I'm kinda worried about running out of space. Though, I think next time I'm using those custom journal things, like the Staples Arc system thing where I can add more pages.

I'm adding a calendar to each month, tracking pages, like, where you keep track of things, and the regular logging pages. Though I should keep it simple for my first time, I wanted to see if tracking my progress on my resolutions and such actually helps me.

Postby Mousy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:22 pm

It's almost time!! I'm so excited to read everyone's experiences with it!

I would love for it to be a multipurpose bullet journal for work and personal, but there isn't a journal out there that has enough pages for that. teachering is so much paper. T_T

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 12:06 am

If you are talking to me, please ping or quote me. I get distracted and lose track of what I'm doing easily. :wink:

Postby Of the Stars » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:43 am

I like the idea of being adding pages. There was a youtuber who had a journal like that.

~*~* Watery Star's mule *~*~

Postby Mousy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:24 am

okay. I'm cheating.

I bought this planner and I think I got the last in this design because all of a sudden it's unavailable. XD https://www.amazon.com/bloom-daily-plan ... NDAF3XEKK9

It's completely out on their actual website too.

Anyway- i think i really liked the creative side and tracking side of bullet journaling, but i don't have all that much time to create the pages weekly. I have a journal i bought for the bullet journal, but I was also afraid that I would use it up much too fast.

I'm going to use that journal for my trackers.
I want to do a mood tracker
PMS tracker
Book tracker
Movie tracker...
workout tracker..

TRACK ALL THE THINGS.

P.S. Tracker looks weird if you type it too many times.

Local time: Sun May 12, 2024 12:06 am

Postby Of the Stars » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Hey whatever works for you Mousy,
Any word written or said too many times starts to look or sound weird.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:37 pm

I'm going to try to show pictures of mine some time this week.

Postby Bassy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:02 pm

BUllet Journals seem interesting but I'm not a planner person. I will write an event down but I will never look at it again because I will remember. I might use it as a different things... bucket lists, inspirational quotes, A-Z about me, year in pixels, ect.

Here are visuals:

[+] SPOILER
A-Z About me:

Year in pixels:

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Postby Watery Star » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:30 pm

I haven't seen a "year in pixels" before, that's interesting.

So far I'm doing good with my journal. 4 spots seems like enough for me each day but I think next year I'll just get a daily planner.

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:19 am

How's everyone's journal coming along?

Postby Of the Stars » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:45 am

I'm keeping up with mine. I seem to be doing better with chores than I am with making phone calls. I have to renew my dental insurance but I keep putting it off.

I left myself extra space at the front and added some lists. Things I need to get done sometime in this year, things need to buy and things I want to buy, and wishlist for the collectibles I want. I have a couple pages free for whatever else I might need to add.

How's everyone else doing?

Postby MonkeyGirl18 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:07 am

I didnt do yesterday, but I didn't have anything to write in there yesterday. I need to write in it today, though. Other than yesterday, I've been keeping up. I also been drawing a picture a day (except I forgot to yesterday) to get better with writing. I originally planned to do a pic a day in the bullet journal. But I think I'm going to draw in another journal and draw a single picture at the end of the month in my bullet journal to see my progress.

Postby Watery Star » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:07 am

Sounds good. I'd like to draw everyday but I really want to work on my comic so I'm focusing on my comic for now.

PreviousNext

Return to Crafts