Sculpting, jewelry making, sewing, knitting, photography- Anything that uses your hands!

Scrapbooking

Moderator: Ryvvi

Scrapbooking

Postby Bassy » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:24 pm

I always wanted to try something like this. I had an interest in High School but never really tried it. But I need a new hobby.

As a beginner, what should I learn or know and how do I know what supplies to get when starting? Just like kits or just random magazines, books, etc.

If you have one, what do you do? Have any pictures to share?

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 8:35 am

Please feed and hold my pokemon?

Soup’s Pokémon!

Re: Scrapbooking

Postby Lemon Cheesecake » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:56 pm

From what I recall, if you want to make it a keepsake then you need to use acid free paper.

Be careful of glue, it can turn brown when it gets old and leave stain marks.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 6:35 am

Postby ShiroGEM » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:37 am

OMG i love scrapbooking!! i had this instagram account just for journaling (which is on hiatus because ive been keeping things private oops) but i started so i could give my stationery hoard a whirl and it's super relaxing to do! i have a midori MD notebook that was for 2021 memory keeping + freeform journaling. i chose this because the paper is fountain friendly, though i would say a spiral notebook might be less prone to becoming chonky if you like collaging more!

i'll share some pics of the more scrapbooky stuff, hopefully you can get an idea of how unrestricting it can be! i love to incorporate a lot of paper scraps, origami paper, washi tapes (i thrifted a bunch) and stickers (stickers are so expensive in my country ive resorted to making my own now). i also have a plastic folder to house any magazine or adverts i got in the mail! this sounds sad but i also use my english and chinese dictionary and outdated calendars for the backing of my collages because it fills up the empty space in a nice way :tongue:

warning: image heavy!
1) snippets of packaging from japanese tea and snacks ive bought from don don donki
2) art museum photos i printed + the pamphlet i picked up while i was there
3, 4) a random doodle of kasumi miwa i decided to stick in here + an original character collage

[+] SPOILER
ImageImage

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 9:35 pm

chris | they/them | hong kong
Hangout • Wishlist • AvisSketchbook • Items I've Made
Art Shop!

pixel by Mouse

Postby Bassy » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:36 am

I love how you used a magazine rather than a notebook! I’ll have to start collecting magazines, I remember I high school making collages for assignments, cutting it out and gluing them to a paper.

Local time: Sat May 11, 2024 8:35 am

Return to Crafts